The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Blogs
FLASHCHAT

Welcome to sYLeNt's AsYLuM!

It's the blog page that has BIG things poppin'... little things stoppin'. So sit back, relax and enjoy the view cause I got blogs BETTER than YOU...

"BALLIN'!!"
Old

The AVN: Adult Entertainment Expo

Posted 10-07-2009 at 06:01 PM by Sylent_Asassin (sYLeNt'S aSyLuM)

The location: Las Vegas, Nevada. The city of sin. The place where even the most pathetic can get laid with minimal effort. Any full-blooded hetrosexual man MUST attend this convention at least ONCE in their lifetime to say they've REALLY lived. I've gotta' say that this is in my all-time top 5 of best 'Guy's Night Out' weekends I've ever had. I got the chance to meet some of my favorite *ahem* actresses and quite few hotties that I had never heard of. I had the pleasure of meeting:
Black Lantern
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

SDCC Booty

Posted 08-04-2009 at 06:15 PM by Sylent_Asassin (sYLeNt'S aSyLuM)
Updated 08-04-2009 at 10:20 PM by Sylent_Asassin

No, no. Not booty as in posterior, but booty as in prizes and swag. This is all the stuff I got from the SDCC:

Got a light-up ring and two Black Lantern rings. I had to beg the WB booth chick for the light-up ring, but hey. You do what you have to do.

Got this nice Playboy with Olivia Munn
Black Lantern
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The SDCC Experience

Posted 07-29-2009 at 08:23 PM by Sylent_Asassin (sYLeNt'S aSyLuM)
Updated 07-30-2009 at 11:25 PM by Sylent_Asassin

The San Diego Comic Con Experience

This was my 6th Comic Con in the last 7 years and because of the line-up of comic panels, exhibitors, attendees, celebrities, I was more stoked than ever to be in attendance. Everyone should try to make it to one of these major comic shows at least once in their lifetime. Fortunately for me, I live relatively close to a couple of them so things have worked
Black Lantern
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Panhandling

Posted 07-15-2009 at 09:34 PM by Sylent_Asassin (sYLeNt'S aSyLuM)
Updated 07-15-2009 at 09:36 PM by Sylent_Asassin (...)

During my lunch hour, I went to a LCS to pick up Blackest Night and Tales of the GLC. After I made my purchase, a middle-aged gentleman approached me and explained his situation. He didn't look like your typical panhandler as he had on decent attire and designer sunglasses. He didn't look dirty or reek of cheap liquor and cigarette smoke. He said he was laid off from his job in Los Angeles and came to Mountain View seeking employment with his family. After an exhausing search, he said he couldn't...
Black Lantern
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Layoffs... Break-outs... Pissed off!

Posted 07-10-2009 at 07:14 PM by Sylent_Asassin (sYLeNt'S aSyLuM)

This week, my company had its third round of layoffs in the last 8 months. It was a scary time because we didnít know if we were going to have a job. It was especially scary for me considering Iím the sole provider in my family. If I were laid off, I would be up shit creek without a paddle as I have a mortgage and all the bills to worry about.

It was really rotten the way the Company handled the incident. They sent out an email in the morning and let it simmer amongst the staff for
Black Lantern
Posted in Uncategorized