The Doctor Who Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gray Lantern View Post
    ...3. Moffat didn't write the Doctor's Wife, Neil Gaiman did. If you hated that episode, than there are quite a few possibilities. a) You're too immature to appreciate it. b) You're an idiot. c) You have hopelessly poor taste...
    I'm not sure how I feel about "The Doctor's Wife," actually. I love Neil Gaiman's writing and I was really looking forward to it but at the time I felt kind of let down. Maybe a repeated viewing would help, I don't know. I'm not saying it's bad but I have heard of other fans and even people who like Gaiman who didn't particularly like that story.

Comment

• I hated the Doctors wife, I can't stress that enough.
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Yo.

correct me if Im wrong, but as of the most recent eps: did the Doctor just cause the death of a celestial being, which (due to it being a gravity well AND the source of light & heat for that star system) means he also killed the residents of the planets that were in orbit around it??

plz correct me if I missed something here, cuz Im hoping I did really..........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• I'm thinking he killed the parasite inside left the sun alone.

If not, instant new fav Doctor.
          Originally posted by fearless2814.1
          ...You're a chore, you know that? You are a chore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
            Yo.

correct me if Im wrong, but as of the most recent eps: did the Doctor just cause the death of a celestial being, which (due to it being a gravity well AND the source of light & heat for that star system) means he also killed the residents of the planets that were in orbit around it??

Tazer
            I really couldn't tell. That episode was confusing as hell.
            So Claire's mother is a future Doctor? At least the episode seemed to imply that. This would also explain why she's reborn all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
              Yo.

Tazer
              I don't know, the writing on that episode was appalling. Last series, there was too many chapters and things with on going arcs, now this season by Moffat trying to make up for his awful last series, none of the episodes have enough time to explain the plot properly or be very exciting. Now it's all too quick. Like Asylum of the Daleks, could have made a great two or even three parter or in the classic series a great serial, but now, a brilliant concept wasted on one episode which was more about Clara than the daleks. That's Moffat for you, he either goes too fast or too slow, there is no in-between for him.
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

• Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                I really couldn't tell. That episode was confusing as hell.
                If I understood all the thin and vague inferences, the sun monster was kept dormant by a lullaby (probably some weird harmonics thing) or the emotional energy generated by the cultural and empathetic response to the songs (basically a snack between meals).

The leaf ultimately killed the monster because the psychic memories (i.e. the psychometric imprint created by the leaf being in close proximity to Clara and her parents at emotional times) weren't all actual memories, some of them were daydreams and imaginings of what could have happened. Whatever the difference is between actual memories and imagined is like us eating something we can digest (bread) and something we can't (mercury) we can swallow both, but one will kill us.

Of course that leaf explanation is complete rubbish because the Queen of years learns ancient stories, rather than remembering experiences, so the stories she learns would be as poisonous to the sun monster as the the daydreams absorbed by the leaf.

Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                So Claire's mother is a future Doctor? At least the episode seemed to imply that.
                You're going to need to explain how you came to that conclusion I didn't get that from anything!

I'm thinking that the Great Intelligence is somehow influencing events and selectively breeding humans so that at various points in time a genetic twin of Clara is born. Maybe he/it's still looking for a suitable host body.
                We've seen it happen spontaneously before - Look at Gwen Cooper and Gwyneth, the Maid who showed up in 9's Charles Dickens/Ghosts episode "The Unquiet Dead"

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                Yo.

Tazer
                yep, looked like it.

Originally posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
                I'm thinking he killed the parasite inside left the sun alone.

If not, instant new fav Doctor.
                But the whole sun imploded and disappeared. I got the impression that the whole thing was the monster, it wasn't just a parasite living in it - I'll watch again though. I was too distrracted thinking about the psychmetry worked
                chivalrous
                Corps Honor Guard
                Last edited by chivalrous; 04-08-2013, 11:18 AM.
                Minimum space distance:
                a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot
                ----------------------------------------------------------

Stormageddon added by Kuhan

Comment

• Still piss poor writing though.

No me neither, a complete random one there.

Good point, why the fuck doesn't the doctor remember that and realise the Clara thing is the same. If doctor who was real he'd probably remember that, but it's probably fucking Moffat that's forgotten. The sooner he's gone the fucking better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                    Good point, why the fuck doesn't the doctor remember that and realise the Clara thing is the same. If doctor who was real he'd probably remember that, but it's probably fucking Moffat that's forgotten. The sooner he's gone the fucking better.
                    There are loads of possible explanations though, you only have to go to your nearest 'who/what is Clara Oswald' forum thread to see just how many there are - I think I'm up to three separate ideas just on this forum. So while my [most recent] theory is possible and probable, it doesn't automatically make it the right one.
                    Would be nice to see it explored though
                    Minimum space distance:
                    a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot

Comment

• Originally posted by chivalrous View Post
                      You're going to need to explain how you came to that conclusion I didn't get that from anything!

I'm thinking that the Great Intelligence is somehow influencing events and selectively breeding humans so that at various points in time a genetic twin of Clara is born. Maybe he/it's still looking for a suitable host body.
                      We've seen it happen spontaneously before - Look at Gwen Cooper and Gwyneth, the Maid who showed up in 9's Charles Dickens/Ghosts episode "The Unquiet Dead"
                      Well I got the impression during the flashbacks. Like the 101 places to go book. I though they were going somewhere with this beyond this episode.
                      Then the way Claras mother knowingly looked at her with the book. I donno. I though this was a River Song moment.

And the Gwyneth / Gwen connection was just utter bullshit IMHO. They cast the actress again because the producers liked her and then made up some connection where none was necessary. Some crappy klingon augment virus moment.

Comment

• I think the episode started off good and then quickly lost all cohesion. Did anyone else notice that the TARDIS didn't translate the barking alien for Clara? I did like the shout out to Susan though. I thought that flying through space with no helmet was odd and at the end the Doctor just stands in font of a plant sized alien trying to what scare it. Over all it wasn't a very good episode. But enough of that I found this.

Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

• sorry double post
                          Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
                            Did anyone else notice that the TARDIS didn't translate the barking alien for Clara?
                            Did you also happen to notice that the Tardis refused Clara entry? The Tardis clearly doesn't like Clara for whatever reason. Clara is clearly not a normal human, she is being resurrected throughout time for some reason.

It'sn't the first time the Tardis has denied entry to a irregular Companion, remember Jack Harkness after Rose resurrected him the Tardis went to the end of time trying to get rid of him.
                            Originally posted by fearless2814.1
                            ...You're a chore, you know that? You are a chore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
                              Did you also happen to notice that the Tardis refused Clara entry? The Tardis clearly doesn't like Clara for whatever reason. Clara is clearly not a normal human, she is being resurrected throughout time for some reason.

It'sn't the first time the Tardis has denied entry to a irregular Companion, remember Jack Harkness after Rose resurrected him the Tardis went to the end of time trying to get rid of him.
                              Yeah. Although I think they should go back to needing a key.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
                                But enough of that I found this.

Yeah, most likely the Doctor clone and Rose are making a trip back from the parallel dimension
                                Minimum space distance:
                                a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot

Comment

Working...
                                X