• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    d3v1lb0y
    Red Lantern Black Ops

• d3v1lb0y
    replied
    I have friends that have been glued to BBC this weekend, since there's a Dr.Who marathon.

I still can't get into it.

via Motorola RAZR XT910

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Naysay
    Guardian of the Universe

• Dr. Naysay
    replied
    Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
    Depends whether you're speaking from a real world perspective or an in-universe perspective.
    Whatever. Nothing in any given Dr. Who episode should be expected to make sense when compared to any other Dr. Who episode. It's not Science Fiction. It's complete Fantasy wrapped in the dressings of Tech Futurism.

Don't get me wrong... I love it.... but it makes no sense and is completely and utterly inconsistent.

Leave a comment:

• Deadpool
    Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

• Deadpool
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    The word "Technically" doesn't belong in any conversation regarding Dr. Who.
    Depends whether you're speaking from a real world perspective or an in-universe perspective.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Naysay
    Guardian of the Universe

• Dr. Naysay
    replied
    Oh right, sorry.

Technically speaking yeah, if the doctor can essentially bring back Gallifrey, one would think it possible to save the Ponds.
    The word "Technically" doesn't belong in any conversation regarding Dr. Who.

Leave a comment:

• Deadpool

• Deadpool
    replied
    No I'm merely pointing out that there are plenty of other completely ludicrous things happening in Dr. Who an to have an argument over the logistics of Sonic Screwdriver/TARDIS interfacing abilities is to somewhat completely miss the point of the entire episode.
    Oh right, sorry.

Technically speaking yeah, if the doctor can essentially bring back Gallifrey, one would think it possible to save the Ponds.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Heide
    Heide Finition

• Michael Heide
    replied
    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    This is a Doctor Who discussion thread on a comic book-centered message board. Are you really surprised to find nerds?
    No I'm merely pointing out that there are plenty of other completely ludicrous things happening in Dr. Who an to have an argument over the logistics of Sonic Screwdriver/TARDIS interfacing abilities is to somewhat completely miss the point of the entire episode.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Jesus Christ you guys are fucking nerds.

This is a Doctor Who discussion thread on a comic book-centered message board. Are you really surprised to find nerds?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Heide
    Heide Finition

• Michael Heide
    replied
    I agree.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Naysay
    Guardian of the Universe

• Dr. Naysay
    replied
    Because the Universe is sick of them. Besides, do you really want another bloody series with them?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Heide
    Heide Finition

• Michael Heide
    replied
    Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
    Actually what Rose said was that it's the same Screwdriver with a new casing, but the software is the same.
    Yes. Because it had a backup on the TARDIS.

Leave a comment:

• Deadpool

• Deadpool
    replied

IF THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY DONE TO GALLIFREY WHY CANT THEY SAVE RORY AND AMY???
    Because the Universe is sick of them. Besides, do you really want another bloody series with them?

Leave a comment:

• SocializingMogo
    Corps Honor Guard

• SocializingMogo
    replied
    Originally posted by chivalrous View Post
    The point was made several times in that scene that it was the same SOFTWARE rather than the same hardware, silently acknowledging that the screwdriver has been broken. It's entirely possible that the information was properly backed up elsewhere (TARDIS console?) and each time a new screwdriver is built, the backup is downloaded onto the new one.
    Actually what Rose said was that it's the same Screwdriver with a new casing, but the software is the same.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Naysay
    Guardian of the Universe

• Dr. Naysay
    replied

IF THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY DONE TO GALLIFREY WHY CANT THEY SAVE RORY AND AMY???

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
    Yes. But the new screwdriver grew out of the TARDIS. Which hints at some sort of symbiotic relation between them. Perhaps the screwdriver was just the interface, but the actual computing was done in a cloud, hidden somewhere in the TARDIS OS? They did say that it's the same software.
    Originally posted by chivalrous View Post
    The point was made several times in that scene that it was the same SOFTWARE rather than the same hardware, silently acknowledging that the screwdriver has been broken. . .
    That's how I took it. It was a sub-routine running on backed up software. Heck, of all the things the sonic screwdriver has been silently upgraded to do, this is probably the least hard jump to make.

Leave a comment:

• chivalrous
    Corps Honor Guard

• chivalrous
    replied
    Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
    It was entertaining but the plot fell completely apart as soon as I remembered that the Sonic Screwdriver was twice destroied under Moffats writing (actually in his first episode!). It was also destroyed several times in classic Doctor Who.
    The point was made several times in that scene that it was the same SOFTWARE rather than the same hardware, silently acknowledging that the screwdriver has been broken. It's entirely possible that the information was properly backed up elsewhere (TARDIS console?) and each time a new screwdriver is built, the backup is downloaded onto the new one.

Nice to see someone in sci-fi has a proper data management policy in place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X