The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Blogs > Brandan's Bodega
FLASHCHAT

This is a collection of my mood, my preferences and everything I deem necessary to rant about. So, enjoy...and welcome to Brandan's Bodega!
The Column This category is full of entries that explore the inner workings of my head. You call them rants, I call them a breath of fresh air.
Old

R.I.P. Kyle Rayner...Continuity

Posted 06-05-2012 at 07:01 PM by W.West (Brandan's Bodega)
Updated 06-05-2012 at 07:07 PM by W.West

R.I.P. Kyle Rayner...Continuity

In light of recent "news", it has somehow just now dawned on me that the planning of the New52 simply can not be described as a plan but a string of ideas laid out without any thought on the aftermath. Let's see, how can I put this? Kyle Rayner's past has taken a construct arrow in the knee.

No Wally. No Donna. No Jade. No Justice...League. Though I'm sure...
Posted in The Column
Old

What I Want From Green Lantern Zero Issues

Posted 04-25-2012 at 03:38 PM by W.West (Brandan's Bodega)

What I Want From Green Lantern Zero Issues

So if recent rumors and reports are to be believed, DC Comics will soon publish Zero Issues during the month of September. Supposedly covering "stuff that happened before issue #1. Year Ones, flashbacks, origins." We all know that the lantern titles were generally unchanged from the Flashpoint effect on continuity also known as The New52. So with that in...
Posted in The Column
Old

Open Letter to Carol Ferris

Posted 01-12-2012 at 02:39 PM by W.West (Brandan's Bodega)
Updated 01-12-2012 at 03:40 PM by W.West

Hey Carol,

Its me Brandan. Have I told you how much I love you lately? No? Well I do, and now seems like the perfect time to let you know that. We're both old enough to know how each other works right? Well, I always felt I knew you like no other did. I was there through your marriage, your possession(s), weird relationships and countless hairstyles and outfits. I say this not to reminiscence but to remind. I love you Carol Ferris, and it's because of that love that I must...
Posted in The Column
Old

Year...One in Review: The Huntress

Posted 08-13-2010 at 01:45 PM by W.West (Brandan's Bodega)
Updated 08-13-2010 at 02:01 PM by W.West

In 1987, DC Comics released Batman #404, the first chapter of Batman: Year One written by Frank Miller with art by David Mazzucchelli. Years later, DC Comics would go on to capitalize off the success of that idea by taking a look at various characters in their "First year".

Recently, I read Green Arrow: Year One by Andy Diggle & artist Jock. I enjoyed the story so much that I felt I needed to take a look at other Year One stories that I had missed over the years. But...
Posted in The Column
Old

My DC Entertainment Wishlist: Television

Posted 06-04-2010 at 07:52 PM by W.West (Brandan's Bodega)
Updated 06-04-2010 at 09:39 PM by W.West

Dear Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns,

I am a dedicated DC Comics fan and pride myself on knowing the useless knowledge of your company's characters. I am writing to you because as the CCO, you handle film, television, animation and interactive with the (Warner Bros.)studio. I would like to give you some suggestions on what would make DC Entertainment...entertaining. So without further ado, let's jump into Television shall we?

TELEVISION
Posted in The Column