Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Idea for the next draft

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
    All this talk of NSYNC in the TV Thread makes me want to do a 'make a boyband or girl group with comic characters'

Dibs on Dazzler!!

Comment

• Ugh. I'd end up picking characters I didn't like, since I couldn't stomach putting characters I DID like into such a thing. And I haven't a CLUE how I'd vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
        Dibs on Dazzler!!
        I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Admittedly, it would be a young peoples draft.

Comment

• Not neccesarily. We could always add other genres. We could make it to include rock bands as well.
            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• I'd probably build a version of Menudo around Vibe.

Comment

• That would be awesome. Also you wouldn't have to pick characters to be part of a band that exists in the real world. You can if you want to but you could also just pick characters you think would be good in a band together.

Comment

Not neccesarily. We could always add other genres. We could make it to include rock bands as well.

That could be fun. Like another Create a Band draft? I think this would be the third installment...

Comment

• I never looked in on the create a band ones. Did that use comic book characters or real people?

Comment

I never looked in on the create a band ones. Did that use comic book characters or real people?

I think one used exclusively real life musicians while the other used exclusively fictional characters.

Comment

I never looked in on the create a band ones. Did that use comic book characters or real people?
                        There were 3: Fictional Characters, Living People, Dead People
                        [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                        DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

That would be awesome. Also you wouldn't have to pick characters to be part of a band that exists in the real world. You can if you want to but you could also just pick characters you think would be good in a band together.
                          In trying to come up with a band name that was similar to Menudo, yet conveyed my feelings about such a band, made up of characters that I dislike, I discovered that the Spanish word for "annoying" is.... Molesto.

Just imagine a boy band named Molesto. That'd go over really well, don't you think?

Comment

• Id vote for it even if it was against my team

Comment

• Of course, now that I've revealed my "plan", it won't work. Somebody would take Vibe just to spite me. I dunno. Maybe I could still find enough annoying younger heros to make Molesto a reality...

The real question is, could I go for a double theme, and pick annoying characters that were all Latino, too? How many members does a typical Boy Band have? And would doing THAT make me look racist? Questions, questions...
                              Mister Ed
                              Horse of a Different Color
                              Last edited by Mister Ed; 08-26-2013, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• I always want to draft Vibe in every draft. He's the best.
                                [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                                DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X