"Wizard of Oz" Targeted for Remake/Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate this movie but i still think hollywood suck for there remakes
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
      i hate this movie but i still think hollywood suck for there remakes
      How do you hate the Wizard of Oz?

Comment

I think it could be interesting if done right.

Comment

You know what? Fuck all of you who complain about the lack of creativity in Hollywood.

The Wizard of Oz was originally a book and was written ONE HUNDRED AND TEN YEARS AGO. They're not raping YOUR childhood just because you liked the movie from 1939... if anybody has a legitimate complaint it's your great great grandparents.

The Wizard of Oz has been remade and redone and re-invisioned in Comic Books, Movies, TV Mini-Series, Broadway Musicals... hell even Michael Jackson did a version of it.

It's not "raping your childhood" or "ruining the original" by trying to remake it.

The great stories throughout history have been remade and remade and remade again for each successive generation.

Comment

too bad they are not always good......
            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
              too bad they are not always good......
              Such is life.

You never hear anybody praising Hollywood for taking movies like Oceans 11 or The Thomas Crown Affair and remaking them into entertaining movies.

How about all the Shakespeare adaptations that have been entertaining over the years? Anybody give Hollywood credit for having the balls to remake those?

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                This is a FAIL waiting to happen.

"Leave the Wizard of Oz alone! You're lucky they still replay the original for you BASTARDS!"

I'll be interested in seeing what they make of it. My wifes a big fan of anything Oz related. And did I mention C.C there went to school with my wife here in east TN? I think in the Wizard of Oz play she was a part of [she played a munchkin even though she's almost 6 foot tall] C.C. actually played the Scarecrow. I could be remembering it wrong but....

He's also the guy people love to hate at this gay bar my wife goes to with some gay friends called New Beginnings. To think he almost got his own show!

~KL~

Comment

OH and incidentally...

Green Lantern was exactly the kind of thing people are bitching about. \

Alan Scott WAS The Green Lantern until Julie Schwartz said "Hey fuck this old shit... let's come up with an entirely new look, identity and story."

Then Hal Jordan was shelved to make way for that After School Special Kyle Rayner.

Comment

I would love to see them adapt any of the other 39 books in the OZ canon. I read all as a child and young adult. They were written from 1899 through 1963. First by L Frank Baum, then Ruth Plumly Thompson, then John R. Neill, then Jack Snow, Rachel Cosgrove and finally Eloise McGraw and Lauren McGraw!

Comment

Aww, the new comics are enough.

The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by metalliccorps View Post
                        How do you hate the Wizard of Oz?

i just do. its not my kind of film know what i mean?
                        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                          i just do. its not my kind of film know what i mean?
                          Not really. I don't think I've ever met anyone that hasn't watched that film as a kid and enjoyed it.

Comment

Probably not enough explosions and ass kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by metalliccorps View Post
                              Not really. I don't think I've ever met anyone that hasn't watched that film as a kid and enjoyed it.
                              I've met them before. They're soulless.
                              The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

If I got a vote (which I don't) I'd be in favor of anything that was closer in tone to the original books. I've read all the ones written by Baum, and found them to be fun, entertaining, children's fare.

I personally have little patience for the notion of taking light children's fare and making it "darker". I feel there is plenty of literature AIMED at adults that is sufficiently dark, much of which I have enjoyed, without feeling the need to take something aimed at kids and twist it into something totally other. To be frank, I feel the same way about things that were intended for adults, then "toned down" to turn them into kiddie fare, even if I wouldn't have enjoyed the "adult" version. I guess I'm all for at least attempting to respect the original creator's vision (tonally, at least. I'm used to things like Shakespeare being modernized, but when they take a tragedy and re-cast it as a comedy, or even just remove the tragic element, that annoys me. If you are making something based on Romeo and Juliet, the lovers really NEED to die at the end, IMHO.)

But that's just me. Obviously plenty of people are more concerned about how to change things to make them more entertaining for THEM. And I can't really say that's WRONG, per se. I'm sure I'm pretty guilty of this in many cases. It mostly just bugs me when it happens to things that are ADAPTED from something already established.

Comment

Working...
                                X