Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was a shooting right down the street from my work today. A lot of gunshots, apparently from a location I had just walked by a minute or so earlier on my lunchtime walk. Freaky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      There was a shooting right down the street from my work today. A lot of gunshots, apparently from a location I had just walked by a minute or so earlier on my lunchtime walk. Freaky.
      Do you still have police? I heard your state wants to abolish
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        Do you still have police? I heard your state wants to abolish
        We've got police. A few whackos want to abolish, but they are in the minority, and the state and local government have no intention of doing so. They are having difficulty with retention, though.

Plenty of cops showed up for this shooting, in short order, so they aren't exactly crippled.

Comment

We've got police. A few whackos want to abolish, but they are in the minority, and the state and local government have no intention of doing so. They are having difficulty with retention, though.

Plenty of cops showed up for this shooting, in short order, so they aren't exactly crippled.
          Oh ok

Comment

• Staples are all out! Hallaluja . It was great taking a 30 minute shower

Comment

• I turned 46 today....where did all the time go?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                I turned 46 today....where did all the time go?
                Happy birthday. Ill be 37 this December._._._. Already going through a midlife crisis

Comment

Happy birthday. Ill be 37 this December._._._. Already going through a midlife crisis

Thanks, man.

Don't take your mid life crisis too seriously. There is a definite light at the end of the tunnel with those. Been there, done that, sent the postcard.

Comment

• Guess I'm going to live longer than you guys. I just turned 49, and haven't had a midlife crisis yet.

Comment

Guess I'm going to live longer than you guys. I just turned 49, and haven't had a midlife crisis yet.
                      I guess it hits every guy different

Comment

Guess I'm going to live longer than you guys. I just turned 49, and haven't had a midlife crisis yet.

Are you sure you're human? Or from Planet 9 possibly?

J/k. It's odd to hear of someone who has never questioned their purpose/meaning/existence in relation to the world around them. I do it on a daily basis, but not nearly as bad as when I went through "the dark times".

Comment

• I feel extraordinarily blessed. I just celebrated my 26th anniversary, and our marriage is still going strong.

I've got three kids that I love dearly, and while that hasn't been without its trials (some more stressful than others), I wouldn't trade it for anything.

And I have my faith, which has served me well in the tough times, and been a source of genuine connection to something larger than myself (which is somewhat important to me, since my usual natural instinct is to be rather inward focused).

Really, I feel like for me to have what I picture as a "mid-life crisis" would require something external to seriously disrupt the life I'm living now. I don't doubt it could happen, but all I can do is trust to the positive aspects in my life to see me through if (probably when) it does.

Comment

I feel extraordinarily blessed. I just celebrated my 26th anniversary, and our marriage is still going strong.

I've got three kids that I love dearly, and while that hasn't been without its trials (some more stressful than others), I wouldn't trade it for anything.

And I have my faith, which has served me well in the tough times, and been a source of genuine connection to something larger than myself (which is somewhat important to me, since my usual natural instinct is to be rather inward focused).

Really, I feel like for me to have what I picture as a "mid-life crisis" would require something external to seriously disrupt the life I'm living now. I don't doubt it could happen, but all I can do is trust to the positive aspects in my life to see me through if (probably when) it does.
                            See for me im not married with kids i haven't had the honor. Lately ive had death on my mind where its like woa one day ill no longer exist. Im not afraid of death its part of life but lately i wish i did more and can change a few things

Comment

I feel extraordinarily blessed. I just celebrated my 26th anniversary, and our marriage is still going strong...
                              Excellent, congrats.

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                              See for me im not married with kids i haven't had the honor. Lately ive had death on my mind where its like woa one day ill no longer exist. Im not afraid of death its part of life but lately i wish i did more and can change a few things
                              You should speak with the pastor of the church you were baptized in.

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also."
                              --John 14:1-3

Comment

I'm sort of in the same boat as Tazz. Maybe my personal mission is different, but I'm thinking at this stage I have more days behind me than in front of me. There is a small bucket list of things I would like to do before I jump in the fire, and I don't see time the same way as I used to. The days/weeks/months just seem to fly by at an alarming rate. It's scary. Plus I have no kids except the dog, my only close relative that lives with me is 94, and I am scared AF about being alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X