The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Agent Purple
FLASHCHAT

Conversation Between Agent Purple and Space Cop
Showing Visitor Messages 151 to 160 of 183
  1. Space Cop
    10-05-2014 02:43 AM
    Space Cop
    Ha. There's a pretty good video on Youtube showing a way to do one-man riot, but I found when I tried, they discovered blood pools. I could deal with that so long as they got out of range of the other guys. It took quite a few tries to get it right (well over an hour of my life wasted).

As a side note, having play Hitman 2 through Absolution multiple times each, I've decided my ideal next game in the series would be a combination of the mechanics in Absolution (which were a vast improvement over 2-4) but with missions closer to Blood Money since all the running away and rogue missions in Absolution don't seem quite the proper setting for Agent 47. I suppose the ending to Absolution suggests he and Diana could reform the ICA or go independent.
  2. Agent Purple
    10-05-2014 02:29 AM
    Agent Purple
    One Man Riot is one I just couldn't do. So goddamn hard.

I just ran into another "hide the homeless guy" one not five minutes ago, and this one from a dude who's right-before-that contract I liked because it was a decent one. I seriously have no clue how the fuck these guys pull this off. This one was actually worse than the last, because "accident" was the killing instrument.

How in the flying fuck is that guy going to die from an accident? He never moves! You can shoot at him and he doesn't flinch!

Ugh, I need to kill dudes in weird ways to blow off steam.
  3. Space Cop
    10-05-2014 02:00 AM
    Space Cop
    I've played a handful of them but wondered once or twice whether they were possible. That definitely sounds wrong. If it's still up when I get back to the game, I'll check that out. If I ever make one, I'd focus on making it fun and quirky, not super hard.

The last in-game challenge that took significant time was the one-man riot (killing the 10 jail guys with the glass shiv and not being seen).

Strangely enough, the one you said gave you some trouble (harponing Layla) lined right up for me on the first attempt, but that's no brag because I had to do the Samurai kill and fireplace multiple times.
  4. Agent Purple
    10-05-2014 01:43 AM
    Agent Purple
    I'm doing a contract right now and the first mission's chef just saw me crouching and covering against the wall. I'm disguised, so he doesn't spot me and blow my cover, but he does flat-out tell me "You are not normal."

Hilarious.

Also, I saw again what has to be a cheater's contract. It's for the homeless guy in the alley in front of the Terminus Hotel. You have to kill him, not be spotted, not change disguises, not miss any shots, and hide the body. There's no way to touch him to drag him to the nearby container, the game won't let you close enough, so I tested it a bit and then reported it. If you see this one yourself, report it, because it has to be a fraud.
  5. Agent Purple
    10-05-2014 12:46 AM
    Agent Purple
    Earlier this afternoon, managed to get infiltration in the first two sections of Attack of the Saints. Still trying to get Silent Assassin rank on that.

And yeah, I was about to tell you how insanely difficult the Angel of Death II challenge is. The devs, as good as they are with this game's quality as indication, clearly had a brain fart with that challenge. And then the next level is just kill the Saints or something, very easy by comparison.

I've largely just been playing Contracts mode, coming up with amusing challenges (at least, amusing names) and getting enough money to upgrade every customizable gun the way I want it, which is super-expensive considering how pricey some upgrades get. Still, loads of fun.
  6. Space Cop
    10-04-2014 08:47 PM
    Space Cop
    Well, I re-beat Absolution. I've done every challenge except the one where you have to kill every person in the Saints level silently (I can't even believe that's a real, achievable one) and two of the shooting range ones (Silverballers and every weapon--I think I'm only missing that and the rifle). Not sure how much more time and patience I have for those.
  7. Agent Purple
    09-28-2014 12:22 PM
    Agent Purple
    I always shoot him in the head and get civ casualties and shit. Guess I'll go for the chest next time to snag Silent Assassin rank.

And as I've been listening to W.A.S.P., no, I don't have that stuck in my head.
  8. Space Cop
    09-28-2014 11:07 AM
    Space Cop
    That's a DLC gun? Sounds cool.
    BTW: if you haven't gotten the "Wing Man" challenge at "Fight Night," the easiest way is to time your shot right after the Patriot's Punch and hit Sanchez in the chest. That way, there's no stray kills and no panic.

So, with us both playing the heck out of this game, do you have "Black Bandanna" playing in your head too?
  9. Agent Purple
    09-28-2014 04:00 AM
    Agent Purple
    Bought and test drove the Zenith Gun in Absolution using the cops in the Library level. Incredibly balanced, badass look, built-in silencer. Love it.

Apparently, though, you aren't allowed to kill every last enemy, or the game fails your contract as "cannot be completed" and forces you to retry it. Well, didn't matter, since I was just goofing around for that trial. Also did a few kills using explosives just to entertain my nephew.
  10. Agent Purple
    09-22-2014 10:56 PM
    Agent Purple
    I know. One of the guides I use, on XboxAchievements.org, has loads of missing info. Dude who wrote it, who's a high-profile staffer, just left so much shit out it's mind-boggling.

I mean, seriously, how the hell do you forget half a damn guide?