The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Blogs
FLASHCHAT

This is a collection of my mood, my preferences and everything I deem necessary to rant about. So, enjoy...and welcome to Brandan's Bodega!
Old

R.I.P. Kyle Rayner...Continuity

Posted 06-05-2012 at 07:01 PM by W.West
Updated 06-05-2012 at 07:07 PM by W.West
R.I.P. Kyle Rayner...Continuity

In light of recent "news", it has somehow just now dawned on me that the planning of the New52 simply can not be described as a plan but a string of ideas laid out without any thought on the aftermath. Let's see, how can I put this? Kyle Rayner's past has taken a construct arrow in the knee.

No Wally. No Donna. No Jade. No Justice...League. Though I'm sure...
Posted in The Column
Old

What I Want From Green Lantern Zero Issues

Posted 04-25-2012 at 03:38 PM by W.West
What I Want From Green Lantern Zero Issues

So if recent rumors and reports are to be believed, DC Comics will soon publish Zero Issues during the month of September. Supposedly covering "stuff that happened before issue #1. Year Ones, flashbacks, origins." We all know that the lantern titles were generally unchanged from the Flashpoint effect on continuity also known as The New52. So with that in...
Posted in The Column
Old

Open Letter to Carol Ferris

Posted 01-12-2012 at 02:39 PM by W.West
Updated 01-12-2012 at 03:40 PM by W.West
Hey Carol,

Its me Brandan. Have I told you how much I love you lately? No? Well I do, and now seems like the perfect time to let you know that. We're both old enough to know how each other works right? Well, I always felt I knew you like no other did. I was there through your marriage, your possession(s), weird relationships and countless hairstyles and outfits. I say this not to reminiscence but to remind. I love you Carol Ferris, and it's because of that love that I must...
Posted in The Column
Old

Don't Lie to Me Bob Harras

Posted 11-23-2011 at 01:43 PM by W.West
Updated 11-23-2011 at 01:53 PM by W.West
Don't lie to me Bob Harras. Please don't. Today is Wednesday and I have money to spend on your comics. Don't patronize me for being loyal to your characters by lying to me in the disguise of promotion. This morning, DC Comics posted, what will surely be in the back of every book printed this week, a short "All Access" page where Bob hypes upcoming crossovers in Legion/Teen Titans and Animal Man/Swamp Thing. I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is Bob going out of...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

DC Letters (Supergirl)

Posted 04-20-2011 at 07:57 PM by W.West
Updated 04-21-2011 at 10:24 PM by W.West
I use the blog feature here to save a copy of what I send to the DC Letters/Editorial staff. Figured I'd just post the ones that get published. The date is in reference to when I sent it not when it was published. Some times you will see different names used as the sender. This is simply me trying to outsmart DC and not annoy their staff.

--------------------

Again, one of the earlier letters I wrote to DC. A bit of a sad note because soon after I sent this letter,...