Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Idea for the next draft

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if we do the trek one, lets get a lil more detailed in it, ship, ship name, class, and crew.

Comment

• I couldn't care less about the ship class. Even as a Trek fan who has more than passing familiarity with various ship classes, I really don't care which exact one people choose to put their crew on. As far as I'm concerned, this is really all about the crew.

I'd like it if people's team name was the name of their ship, though. And if they want, they could provide a "Five Year Mission" statement for said crew, either humorous or serious, depending on the crew.

Comment

• well ive seen some drafts get into such detail that i thought it would be a good fit.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong. If whoever puts on the draft wants to include ship classes, I'm game. I'm just saying that for my part, that aspect would be something of an afterthought. If we DO do that, I'd be inclined to allow duplication, though. Sure there are TONS of ship classes out there, but if we couldn't duplicate, the well-known "cool" ones would probably go fast, leaving the latecomers to end up going, "Uh...Miranda class, I guess. Or maybe Oberth? Whatever."

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
            Yeah, I'm definitely down for a Star Trek draft. The idea was to form a crew from other fictional characters, correct?
            Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Correct. I forget the specifics of what was excluded, but I think you weren't supposed to pick any of the existing crew members from any of the shows? Or maybe it was just not people that had served on the Enterprise?
            Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
            Yeah, I thought the fun of the idea was picking fictional character not in the Star Trek universe to be part of a Star Trek crew.
            I had said people who hadn't served on the Enterprise in any universe or people who hadn't served in Starfleet in any universe, so that if someone wanted to draft a crew of villains, they'd be allowed to. They can come in knowing that might lose them votes, just like putting Booster Gold in my Flash comic loses West's vote.

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
            if we do the trek one, lets get a lil more detailed in it, ship, ship name, class, and crew.
            Originally posted by Robinson View Post
            well ive seen some drafts get into such detail that i thought it would be a good fit.
            Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Don't get me wrong. If whoever puts on the draft wants to include ship classes, I'm game. I'm just saying that for my part, that aspect would be something of an afterthought. If we DO do that, I'd be inclined to allow duplication, though. Sure there are TONS of ship classes out there, but if we couldn't duplicate, the well-known "cool" ones would probably go fast, leaving the latecomers to end up going, "Uh...Miranda class, I guess. Or maybe Oberth? Whatever."
            I definitely considered this, allowing you to pick a class or even just a ship (from all of fiction) and 100% if I do, You will DEFINITELY be allowed to duplicate, because I can only think of like 5 fictional ships that I'd be willing to draft and it's not fun if someone's just got to pick up the table scraps because they didn't pick their ship right away.
            [center]

Originally posted by W.West
            DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

• Does it have to be a fictional character?
              Originally posted by IonFan
              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
              Originally posted by Quaker
              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
                  I definitely considered this, allowing you to pick a class or even just a ship (from all of fiction) and 100% if I do, You will DEFINITELY be allowed to duplicate, because I can only think of like 5 fictional ships that I'd be willing to draft and it's not fun if someone's just got to pick up the table scraps because they didn't pick their ship right away.
                  Hmm... didn't even think about picking a ship from other fiction. I can definitely see that being an asset for certain themes. I'd prefer that picking an actual, specific ship was optional, something you could add on if you thought it helped your theme.

Though I still think, specific ship or not, that everybody should have to pick a "U.S.S. Whatever"-type name for their crew.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                    Yes.
                    Dam!

Bbbbbut, whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy?
                    Originally posted by IonFan
                    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                    Originally posted by Quaker
                    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• I agree with Ed. Ships should be optional while their names shouldn't.

Comment

• So we doing the damn thing with the Star Trek draft? My body is ready...

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Question about the Star Trek draft, can the fictional character be dead? Not like Nekron dead, but his last appearance was his death dead.

Comment

• lol Just realized I asked that already.

Comment

• Team set. Lets get this show on the road!

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                Team set. Lets get this show on the road!
                                Is Kuhan running this thing or what? You might have to take over.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X