The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Blogs
FLASHCHAT

Old

The Geek Overture #2: DAMMIT JANET!!!

Posted 10-13-2008 at 04:54 AM by GreenLanternGeek (The Beetle Cave)

It's comeing up Halloween, and for the 5th year in a row I will be watching one of the greatest cult classic films ever to hit the screen... ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!! If you have never seen this flick go and rent it now.

This Film has great music Like Sword of Dameclese, Rose Tinted World, Over At The Frankenstein Place, and the unforgettable TIME WARP! It Starred three young actors that soon became household names Barry Bostwick, Susan Suranden, and Tim Curry.

The Reference Master
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

It's In My Brain #2: The Cures cure

Posted 08-13-2008 at 05:12 AM by GreenLanternGeek (The Beetle Cave)
Updated 08-14-2008 at 09:59 PM by GreenLanternGeek (needed to put up wednesday and thursday)

"Friday I'm In Love" by the Cure is the song stuck in my head this week... well thats not exactly true, It's mainly this little section:

Quote:
Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday wednesday break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
It's friday i'm in love
see Monday I had an extremely bad day... not something I particually want to get into though so we'll leave it at that. Tuesday I was stuck working in the back just wanting someone to talk...
The Reference Master
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

It's In My Brain!!! #1

Posted 07-28-2008 at 04:23 AM by GreenLanternGeek (The Beetle Cave)

Ok this is my blog for all the music that gets stuck in my head, this happens like 5 times a week at the least so I'm pretty used to this by now, and for me to explain why it's stuck. See my brain kind of catalogs all the songs I hear and for some reason either it be a beat a memory or someithing along the lines of a trigger word will set off a song in there.

Ok right now I have the song "Rainbow Connection" stuck in my head, you know the song that kermit the frog sings...
The Reference Master
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Geek Overture #1 "Completely Spaced"

Posted 07-25-2008 at 03:38 PM by GreenLanternGeek (The Beetle Cave)

First off let me say I have been waiting for the release of SPACED since Shaun of The Dead came out. Seriousely 4 fucking years I have been waiting for this, and the wait was totally worth it!!

This series was great, from the first few minutes of the first episode I was on the ground laughing. The characters in this show were awesome, you really do care about these guys and connect with them on some level. There were so many reference jokes (I love reference jokes), like Tim burning...
The Reference Master
Posted in Uncategorized