Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Coming High Food & Gas Prices: Fact or Fiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    gas near me went up from $2.09 last week to $2.13 yesterday to $2.31 today, h@ll one of'em was out of gas, but they say things are fixed now and everything should be back to normal by the weekend

Leave a comment:

• Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe

• Ωmega Man
    replied
    Gas went up from $1.99 a gallon around my area to $2.05. It's not so bad, but I usually drive on $5 for three days...

~M~

Leave a comment:

• IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    true that

Leave a comment:

• buffalorock
    Star Sapphire's Love Slave

• buffalorock
    replied
    In NC as well, I had half a tank but went ahead and filled up last night. $2.22 a gallon and took about 15 minutes. There was even a cop there keeping things in order, which was the only gas station I saw like that. Seemed like a big hassle for $15 worth of gas.

I try not to overreact with this kind of stuff, but its hard not to when seemingly everyone else is trying. You don't want to be that guy that has no gas.

Leave a comment:

• IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    Gas Prices Increase in NC, Several Local Stations Out of Gas Because of Colonial Leak

yeah it's starting to feel like MadMax here in NC, as of yesterday the gas guys near me where at $2.13 (thankfully i topped off my truck last Friday and my scooter yesterday)

everyone thanks i'm crazy but til they get this fixed i'm not going anywhere i don't need to go too and i'm only riding my scooter, yes even in the rain (of which it's doing right now ), til it's out of gas only then will i use the truck

anyone else feeling this?

Leave a comment:

• IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    Record low gas prices could mean bad news for the economy

The Impact Of Low Gas Prices

Are low gas prices really a good thing?

F@CKYOUF@CKYOUF@CKYOUF@CKYOUF@CKYOUF@CKYOU

high gas prices are bad for the economy but now so is low gas prices, F@CK YOU, i have money to burn right now (sadly work isn't given me the hours for said money to burn ) so i'm gonna be living it up "my friend"

Leave a comment:

• IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Tazer View Post
    Yo.

Tazer
    ok, you made a deal with Iran over nukes which they will use one day on Israel/U.S. for more oil in the world market, what part of "No Blood for Oil" did you not get

Leave a comment:

• Robinson
    Guardian Of The Universe

• Robinson
    replied
    Shit. It's still over 3 here.

Leave a comment:

• Tazer
    That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

• Tazer
    replied
    Yo.

Tazer

Leave a comment:

• Sylent_Asassin
    Black Lantern

• Sylent_Asassin
    replied
    ...and once again, gas prices are out of control.

The steady uptick in California gas prices has consumer advocates and one high-profile environmental activist accusing the oil industry of price gouging.

Gas in California averaged at $3.71 for regular grade this week, which is 17 cents more than it was a week ago and 57 cents more than it was a month ago, according to the AAA Fuel Gauge Report.
    When gas was around $4 a gallon, oil prices were at $150 per barrel. Crude is currently at just over $59 per barrel, less than half of its peak price, but CA is averaging $3.71? That doesn't add up.

Leave a comment:

• IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    godd@mn that's high good luck with that pal i'm sure your rolling in money

anyway gas near me is at $2.28 (it was at $2.31 last week or so)

Leave a comment:

• Darth_Primus
    Guardian of the Universe

• Darth_Primus
    replied
    Just North of San Francisco.

http://www.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/20...rly-8-a-gallon

Like many other Yelpers/commuters, we, too, are both puzzled and a little pissed about how much this Sausalito gas station is charging drivers for a tank of gasoline.

We contacted Bridgeway Gas Station a few times to find out what's up with the increased prices, but nobody will pick up the phone over there. So we turned to oil price expert Severin Borenstein who confirms that this certainly is a way to not sell gasoline.

"Obviously, he isn't planning on selling much gasoline and when he does, he sells to people desperate and not paying attention," says Borenstein, director of the University of California Energy Institute. "But this is not a viable strategy for keeping a gas station open."

Usually, when gas stations do jack up prices to surreal amounts, it has more to do with gas stations being at odds with refineries over wholesale pricing. But a Bridgeway isn't a branded gas station, thus it's more than likely getting its gas on the spot market and not paying high prices for it, Borenstein tells us.

That leaves Borenstein equally as baffled by this business strategy. Could it be a way to hose tourists passing through? "Even tourist will skip it at that price. So then why are you in the gasoline business at all? Boresntein says. "Maybe he won't be for long."

Probably not, with 1-star reviews like these:

Leave a comment:

• IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
    Gas jumped about .40 in the last 5 days in my neck of the woods. Funny how it takes months for prices to drop and just a few days for them to rise back to what they were.
    ain't it though

Leave a comment:

• Azrael21
    Sinestro's Sparring Partner

• Azrael21
    replied
    We got down to a $1.89 here in georgia, but it jumped up 20 cents in ONE Night! However it has started to drop again, slowly. It is currently at $2.07.

Leave a comment:

• Sylent_Asassin
    Black Lantern

• Sylent_Asassin
    replied
    Gas jumped about .40 in the last 5 days in my neck of the woods. Funny how it takes months for prices to drop and just a few days for them to rise back to what they were.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X