Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1 Greatest Villain of All-Time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by BuckyBarnes45 View Post

    I'm thinking if Sinestro tried to "manipulate" Doom, Sinestro would be on the floor begging for mercy because "no one manipulates Doom!" Plus Doom would cobble a thingie to leach his power and give it to Doom like he did the Surfer.

    OK, first off, Sinestro doesn't beg to ANYBODY. No matter who it is, he doesn't beg. He just doesn't. Second, his ring could slice Doom's armor in half with a thought. I mean, Sinestro has an ARMY at his disposal, and all Doom has is Julian McMahon.
    My point, proven.
    Fearless
    Agent Orange
    Last edited by Fearless; 02-17-2008, 04:45 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      My serious pick would be Darkseid This guy is major bad a$$ he has a ophanage to corrupt youth, he made Grandmas scary, Hes got the uglest kids I've everseen, His side kick is a demented tourturer, yeah so he has been beat a few times, who hasn't, Supes has died, The bat a broken back, but each time they come back better, including are glorous villian here.

      Comment


      • #33
        I think my general dislike of anything 4th world keeps me from saying Darkseid. And only recently has Sinestro been anything more than the mustache twirling villain. But I really do think Doom probably could take Sinestro with some type of power leeching tech (if he dosen't already have that built into his armor standard) If you asked me in the 90' I would have said Apocalypse, but now...........no....not at all..
        I think I'll vote for Doom anyway, when written well he is the most likely to succeed. And I like an intelligent as well as powerful bad guy, just makes them seem more threatening. There was a one shot a few years ago where Doom conquered the earth and actually did make it a better place to live, as long as everyone worshipped Doom.

        Comment


        • #34
          Goldfinger's the SHIT

          Comment


          • #35
            Favorite comic book villain (DC): Riddler. He's suave, smart, and knows how to manipulate even the Batman.

            Favorite comic book villain (Marvel): Dr. Doom. He's a genius at almost everything, and he controls the smallest nation in the Marvel universe and still manages to kick ass. That and I've genuinely loved everything he's been in.

            Favorite (actually most despised) real world villain: Himmler. If I could go back in time I'd have a hard time choosing between kicking him or Hitler in the womb. I mean, if I had to choose between them that is. (I'd go for a three way tie: Himmler, Hitler, and Stalin FTL.)

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Myth View Post
              If I could go back in time I'd have a hard time choosing between kicking him or Hitler in the womb. I mean, if I had to choose between them that is. (I'd go for a three way tie: Himmler, Hitler, and Stalin FTL.)

              DUDE!? I understand that all 3 of those guys are evil bastards, but still...

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                OK, first off, Sinestro doesn't beg to ANYBODY. No matter who it is, he doesn't beg. He just doesn't. Second, his ring could slice Doom's armor in half with a thought. I mean, Sinestro has an ARMY at his disposal, and all Doom has is Julian McMahon.
                My point, proven.
                I thought we were talking one on one.
                Even still...Doom has tons of Doombots...and those other armoured sentries at his disposal. He has a castle of tech and magic to boot.

                One on one, I'd give it to Doom. Yeah, with his army, SInestro stands a chance.

                And Sinestro doesn't beg? Not true.
                I guess you forgot about when he was executed in the last issue of the 1980s Green Lantern Corps Series. Right before execution, Sinestro pleaded and begged like a little b*$%.

                Doom would never have done that.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by BuckyBarnes45 View Post
                  I thought we were talking one on one.
                  Even still...Doom has tons of Doombots...and those other armoured sentries at his disposal. He has a castle of tech and magic to boot.

                  One on one, I'd give it to Doom. Yeah, with his army, SInestro stands a chance.

                  And Sinestro doesn't beg? Not true.
                  I guess you forgot about when he was executed in the last issue of the 1980s Green Lantern Corps Series. Right before execution, Sinestro pleaded and begged like a little b*$%.

                  Doom would never have done that.

                  Uhh... I WASN'T ALIVE IN THE 80'S! GOD, how the hell am I supposed to know that?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                    Uhh... I WASN'T ALIVE IN THE 80'S! GOD, how the hell am I supposed to know that?
                    You stated with much certainty
                    "OK, first off, Sinestro doesn't beg to ANYBODY. No matter who it is, he doesn't beg. He just doesn't."

                    Whatever your age, I assumed you knew a lot about Sinestro from such a statement. The issue he was executed for his crimes and begged a lot (which proved your statement wrong) was a major turning point for Sinestro, had serious reprocussions on the GLC, and took Sinestro out of the game form many years.

                    With back issues and comic stores, it's very possible you could have read the story...it's not like this thing costs as much as Fantastic Four #1! (oh yeah...and I've read Silver Age Hal stories that were published when I wasn't alive...and I also wasn't alive in Shakespear's time and read some of those plays

                    Still...the point you made I countered with a good example. Since you were debating my position, I thought you would appreciate knowing that fact.

                    So...what do you think now that we established Sinestro has and will beg when defeated? Doom will not hold a trial as Hal did

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Hmm, well, I don't buy back issues. I'm pushing it buying my regulars as it is, at least in my parent's eyes. Anyway, I actually have read a lot of Sinestro, but I haven't read that issue. Mostly beacuse I never even knew it existed. But, I'll go buy it, look it over, and get back to ya. But, until then, I guess I shall concede to you.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I hear you on not being able to afford back issues!

                        I remember when I was a teen and comics were affordable? (that was a long time ago). You would go in...get your regulars...and browse the back issues. It was like "hey...these 1970s Avengers look interesting, and there's Frankestein teamed up with Baron Zemo!" Outide of the "hot" titles, those oldies were...get this...AFFORDABLE!

                        Or when you found some good Silver Age stuff and it was not mint...you could get it fairly cheap. Or you saw all the silver age stuff on a wall...and if you wanted to plop down extra you got the good stuff.

                        Mu local comic store doesn't even carry much back issues. The one in the next big town has SOME...but not much.

                        So sorry if it it sounded harsh earlier. That story I mentioned hasnt even been reprinted.

                        If you want a good 1980s GL tale try this min series as it is one of my fav. Hal stories:

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          and in case you were wondering about my obscure 1970s Avengers reference:

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Comics used to be AFFORDABLE!? GET OUT!!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Sinestro, Nero, and Black Adam is my picks.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by SHADOWLANTERN View Post
                                Sinestro, Nero, and Black Adam is my picks.
                                Nero to me doesn't have enough wins and street cred for that claim. Maybe in a few years?

                                Black Adam is scary with all that power and Conan style ethics...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X