The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Agent Purple
FLASHCHAT

Conversation Between Agent Purple and Space Cop
Showing Visitor Messages 161 to 170 of 183
  1. Space Cop
    09-22-2014 10:48 PM
    Space Cop
    Some of the guides online are annoying. In two different places I read the Ultramax challenge was simply a matter of beating Lilly's score with that gun. Well, I did that twice and it didn't work. I do a little more digging and find out you have to reach 700!
  2. Agent Purple
    09-22-2014 10:18 PM
    Agent Purple
    Move on. It'll make you feel better that at least something is getting done rather than you being stuck in one spot forever.
  3. Space Cop
    09-22-2014 10:03 PM
    Space Cop
    The gun shop challenges are annoying the heck out of me. I'm either going to have to move on or take a break.
  4. Agent Purple
    09-22-2014 08:34 PM
    Agent Purple
    I had to do the harpoon kill twice because I didn't distract her with the model factory first and tried to time the shot, and of course missed it. Second time was pure gold. The poison was hilarious, because I thought she would start seizing up right there, but she goes for a balcony dance and takes a header.

I tried to do the Ronin challenges, killing dudes with the katana while wearing the samurai outfit, but got caught. Will have to do it again, because it's actually fairly easy, just time consuming because you have to never be spotted or you have to restart.
  5. Space Cop
    09-22-2014 02:39 AM
    Space Cop
    Yeah, I've found that already. The other night I had plans to do a few things and ended up spending the whole time til I turned in for the night on challenges.

Didn't know about the exploding fireplace. Before even trying the challenges I did the samurai kill, the poisoned sushi, and Lenny's rifle, but apparently I have more to go.
  6. Agent Purple
    09-22-2014 12:00 AM
    Agent Purple
    Just killed Layla every which way possible (took forever to redo the exploding fireplace, because the gas can kept bouncing off the frame). Also cleaned up a few more challenges here and there.

I really need to stop playing, though. This game devours my time to do other things, and that's going to bite me in the ass bad.
  7. Space Cop
    09-21-2014 12:59 PM
    Space Cop
    Well, I got that syringe challenge 3 (after looking up an alternate method online and adapting it a little) last night and did everything for the bar. Next up is the gun shop, but like you, I might put this off since the challenges left are to beat the shooting score with every gun in the shop and to beat 700 with the Silverballers! Ugh.
  8. Agent Purple
    09-20-2014 01:45 PM
    Agent Purple
    I'll have to try that for Sword Play.

As for Rosewood, it's just stealth kills, not throwing. You can walk up to them and attack-kill them with the syringe equipped and it counts.
  9. Space Cop
    09-20-2014 12:53 PM
    Space Cop
    I got Suit Only for the whole game.
    Funny enough, I was mastering Chinatown yesterday too and yes, some not nice words came out when the same thing happened to me (caught while making the third chipmunk kill). I changed my strategy and did the gas pump guy second (by disctracting the guard and clerk with a bottle first) and managed to sneak up behind without throwing the katana. I did the guy who goes downstairs last.
    Now, I'm stuck on the orphanage. Most of them weren't bad, but the third needle challenge (all I have left) is to kill five people by throwing the needle at each and not being discovered, resetting, or doing any other kind of kill in between! I tried for over and hour (probably closer to two) and the annoying part is I could have done it, but somewhere between 4 and 5 I forgot to pick up the syringe and #5 caught me while I went back for it! The secret is not to worry about hiding bodies but also make sure no one seems them hit the floor. I think I have my strategy.
  10. Agent Purple
    09-20-2014 03:03 AM
    Agent Purple
    You don't need to pick up items for mastery of challenges, thank god. I tried to do Sword Play for Hunter & Hunted last night.

Oh god, level three of that challenge: get the katana, get the chipmunk costume, stealth kill all three dudes using katana while disguised as chipmunk. All in one go, no resets to a checkpoint. I pulled off the third kill at the gas pump (had to throw it at him, barely locked target because he kept moving), but it didn't count as the third kill, I guess because I had reset to the checkpoint because I kept getting spotted.

Goddamn it. I'll give it a go again later, when I've knocked out more challenges.

Managed to Suit Only the Shaving Lenny mission. It wasn't as hard as I thought, but killing the last dude was tough (subdued Lenny, dropped him at the front door, then had to stealth KO a bunch of hunting guards and death-throw a screwdriver at the last guy before hauling ass to Lenny and victory). Also mastered Welcome to Hope.