No announcement yet.

"Wizard of Oz" Targeted for Remake/Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Naysay, it's not that big of a deal... don't take it so personal, it scares us.

Comment

Anybody see the O.Z. on the Syfi channel? That was a pretty outlandish take, but some elements were cool. Like the flying monkeys coming from a strange tattoo around the wicked witch's collar, the cowerdly lion being part of some telepathic race of beast creatures, etc....

And didn't they do a Syfi movie or series revolving around a new take on the Tin Man, where he was some sort of lawman in Oz?

~KL~

Comment

A movie I would like to see remade is "Metropolis".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(film)

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
          Anybody see the O.Z. on the Syfi channel? That was a pretty outlandish take, but some elements were cool. Like the flying monkeys coming from a strange tattoo around the wicked witch's collar, the cowerdly lion being part of some telepathic race of beast creatures, etc....

And didn't they do a Syfi movie or series revolving around a new take on the Tin Man, where he was some sort of lawman in Oz?

~KL~
          Yep, that was all in the same story, called "Tin Man". It wasn't an Oscar winner, but I liked it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post

~KL~

I gotta admit, I kinda dug that series. It was cool.

Comment

I say thee nay mortals!

Comment

I half expect a Wizard Of Oz remake to be done by Tim Burton. Can't you picture it? Danny Elfman doing the score. Burton's wife would play Glenda the good witch. Christopher Lee would play the wizard. Johnny Depp would play the Scarecrow.

This isn't what I would do, just what I picture Hollywoood doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Itty View Post
                  Damn Naysay, it's not that big of a deal... don't take it so personal, it scares us.
                  I get a kick out of his tirades and rants. I can almost envision him foaming at the mouth with his eyes bulging as he types.

Comment

The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Let's try this again.

Comment

...OK.

...NO!

Comment

YES!!! But steam-punk style!

Comment

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                            ...OK.

...NO!
                            YES!

Comment

It's a classic, leave it as a classic

Originally posted by Plastroncafe
                              Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

Comment

+ YouTube Video

Comment

Working...
                                X