No announcement yet.

The Doctor Who Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry about the big picture. I'll fix it when I get home tonight.
    Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

• I liked the episode (especially the Doctor and Davros laughing together), but

[Spoilers]

I was not thrilled with the new ability of the TARDIS to disassemble and reassemble (how many spots could that have saved him from before!?!) and even less so with the Doctor's spontaneous ability to share regeneration energy. Ten said he could only use regen power for the first day of a new body and that was strictly to repair himself. How many companions or one-off victims could he have saved with this trick? Bad move.

Comment

• So my question is how many regenerations does the Doctor have left now?

And while I don't like that the Master is a woman I do like the character of "Missy"

Comment

• What did everyone think of the latest episode? I really liked it. I thought the index cards were a nice touch. I am liking the episodes being two parters. It gives time for a better story.

Comment

• I liked it. The ghosts looked really cool and I really enjoy how it has a classic Who feel to it. With the usual running time, the background characters tend to be props. This was a great break from the norm. They've done episodes vaguely like this in the past, but they weren't done as well. I look forward to seeing where this winds up.
            MEH

Comment

• It started very formulaic. Unknown characters at a remote facility cut off from the outside world stumble upon an unknown threat. Credits. The TARDIS lands right then and there. The Doctor meets the characters and gets dragged into their mess. This could have been Waters of Mars, that submarine episode with the Ice Warrior, the Hotel with the faith based monster or any of the countless episodes exactly like that.

And yet very slowly, this episode built atmosphere from there, ending in a double whammy of a cliffhanger. I can't wait how it continues next week.

I just haven't warmed up to the Sonic Sunglasses yet. And I don't know if I ever will.

Comment

• word is jenna coleman isnt the only one leaving. its being said capaldi is also
                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• I liked this more than the Davros eps (so far).

I hope he goes back to a screwdriver.

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                    word is jenna coleman isnt the only one leaving. its being said capaldi is also
                    Well if he is I can't say that I blame him. I would like to see how he would do if Moffat was gone. I think he could be a brilliant Doctor if someone else ran the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
                      Well if he is I can't say that I blame him. I would like to see how he would do if Moffat was gone. I think he could be a brilliant Doctor if someone else ran the show.
                      a lot of people are saying that about mofatt. maybe im a newb but i dont get the hate for the guy
                      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• So has anyone heard the news that they are looking for a new show runner? Yes that's right Moffat is finally leaving. I hope Capaldi stays past Moffat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
                          So has anyone heard the news that they are looking for a new show runner? Yes that's right Moffat is finally leaving. I hope Capaldi stays past Moffat.
                          Hadn't heard it. I wouldn't mind the change of pace. I'm not particularly attached to Capaldi. I like the accent, but he seems a cold and often mean doctor. But even if he stays, undoubtedly his story would be affected.

On an unrelated note, I saw for the first time this week "The Creature from the Pit" and its obscene title monster. Apparently, episode one was airing the day I was born.

Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 01-09-2016, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• If only RTD would return, my life would be complete. I agree that Capaldi portrays a somewhat cold and distant Doctor, unlike his last two predecessors, both of which I adored.

Re: Creature from the pit- why am I not remembering this episode? I thought I had the complete run of Baker on DVD. Guess it's time to go Doctor shopping again.....

Comment

• IMO Capaldi is fantastic, a nice contrast to the other Doctors. If I didn't grow up with Tennant and become attached to him that, way, Capaldi would probably be my favourite Doctor.
                              Originally posted by IonFan
                              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                              Originally posted by Quaker
                              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-05 View Post
                                Re: Creature from the pit- why am I not remembering this episode? I thought I had the complete run of Baker on DVD. Guess it's time to go Doctor shopping again.....
                                Well, it's a pretty low-rated episode by the fans, but (aside from the phallic monster) it wasn't too bad. It was the first story filmed with Lalla Ward as the Romana (II), but it was the second actually aired.

Comment

Working...
                                X