The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Blogs > Ringside with Andrew NDB
FLASHCHAT

Ringside with Andrew NDB
Rate this Entry

What is the appropriate, rational response...

Posted 09-13-2008 at 04:42 AM by Andrew NDB

What is the appropriate, rational response... when you find your girlfriend is covertly flirting with some dude over E-mail? Like, one of her co-workers?

Nothing TOO suggestive, mind you (nothing like "Let's go meet up and y'know"), but plenty of wink winks and "Hey, girl"s and flirty banter... and as a dude you know EXACTLY what the dude is trying to fandangle there. Even some talk about setting her up a special Hotmail account (that obviously her and I wouldn't be sharing, or I would supposed to be knowing about) so they could talk further over MSN Messenger. More on the matter... she knows I routinely check her E-mail (and tells me to) because it's the E-mail that we routinely receive pictures from our first child that we put up for adoption 4 years ago there. OK? Since the account is tied to her MySpace, anyone with MySpace knows you get little E-mails from MySpace every time someone sends you a message. So there's plenty of those in there, yes? From her galpals, all of them -- except for this one dude in question. Today I noticed she received two MySpace alerts about this dude sending her messages on MySpace, just some random name and I paid it no thought. Later on the same day... while I'm at work and she's at home, I notice these same message alerts have been skillfully deleted by her. From the trashbin, everything, the whole nine yards... which wouldn't be unusual, except for the fact that she hasn't and doesn't ever delete the message reminders from all of her other friends on MySpace.

You see the picture I'm painting? Nothing specifically cheaterish, nothing even too suggestive... but anyone with half a brain or a modicum of common sense/deductive reasoning can deduce exactly where things more than likely might be heading.

I'm just really wondering what the rational course of action should be. Flip the fuck out? I kind of am. I kind of really am.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7222 Comments 23 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 23

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I guess confront her but not in a flip out ballistic kind of way
    Posted 09-13-2008 at 05:41 AM by GreenLanternGeek GreenLanternGeek is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I'd confront her about it in a joking matter. Let her see that you're not really bothered because things haven't escalated but let her know that you know about him and its not something you want to continue.
  3. Old Comment
    It's not cheaterish, but it is the BEGINING of it. It starts out small like this, then it escalates. My advice: Nip It In The Goddamn Bud.

Confront her, and don't back down until it's settled.
    Posted 09-14-2008 at 05:47 AM by The_Mad_Dragon The_Mad_Dragon is offline
  4. Old Comment
    have you seen any of her messages to him? thats what you need because if you haven't then she could have read them and been like "god damn it this guy needs to quit this shit" and deleted them so she wouldn't get in trouble with you.

now if she was talking in the same manner then its time to confront her asap. If she's responsive awesome if not then keep an eye on her
  5. Old Comment
    I'd kick his ass, but thats just me! but seriously, find out whats up, and how it goes. I've had that happen in the past. My ex went to new york on a trip to a convention, and i saw a letter a few weeks later from this guy saying how awesome the time was....I was pissed
  6. Old Comment
    Everything turn out o.k. ?
  7. Old Comment
    What did you do?

and Lish..you had PLENTY reason to be pissed then. That was so disrespectful..
  8. Old Comment
    Yeah... everything's more or less OK now...
  9. Old Comment
    We broke up, this guy was from another part of the country, she denyed anything happened, but the suggestions this guy made were too much, even for good friends to say to each other, let alone a guy she just met.
  10. Old Comment
    thats good to hear andrew
    Posted 10-24-2008 at 07:08 PM by GreenLanternGeek GreenLanternGeek is offline
  11. Old Comment
    It'll be all right, Andrew.
  12. Old Comment
    Right on man.
  13. Old Comment
    Good to hear everything is OK.
  14. Old Comment
    ok immature boy...let me break it down for you (ladies too)...you do not have any rights to her...her pussy belongs to her and her alone...if she wants to fuck you...your brother...3 guys at the bar...or everybody she works with there is nothing you can do about it...grow the fuck up...resonate some understanding...either trust her or don't...but whatever you choose...ITS NOT YOUR PUSSY!!!!!!
    Posted 01-14-2010 at 04:26 AM by daniel hex
  15. Old Comment
    .... You do know he's the site's owner and administrator, right?
    Posted 01-14-2010 at 12:24 PM by The_Mad_Dragon The_Mad_Dragon is offline
  16. Old Comment
    No, no, Mad... let the boy be heard. *Sits back and pops the popcorn*
  17. Old Comment
    Not to mention she is in a commited relationship in which she is honorbound to stay with one man until either them decides to end it.
    Posted 01-14-2010 at 11:21 PM by The_Mad_Dragon The_Mad_Dragon is offline
  18. Old Comment
    ets be clear about why i am here...i was looking to use comics to help teach my granddaughter to read..draw...use her imagination...and to help her with her moral compass...i stopped collecting the entire x men line about 15 years ago..i thought the green lantern would be a great example to start her out on...always do the right thing...never give up...always be the good guy...my collection is almost complete...i have all the gls from the current run and about half of the glc run...so i came here mainly for research...what i found is the "poozers eguals losers" message board...i have never seen such a collection of miscreants in my life (well...those people who play magic...) i actually read a thread about a guy who saw a guy at a comics convention who was complaining about the guy wearing the ring on the wrong finger...what the fuck...where is it written that you have to wear it on your middle finger...how does that work if you only have tentacles...or 2 fingers and they are both thumbs...you can ban me if you want...i don't give a shit if i hurt the owners feelings...if you don't want people to chew you a new asshole every now and again be sure and not post personal crap asking people to comment....and i don't care if she is in a committed relationship or not...maybe to her it is not that committed...maybe she wants to ride another horse around the track for a while....you should be happy she is still giving you some pussy...because she doesn't have too...its not yours..it never was...it never will be...and the only say you have in the matter is to accept it or leave....
    Posted 01-16-2010 at 05:05 AM by daniel hex
  19. Old Comment
    :Yawn:

Yes, yes, we're geeks who suck. We are so beneath you, yadda, yadda, yadda. You are completely subservient to anyone with a vagina, etcetera, etcetera.
    Posted 01-16-2010 at 05:32 AM by The_Mad_Dragon The_Mad_Dragon is offline
  20. Old Comment
    Who comes to a messageboard to influence their granddaughter but only interacts with the personal blogs that are completely unrelated to the central theme of said board?