The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Ωmega Man
FLASHCHAT

Conversation Between Ωmega Man and Hypo
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 19
  1. Hypo
    05-27-2016 06:24 PM
    Hypo
    Yea, it's definitely aimed more towards people who are established creators that haven't done comic work, I'm guessing they're trying to raise the bar in order to not be flooded with applications.

You could maybe try this: http://creatorsforcreators.org

But the bar will probably be even higher and it's grant rather than a workshop.
  2. Ωmega Man
    05-03-2016 12:26 AM
    Ωmega Man
    Man... I was hoping the published works wouldn't be a huge factor as I've only got a children's book I'm shopping around trying to get published, other than that I've just sold some songs I've written to local bands and that I wouldn't think would count as being published. Might as well pay cash to have poetry printed in the classifieds LOL

~M~
  3. Hypo
  4. Ωmega Man
    05-02-2016 08:38 PM
    Ωmega Man
    I remember you being the one who posted the news DC was accepting applications for an artist/writers workshop and how the apps for writers needed to be submitted this month... do you have any more info on that?

~M~
  5. Hypo
    01-17-2015 01:32 AM
    Hypo
    Haha yea, I moved to NYC for work right after I graduated from college. Spent about half a year in Manhattan but I've been in Brooklyn for about two years now.
  6. Ωmega Man
    01-16-2015 02:20 AM
    Ωmega Man
    Dude you live in Brooklyn? I moved there for almost two years after high school. I was by the water on Emmons Ave directly across the bay from that college. Last time I visited though the Irish Bar on Emmons got tore down and that was like the only place where they didn't mock my southern accent cause my mom's maiden name is Sweeney.

^^^Don't mean to get nostalgic, but I saw that was your location and immediately got jealous cause I miss living up there.

~KL~
  7. Ωmega Man
    11-19-2014 08:13 PM
    Ωmega Man
    I like a lot of the purchased character stables DC generally doesn't do anything with. Quality, Charlton, Fawcett, Milestone, hell even a few Wildstorm characters. I was shocked to hear Bulletman was now in the Public Domain after being the 2nd most popular Fawcett hero after Capt. Marvel in the 40's. Been trying to pitch a series to Dynamite and Image with GoatLantern for a bit now...

~KL~
  8. Hypo
    11-19-2014 02:01 PM
    Hypo
    And if you're a fan of the Charlton characters that issue is out today.
  9. Ωmega Man
    11-18-2014 05:07 AM
    Ωmega Man
    Oooooh hell yeah. Thanks for that then, definitely gonna get that one at least. Been dying for some Freedom Fighters in the New52 that aren't just newer re-imaginings. I was a bit disappointed with the Ray, Human Bomb and Phantom Lady didn't look too bad... then they just stopped making those minis...

~KL~
  10. Hypo
    11-18-2014 01:39 AM
    Hypo