The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Lex Luthor
FLASHCHAT

Conversation Between Lex Luthor and Space Cop
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 75
  1. Lex Luthor
    02-08-2017 12:15 AM
    Lex Luthor
    Yeah, the art of suitmation slowly winding down to a halt does feel sad in alot of ways. I would hate to see it completely go away, but I guess CGI just makes everything easier to achieve ...

With Shin, I really looked hard to see if there might be a closer cinema to me that I could get to, but the closest was a good 2 hour drive, plus I wasn't that familiar with the area either. Also, if I am remembering correctly, things were fairly hectic in my life right around that time as well, and that surely didn't help.

Can't wait to see it though! I've heard some opinions about it, and it seems like people certainly have a varied reaction towards the film.
  2. Space Cop
    02-07-2017 04:44 AM
    Space Cop
    It was tricky getting to see Shin. I stayed on top of it. The fam and I were set to go first night at a theater about an hour away, but one of us was sick, so I returned the tickets and ended up finding a theater only fifteen minutes away playing it that weekend. I won't say any more about it til you see it.

It was actually the first Japanese Godzilla movie I've seen in theater (that I recall). I heard about 2000 and Final Wars, but didn't realize they were out until they were gone (I wasn't as into the kaiju news then). I really wish there was more of an effort to import Japanese movies here and less on Americanizing them.

Rumors are the next Gamera will also go CGI. Sadly, that leaves only Ultraman (which we only seem to get like 10% of here) staying true to the suits.
  3. Lex Luthor
    02-07-2017 04:31 AM
    Lex Luthor
    Thanks. Honestly, I didn't have the opportunity to check out Shin Godzilla when it was made available in theaters for a short time. I am impatiently waiting for it to appear on DVD/Blu ......

With Suitmation, yeah I read that it wasn't used for Shin. I guess you can guess Godzilla: Final Wars not only marked a long hibernation period for Toho Godzilla, but also one that marked the conclusion for suitmation as far as Godzilla movies go.
  4. Space Cop
    02-07-2017 03:48 AM
    Space Cop
    Hope you stick around now. What did you think of Shin Godzilla? I was disappointed that Toho abandoned suitmation, but liked the fresh approach both of the disaster response movie and an evolving Godzilla.
  5. Lex Luthor
    10-05-2013 05:55 PM
    Lex Luthor
    Ok. I thought that might be the case. Yeah, please do track down CLM, and do yourself a favor a buy it. It was actually made by the very same people who did NSA, and in response to 'His Name was Jason' being disappointing to fans. I liked HNWJ as well, but it really does pale in comparison to CLM.

The presentation is similar as well. Spending a good 45 minutes on each sequel in order. They even spend a good 15-25 minutes focusing on the television show, even though it's not really Jason-related. Like NSA, they even go over FvsJ, so all-in-all, there's 12 movies with the reboot that's covered. I couldn't get thru it in one sitting. It's just too much! But I enjoyed spacing it out.

With Godzilla, from what I hear, what we got was a leaked teaser that we wasn't supposed to see. What is coming Nov 3rd is apparently going to be different, and something more up-to-date than the teaser that we saw and which came out in 2012. Atleast that's what I'm hearing ....
  6. Space Cop
    10-05-2013 03:57 PM
    Space Cop
    I guess I am, because it was something I saw years ago (still liked it, though). I'll have to track that down. Thanks.

Looked good. Is that the same one we'll see officially on Nov. 3? Anyway, what you can see of the Big G looks pretty good and not a completely different monster like GiNO.
  7. Lex Luthor
    10-05-2013 03:43 PM
    Lex Luthor
    Oh, and what did you think of the Godzilla teaser?????
  8. Lex Luthor
    10-05-2013 03:42 PM
    Lex Luthor
    SC, you're not confusing CLM with 'His Name was Jason' are you? Now that one was incredibly lackluster in comparison with NSA. It's the one that came out in 2009 to coincide with the release of the remake/reboot.

CLM was just released in September. I thought it was much more of a companion piece to NSA than HNWJ ever could hope to be....
  9. Space Cop
    10-05-2013 02:14 PM
    Space Cop
    Was it? I thought it was the exact opposite. Stange. Maybe it was all the cut stuff on NSA. I watched it on DVD and it had hours of extra. Maybe CLM didn't and that's how I got the impression of it being briefer.

I've actually considered buying both, if I can get them cheap. I can definitely watch them again and it would make my Freddy and Jason collections seem more complete.
  10. Lex Luthor
    10-05-2013 01:06 PM
    Lex Luthor
    SC, you didn't think CLM was as extensive as NSA? I felt they were about what and what on that front. NSA was about four hours, but CLM was about six hours if I am not mistaken. Though they had more to cover, but it also resulted in a longer running time....