Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Idea for the next draft

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'll run a Villain Draft when more people than just Fearless and I are in


    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      Nobody on keyboards?
      Could be added in a lightning round



      Have we ever done a Mythical Creatures draft?
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
        Have we ever done a Mythical Creatures draft?
        I don't remember one. The creatures would have to be from the established myths of various cultures, I assume, not just fictional creatures?

        Comment


        • I would prefer if it was just fictional creatures.

          Comment


          • Would there be enough to pick from just fictional characters?


            Also how about a gods and goddesses draft? You know Roman, Greek, Egyptian, etc.
            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by W.West View Post
              I would prefer if it was just fictional creatures.
              Which would include mythical creatures as a subset, I guess, but widen the pool. Sounds OK, but it might weaken the flavor that A-Train was shooting for, having a Chimera or Sphinx alongside a Pushmepullyou. Only he knows.

              Comment


              • Mythical Creatures Draft? Probably the single worst idea for a draft on this forum yet.

                I think a film/TV draft is a good idea, they tend to be more fun.
                Originally posted by IonFan
                (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                Originally posted by Quaker
                I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                  Mythical Creatures Draft? Probably the single worst idea for a draft on this forum yet.
                  I dunno. I think my GL Merchandise draft idea was pretty bad. And if we looked over all the suggestions, we could probably SPY something else worse.

                  Comment


                  • I still think mythical creatures is bad. And I really liked the GL merchandise idea.
                    Originally posted by IonFan
                    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                    Originally posted by Quaker
                    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

                    Comment


                    • Guys, we can do more than one draft at a time, I can run a Villain draft and A-Train can run a Mythological creatures Draft if he so chooses etc


                      Comment


                      • Sounds reasonable.

                        Comment


                        • I view this thread mainly as the place for people, like me, who are too lazy to actually run a draft, pitch ideas for those willing to put in the effort. If you are actually willing to run the draft yourself, you may as well just start trying to sign people up. Worst that will happen is not enough people will sign up to make it worthwhile.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                            Mythical Creatures Draft? Probably the single worst idea for a draft on this forum yet except for all the ones I come up with

                            I think a film/TV draft is a good idea, they tend to be more fun.
                            Fixed.


                            Here's a novel idea youngling. If you don't like the draft idea you could easily just not participate in it. Now I am not one to be soft skinned about things like this but maybe you should stop insulting or belittling every draft idea that isn't yours. No one is stopping you from creating your very own "Non-animated, because they are too childish, dark, gritty, Dr. Bond, violence filled, directed by Nolan Draft"
                            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                              Fixed.


                              Here's a novel idea youngling. If you don't like the draft idea you could easily just not participate in it. Now I am not one to be soft skinned about things like this but maybe you should stop insulting or belittling every draft idea that isn't yours. No one is stopping you from creating your very own "Non-animated, because they are too childish, dark, gritty, Dr. Bond, violence filled, directed by Nolan Draft"
                              You forgot "with Idris Elba".

                              Hey! There's an idea! We can have a draft where people draft roles for Idris Elba to play! Either ones he's already done, or ones you think he'd be perfect for.

                              On the plus side, by suggesting that, I now have ended any argument about what the worst draft proposal here is.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post

                                Hey! There's an idea! We can have a draft where people draft roles for Idris Elba to play! Either ones he's already done, or ones you think he'd be perfect for.
                                I'm so for this, only they can't be roles he's already been in. That'd be too lazy.

                                Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                                No one is stopping you from creating your very own "Non-animated, because they are too childish, dark, gritty, Dr. Bond, violence filled, directed by Nolan Draft"


                                Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X