X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Incredible Hulk" movie

Trailer up:
    http://www.movieweb.com/video/V08C1bouyBCFGI

It looks alright. I dunno, we JUST had a Hulk movie...now another one, both dealing with his origins?

And is it just me, or is there an air of pretentiousness in this movie? It's the only word I could think of that describes the feeling I get here. Same with Iron Man to be honest, it just seems sort of arrogant (Norton and Downey respectively).

I might see it, as I didn't see the other new one. Who's that hes fighting, Abomination?
    sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Abomination - yes

And if you want pretentiousness, see Ang Lee's Hulk. It was full of that!
      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Wait a minute...Jim, telling me to check out Marvel?! *gasp* you must be possessed by Parallax or something...
        sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
          Wait a minute...Jim, telling me to check out Marvel?! *gasp* you must be possessed by Parallax or something...
          Movies only Movies and if DC would kick WBs ass into letting them do movies I would stop with all the Marvel Movies

Just so its out there I own ZERO Marvel Comics and ALL Marvel Movies post-Blade (we arent talking about the Cap America stuff or the org FF) except Electra - Most verisons of each as well.

I also own ALL DC Movies that are currently available post Superman except Batman Forever & Batman and Robin and Catwoman
          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

At least we are finally getting a real Hulk villan. Someone for Hulk to brawl with. I thought they really messed up making Banner's father into a Absorbing man clone. That movie would have been ten times better if it actually had Absorbing Man.

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
              Movies only Movies and if DC would kick WBs ass into letting them do movies I would stop with all the Marvel Movies
              Fair enough Jim. I guess we can let it slide in this case.

I own a few Marvel books, most of them are pretty old. The best one is probably Secret War #?? where Spidey first gets the Black Suit.

Also, I picked up Deathlok #1 by Dwayne McDuffie and was quite impressed by it. A very cool story and character, might try to hunt down some more over time.

Oh, and I have a thing for Liefelds X-Force. I have a few of those, and pick them up when I can. *guards against massive wave of hate*
              sigpic

Comment

*gasp* you must be possessed by Parrylakks or something...
                You called, Highlander?
                Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Thank the gods! Parry, Jim has lost it! He's talking about all this Marvel stuff, as if hes...a fan! You gotta snap him out of this, before we all get infected and switch to Nova and Spiderman!
                  sigpic

Comment

I think it looks good. I liked the Ultimates inspired fall from the helicopter to transform him into the Hulk. I'm particularly curious about this movie because Norton's involvement as the screenwriter.

Comment

Ultimates? Isn't that more a nod to the original where Hulk died from falling from a copter? Keep in mind I've never read Ultimates...
                      sigpic

Comment

You could be right. All i could think of was a moment in the Ultimates where

SPOILERS in black text below

The Ultimates are fighting the Chitauri (Skrulls) and are stuggling the US army turns to Banner. Unfortunately for them he has been given drugs to keep from transforming. To "coax" him into changing they throw him out of a chopper into the battle field. Like the trailer we see banner fall, but the Hulk emerges from the crater.

Comment

Thank the gods! Parry, Jim has lost it! He's talking about all this Marvel stuff, as if hes...a fan! You gotta snap him out of this, before we all get infected and switch to Nova and Spiderman!
                          Dude... Jim never had it... you have to have in order to lose it... just ignore his blasphemous ramblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                            Ed Norton kicks ass. Therfore this movie must kick ass vicariously.

It looks alright. I dunno, we JUST had a Hulk movie...now another one, both dealing with his origins?

And is it just me, or is there an air of pretentiousness in this movie? It's the only word I could think of that describes the feeling I get here. Same with Iron Man to be honest, it just seems sort of arrogant (Norton and Downey respectively).

I might see it, as I didn't see the other new one. Who's that hes fighting, Abomination?
                            I still haven't seen Ang Lee's Hulk. But this should be awesome. As for Iron Man, I don't give a SHIT about Iron Man at all what-so-ever! But The Iron Man movie looks fucking AWESOME.

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                            Amen to that. I'm no fan of Marvel, but my superhero movies are as follows:

Marvel
                            Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3
                            Blade, Blade 2, Blade Trinity
                            X-Men, X-Men United, X-Men 3 The Last Stand

DC
                            Superman, Superman Returns
                            Batman, Batman Begins

Yeah...... DC/WB needs to get the ball rolling.

Comment

I have a lot more Superhero DVDs than that in my collection...
                              ... but the DC onces outnumber the Marvel ones on my shelf...
                              ... though non-DC films outnumber DC ones... go figure, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X