Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Beast Wars Finals: Optimus Primal (V) Vs. Dinobot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beast Wars Finals: Optimus Primal (V) Vs. Dinobot

Vs.

The Leader of the Maximals takes on an ex-Predacon who once challenged him for leadership, and almost won. If there was a Maximal to challenge Primal, it would be Dinobot. Both share an overwhelming sense of duty and honor, but when push comes to shove, only one is willing to go the extra step to ensure victory.

Setting: Earth jungle terrain

Stipulations: K.O. or submission

(Click pics for links)
    Optimus Primal
    70.00%
    Dinobot
    30.00%

The poll is expired.

sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

What a surprise, only Maximals made it to round two...

Dinobot. Because he's Dinobot.
    MEH

Comment

O.P. is the O.G. leading the N.W.O. 4 LIFE.

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by Gray Lantern View Post
        What a surprise, only Maximals made it to round two...

Dinobot. Because he's Dinobot.
        Yeah well, if I had remembered to vote on my own polls, I would have picked some Preds, but it wouldn't have made a difference. People like the good guys...why I don't know, bad guys are always far more interesting.

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
        O.P. is the O.G. leading the N.W.O. 4 LIFE.
        And that's just Prime, BROTHER!

I actually don't know who would win this one. If I had added the "death" stipulation, I would go for Dinobot for sure, but heroes don't kill so that was out. I can't really see either submitting either. The jungle terrain doesn't really offer an advantage to either, either. Unless there are a bunch of great apes around and OP could hide out in Beast Form and get a surprise attack in.
        sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
          Yeah well, if I had remembered to vote on my own polls, I would have picked some Preds, but it wouldn't have made a difference. People like the good guys...why I don't know, bad guys are always far more interesting.
          They might be more interesting, but these are battles. No matter how interesting they are, the Bad Guys seem to invariably lose battles, without a SERIOUS mismatch in their favor (and sometimes even then).

Comment

Yeah...because if the bad guys won, they'd probably kill the heroes (end of story unless more show up), put the world/situation in a dark place (which I love to see, as it takes another hero to rise up and fix it), or just end the story.

Still, sometimes bias has to be overlooked, like in Battle Polls where the outcome doesn't matter and individuals should be weighed in their own right regardless of being "good" or "evil".
            sigpic

Comment

I'm just pointing out that, aside from any pro-good-guy bias that we here might have, the pro-good-guy bias that the WRITERS have means that in OBJECTIVE terms, the available evidence supports the good guys winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                I'm just pointing out that, aside from any pro-good-guy bias that we here might have, the pro-good-guy bias that the WRITERS have means that in OBJECTIVE terms, the available evidence supports the good guys winning.
                Yeah, that's true, because those damn filthy writers want to keep writing stories and make more money! Damn them!

Although, in one of my favourite books, the "bad guys" won, and that book is pretty famous, although there were no sequels. *hint* it's 1984.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, then, when you post a battle involving "Big Brother" we can take that into account.

Comment

Now that is an interesting idea...

I may lack the fictional knowledge, but what about a Battle, or round of Battles, involving fictional worlds? Like, 1984 Vs. Brave New World, or The Matrix Vs. Dark City, or Bladerunner Vs. Logans Run? Could even delve into video game worlds, cartoon worlds, TV show worlds...

O.k., maybe I have enough fictional knowledge for this to work (and would gladly take suggestions), but would the concept be too much for people?

I might have to find out...

Edit: Hell, Jersey Shore Vs. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo!, or Jerry Springer Vs. Steve Wilkos. This might get out of hand, and if it does, it's partially your fault for stimulating my somewhat intoxicated mind.
                    Maverick_GL
                    Last edited by Maverick_GL; 09-29-2012, 06:46 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

You could have a set of battles where people decide which, of two different fictional worlds, they would rather live in. And then pick all horrible, dystopian visions to make it interesting. (And yeah, I'd say Jerry Springer probably qualifies as a horrible, dystopian vision, even if not entirely fictional. I mean, if you had to LIVE there. )

Comment

This is going to happen. Once all the Transformer stuff is taken care of (Spoiler Alert, winners of the Beast Wars will fight winners of the Machine Wars), this is what I'll do next.

War of the Worlds...You'd Rather Live In. I can only imagine the type of match-ups we'll see
                        sigpic

Comment

You could have separate brackets for horrible, dystopian fictional worlds, and horrible "reality" TV worlds, then pit the winners of each against each other.

"And for the final battle, would you rather live in the world of Jerry Springer, or the world of The Hunger Games?"

"Uhhhh..."

"Well?"

"I'm thinking...."

Comment

Working...
                          X