Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I found two bags of weed in the van I rented from Enterprise....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    lanternut
    Alpha-Lantern

• lanternut
    replied
    We had a local story where a car dealer's repair shop found $35,000 worth of marijuana in a gas tank, after the new owner complained about this terrible gas mileage. Turns out it was originally an Enterprise car rental.

Maybe it's how Enterprise is trying to survive these hard economic times by selling a little on the side...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5620133

Leave a comment:

• Lantern Murdock 2814
    Green Lantern

• Lantern Murdock 2814
    replied
    Give it to some one with cancer. Weed is used as a pain killer for someone in chemo. Plus if you dont smoke don't bash us that do. I hold down a great job take care of my kids and I am in a great relationship. Those who bash pot smokers just because they don't agree with it are just as bad as the ones they like to use as examples. I don't drink at all, but I don't run around bashing those that do.

Leave a comment:

• Mister Ed
    Horse of a Different Color

• Mister Ed
    replied
    Originally posted by comicsarebetterwithweed View Post
    Yeah being more social and more active are terrible things that no one should do.
    So you completely missed the point. The article was trying to point out that you CAN'T say that those result from smoking pot. It was MOCKING the kind of reasoning that would draw that conclusion when applied in the opposite direction. Yup, reading comprehension is definitely suffering. I suppose you simply skimmed over these quotes?

"Might marijuana actually be good for teens? The answer is almost certainly no"

or how about this?

"It's worth noting here that there are good reasons to urge teens not to smoke marijuana. Some things, like psychoactive drugs, are simply best handled after one has acquired a bit of experience and maturity. Second, there are still unanswered questions about marijuana's effect on developing brains. Given that the brain uses marijuanalike chemicals as part of its natural communication system, pouring in large amounts of similar compounds while that neural circuitry is still developing seems needlessly risky until more is known."

Since you missed it, here is the most important quote from the article- representing what it is actually ABOUT:

"But these associations, as researchers call them, do not prove cause and effect. Just because A and B happen together tells nothing about whether A causes B, B causes A, or some third factor causes both A and B."

It was a critique of the reasoning used to support various claims about marijuana use, and it was using the correlation you quoted as an EXAMPLE of how that reasoning is FAULTY.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Castle
    Guardian of the Universe

• Bruce Castle
    replied
    Originally posted by myuserid View Post
    Man, there are a lot of stoners on this board.

Possible explanation for the terrible spelling and nonsensical sentences.
    Get with the times, old man.

Leave a comment:

• comicsarebetterwithweed
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    If you seriously read that and came away with the impression that it was saying it was good for you to smoke pot (especially if you are younger) then I submit that perhaps your reading comprehension skills have been adversely affected by...something....
    Yeah being more social and more active are terrible things that no one should do.

Leave a comment:

• IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    good for you Dr. N (but to be real with you i don't care what you do with them have "fun" with it or don't it's all the same to me. nor do i even know the full story, cause you know the "list" and all, i'm just here for the +1 )

Leave a comment:

• Mister Ed
    Horse of a Different Color

• Mister Ed
    replied
    Originally posted by comicsarebetterwithweed View Post
    If you seriously read that and came away with the impression that it was saying it was good for you to smoke pot (especially if you are younger) then I submit that perhaps your reading comprehension skills have been adversely affected by...something....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Long story short its good for you

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/67461/...ood_for_teens/

Leave a comment:

• The_Mad_Dragon
    Captain Pervert

• The_Mad_Dragon
    replied
    Cannabis use has been assessed by several studies to be correlated with the development of anxiety, psychosis, and depression.[68][69] Indeed, a 2007 meta-analysis estimated that cannabis use is statistically associated, in a dose-dependent manner, to an increased risk in the development of psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia.[70] No causal mechanism has been proven, however, and the meaning of the correlation and its direction is a subject of debate that has not been resolved in the scientific community. Some studies assess that the causality is more likely to involve a path from cannabis use to psychotic symptoms rather than a path from psychotic symptoms to cannabis use,[71] while other studies assess the opposite direction of the causality, or hold cannabis to only form parts of a "causal constellation", while not inflicting mental health problems that would not have occurred in the absence of the cannabis use.
    Hmmmmm.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by The_Mad_Dragon View Post
    That, and that crap rots your brain.
    Links??? If it rots your brain I should be brain dead but guess what I'm not.

Leave a comment:

• The_Mad_Dragon
    Captain Pervert

• The_Mad_Dragon
    replied
    That, and that crap rots your brain.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Lotus
    Sinestro's Sparring Partner

• Blue Lotus
    replied
    supposed he does smoke it or his friends , then they go into work and get surprised drug tested ?( it happened at my work and a girl was caught with it in her system,that was 11 months ago and she is still looking for a job)

then what...dont know what state you live in, but that would follow them that they were fired because they had drugs in their system. no unemployment, no new job, etc...

you want to smoke it...go for it...and im going to shut up now , do what ever you want...

cant talk to those who wont listen....
    Blue Lotus
    Last edited by Blue Lotus; 03-18-2010, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Blue Lotus View Post
    thank you....no matter what the size...dime bag ..lid ...kelo...whatever...

GET RID OF IT
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• Blue Lotus

• Blue Lotus
    replied
    Originally posted by myuserid View Post

thank you....no matter what the size...dime bag ..lid ...kelo...whatever...

GET RID OF IT

Leave a comment:

• myuserid
    Lantern Hex

• myuserid
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X