Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Lanterns #14 *Preview/Spoilers*

< link here

http://www.comicvine.com/news/first-...rns-14/145579/ (also S-man #14 1st look)
    0.00%
    25.00%
    50.00%
    12.50%
    12.50%

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Looks good to me, I love Atrocitus and Rankorr.
    No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Looks to me like the whole "eyes are their weakness" is going to be a red herring, as only the Reds will be inclined to use it to kill them. There is clearly some importance to the eyes, as has been hinted from the start with the Guardians noting them, but I don't think it will end up being anything as simple as "Poke their eyes out! It's our only chance!" with everybody making Three Stooges constructs to do it.

Comment

I've had better.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

I like the idea of the RLs having specialities.

Otherwise, a so-so issue. We can look forward to yet again seeing 666's destruction.

Comment

Looks like other Red Lanterns are back in the book again. And wasn't there supposed to be this whole plotline about Dex finding the dude who killed how owner and tried to kill him? I guess that was resolved off panel.

Once more Atrocitus' trail of logic in finding out it's the Guardians astounds me. "The blue looks familiar"? Uggggggghhhh.

But I am liking Rankorr in this issue. Provides a bit of contrast to everyone. Although I really want Razor, from the cartoon, to show up. I miss the cartoon, damn it.

The specialties are ... wierd. What about everybody else? And what's Ratchet going to do all day while he's guardin that CPB? There's nothing to do on Yasmault!

And I gotta say ... ENOUGH WITH ATROCITUS' BACK STORY! We JUST got through the zero issue! "Painful Memories" is right. I am not looking forward to next issue.

Although, another positive: The CPB is once more drawn correctly and not like a giant Red Lantern symbol.

All in all, barely tolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Looks to me like the whole "eyes are their weakness" is going to be a red herring, as only the Reds will be inclined to use it to kill them. There is clearly some importance to the eyes, as has been hinted from the start with the Guardians noting them, but I don't think it will end up being anything as simple as "Poke their eyes out! It's our only chance!" with everybody making Three Stooges constructs to do it.
              I agree. It does seem more like a momentary weakness than anything else. I'm sure Johns is waiting to reveal the big "This is how you kill them." secret.

Comment

Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!

This book still sucks goat nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                  I agree. It does seem more like a momentary weakness than anything else. I'm sure Johns is waiting to reveal the big "This is how you kill them." secret.
                  I don't know, it could really be that simple. Since we already know that this isn't the "main" event, Johns and company may just want to get in and get out quick so there's no lingering concerns during the Wrath of the First Lantern story.

I didn't think this issue was so bad. Boring, yes but not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                    I don't know, it could really be that simple. Since we already know that this isn't the "main" event, Johns and company may just want to get in and get out quick so there's no lingering concerns during the Wrath of the First Lantern story.
                    I didn't think this issue was so bad. Boring, yes but not bad.
                    I don't think it is going to be the solution. I think the GLC will have to face and defeat the GotU and then the army goes down Independence Day style. I just don't see it being a matter of "look there's a million 3rd Army soldiers, let's poke out 2 million eyes and call it a day!"

Comment

At first I thought from the covers 3 months ago that the Third Army beings would be immune to each color of the Emotional Spectrum one at a time, so a "combination color attack" would kill them, like in Blackest Night. That didn't pan out in the actual comic, however.

Notice how back at the Central Red Power Battery the Third Army leftovers were able to regenerate and attack the RLs again. That white Third Army DNA is just all-consuming.

Comment

It's all because of that stupid rat.
                        The last fan of 1990s comics
                        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

All consuming and all powerful, until you jab them in the eyes. Fucking classic.

If one star is the sloppy diarrhea, where you sit on the toilet and pray for the mercy of death while liquid shit sprays out of your ass, then two stars is a more solid turd. A turd to be sure, brown and you have to work at it, but a little more weighty and holds together while it's being flushed.

Red Lantern #14 was that two star turd. I looked at it before flushing it, amazed at how it looked EXACTLY like the turd I had last month, seems like I ate the same meal. Was that corn? Oh yeah, the wife made corn. Still, it held together a bit better than the book does on other months. The art was a bit more consistent.

Next month is another revisit of Atrocitus' origin? Really? I eagerly await another case of the drizzling shits, ready to wipe until my asshole bleeds. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                            All consuming and all powerful, until you jab them in the eyes. Fucking classic.
                            In other words..."It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!"

Looks like I just found the Third Army Oath!
                            The last fan of 1990s comics
                            Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                              In other words..."It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!"

Looks like I just found the Third Army Oath!
                              This crap just writes itself!

Comment

Working...
                              X