Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Captain Cold vs Mister Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Cold vs Mister Freeze

One is an enemy of the Flash, the other is an enemy of Batman's. I've always wondered who would win if it came down to it. In the New52 Cold has actual ice powers, Freeze has blue tinted skin and red glasses still but IDK about his powers or equipment. I cant remember what story it was from, but I remember somebody had an enemy who controlled fire or ice in the DCU and went after similarly powered individuals to make their own skills more valuable. Killer Frost never amounted to anything, Icicle is cool at times [where'd THAT pun come from lol] but is also a bit of a joke... Cold and Freeze are really the only two who'd make a decent match up.

So who do you think would win in a battle? Who's generally your favorite? And how bad did DC fuck them up by New52'ing them?

~KL~
    Captain Cold
    12.50%
    Mister Freeze
    75.00%
    Too close to call.... or Frosty the motherfucking Snowman
    12.50%

Mister Freeze. He's more than just an ice-themed villain... he's a Shakespearian tragedy.

Not to mention he's brilliant. Captain Cold's whole schtick is that he's a member of the Rogues. Not to say Cold can't handle himself, but I feel like Freeze works better independently and would come out on top.

Comment

I've no idea what New 52 Captain Cold is like. Prior to the New 52, I'd vote Freeze in a heartbeat, if only because I'm not sure Cold's weapons could even hurt Freeze, whereas the reverse would not be true.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
        Killer Frost never amounted to anything
        While my following of her has been minimal as hell, she was thrown into the sun itself and started killing it with her cold. She's more dangerous than Cold and Freeze put together.

Or was, since this is old continuity.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Frosting the mother-fucking snowman!
          Originally posted by IonFan
          (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
          Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
          Originally posted by Quaker
          I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
            Mister Freeze. He's more than just an ice-themed villain... he's a Shakespearian tragedy.
            Not to mention he's brilliant. Captain Cold's whole schtick is that he's a member of the Rogues. Not to say Cold can't handle himself, but I feel like Freeze works better independently and would come out on top.
            ^This. Freeze has been one of my favorite villains since I was little and saw him on reruns of The Batman show. He still is one of my top 5 favorite baddies.

Can't speak to the new 52. I haven't been reading Flash.

Comment

Working...
            X