The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Hypo
FLASHCHAT

Conversation Between Hypo and Jeff
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 87
  1. Jeff
    01-04-2017 03:00 AM
    Jeff
    2nd tought: The really cool thing about this title, though, is that it shows Victor as a hero in redemption, which is what I've always wanted to see. I've never believed for an instant that he was 100% villain and that there is some element of honorable good in him.
  2. Jeff
    01-04-2017 02:57 AM
    Jeff
    Oh, yeah. Definitely picking it up for the Doom connection. This title is centered on what Victor does right after Secret Wars when he is released from Godhood. I'm not sure what happened to Tony Stark (something in Civil War 2 I think) but Doom has taken over the mantle. I love it so far, but they are bringing back the whole Cynthia Von Doom connection, which has kinda played out, IMO. It would be nice if they concentrated on someone else, like Valeria or Doom's father.
  3. Hypo
    01-03-2017 09:36 PM
    Hypo
    I'm not, I actually stopped reading quite a few Marvel books when Civil War II rolled around and a lot of the new ones they're launching haven't piqued my interest.

I assume you're picking it up due to the Doom connection, thoughts?
  4. Jeff
    01-03-2017 05:27 AM
    Jeff
    Hey, I was curious if you have been reading infamous iron man?
  5. Jeff
    09-13-2016 11:22 PM
    Jeff
    Thank you sir. much comic happiness to you as well.
  6. Hypo
    09-13-2016 11:18 PM
    Hypo
    Happy birthday!
  7. Hypo
    07-14-2016 05:21 AM
    Hypo
    You end up picking any of them up?
  8. Hypo
    06-12-2016 07:02 PM
    Hypo
    So I didn't particularly enjoy Batman: Rebirth #1 because it focused on Duke, a character introduced by Scott Snyder, becoming the new sidekick. That being said I do have high hopes for the new Batman series since it's written by Tom King. King co-wrote Grayson which I think was one of the best books of the New 52 era.

This image
    is the complete list of bat-books + team books with bat-characters with creative teams plus some art. Sorry it's so big lol, I was too lazy to type up all the details and decided to crop together some screenshots which resulted in a giant image.

There's 9 solo books plus 6 team books so 15 books total that will feature bat-characters.

Out of those these books will be shipping twice monthly:

Batman
    Detective Comics
    Nightwing
    Harley Quinn
    Justice League
    Suicide Squad

Oh and Gotham Academy is still going to be around, though it's not getting relaunched for Rebirth.
  9. Jeff
    06-12-2016 12:26 AM
    Jeff
    2 part question: what's your take on Bats rebirth and how many Bat titles are we gonna end up with for now?
  10. Hypo
    06-11-2016 10:39 PM
    Hypo
    Well all the Rebirth one-shots so far have been setups rather than true one-shots but the ones I liked the most:

Green Arrow: Rebirth #1
    DC Universe: Rebirth #1
    The Flash: Rebirth

Though if you're not reading stuff like Saga or Archie I'd say get those first lol.