• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer to be rebooted

No, I'm not kidding.

Here ya go

Article:

With the recent announcement that Warner Bros. is moving ahead with a Buffy the Vampire reboot without Joss Whedon involved, Kristin at E! Online contacted Whedon for his comments on the matter. This is his emailed response:

Kristin, I'm glad you asked for my thoughts on the announcement of Buffy the cinema film. This is a sad, sad reflection on our times, when people must feed off the carcasses of beloved stories from their youths—just because they can't think of an original idea of their own, like I did with my Avengers idea that I made up myself.

Obviously I have strong, mixed emotions about something like this. My first reaction upon hearing who was writing it was, "Whit Stillman AND Wes Anderson? This is gonna be the most sardonically adorable movie EVER." Apparently I was misinformed. Then I thought, "I'll make a mint! This is worth more than all my Toy Story residuals combined!" Apparently I am seldom informed of anything. And possibly a little slow. But seriously, are vampires even popular any more?

I always hoped that Buffy would live on even after my death. But, you know, AFTER. I don't love the idea of my creation in other hands, but I'm also well aware that many more hands than mine went into making that show what it was. And there is no legal grounds for doing anything other than sighing audibly. I can't wish people who are passionate about my little myth ill. I can, however, take this time to announce that I'm making a Batman movie. Because there's a franchise that truly needs updating. So look for The Dark Knight Rises Way Earlier Than That Other One And Also More Cheaply And In Toronto, rebooting into a theater near you.

Leave me to my pain! Sincerely, Joss Whedon.
    Figures for Sale/Trade: DCUC/DCD/Green Lantern Related *CHEAP*
    Formally known as TMarcumUSN (or "Marcus" freakin' Bruce Castle haha)

I'm a leaf on the wind...

Poor Joss.

Comment

Guy gets no love from the execs.

Comment

Why don't they just do a big-screen version with SMG as Buffy, Angel, Spike, and everybody? This is only going to piss folks off and polarize the fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          Why don't they just do a big-screen version with SMG as Buffy, Angel, Spike, and everybody? This is only going to piss folks off and polarize the fandom.
          They have been trying to do that for ages. If I am not mistaken SMG is the reason why it keep not happening. She was one of if not the only person in the cast that didnt wanna come back.
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

I also find it funny that he is upset that people reboot or expand on other people's properties. Uhm Mr Whedon...you do realize Buffy was movie before you came along and made it show. Might wanna put those black talking pots and kettles away.
            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

She didnt want type cast.

Comment

Which is okay I guess but let's be real aside from The Grudge, Southland Tales and the occasional voice work on Robot Chicken and TMNT what else is she really doing?

Comment

She ought to realize that sometimes... money comes before art.

Comment

I agree. It's like Screech being the reason that a Saved by the Bell reunion wont get under way. Why is it the ones who are doing next to nothing are the ones preventing these things from happening

Comment

Damn you Dustin Diamond. Dont make me kick you in the head AGAIN!

Comment

1) Dustin Diamond is a grade A asshole

2) Be careful guys, Armed thugs will be come to your homes to burn all your
                        Buffy DVD's so that you forget the past

Comment

He is indeed. I did not like that fool. He was a Grade A Jackass

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                            Uhm Mr Whedon...you do realize Buffy was movie before you came along and made it show. Might wanna put those black talking pots and kettles away.
                            I should hope so, since, uhm, he wrote that one too.
                            Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
                            Nor label his working day "cushy"
                            But you might have to question
                            His endless obsession
                            With superpositional pussy.

Comment

Joss Whedon's reaction.

"This is a sad, sad reflection on our times, when people must feed off the carcasses of beloved stories from their youths—just because they can't think of an original idea of their own, like I did with my Avengers idea that I made up myself."

Comment

Working...
                              X