Tonite was a humbling experience ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonite was a humbling experience ...

For the first time, I actually got boos from the audience ... I tried out some new material, and really flopped bigtime ... I'm drowning my sorrows in some cheapass beer, then going to bed ...

Damn dude...but, it happens to the absolute best of them, so don't feel too down.

Join us for a beer in the FC if you want.
    sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Aw jeeze, man, that's horrible. I have a terrible time with any kind of public speaking... and then thinking about not only doing that, but trying to make people laugh AND getting booed... man, I'd be a wreck.

Comment

you'll get them next time bud

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

It's actually much easier to be funny one on one for me, but my pimp *err* agent keeps finding shows for me ... Tonite was a party for some people ... I was paid in advance, so I don't hafta worry about that ...

Tonite was the last time that I'll work a full shift at my day job, then try to be funny at 10pm ... I literally went straight from work tonite to do the show ... I'm not making excuses, but I just proved my limits tonite ...

Comment

Well, you could have pulled a Kramer...
            sigpic
            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

So sorry, dude. People suck ass, fuck'em....uh, unless they have AIDS, then def dont fuck'em.
              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                  Well, you could have pulled a Kramer...

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Hey it happens at least you could get up there and do it and screw them if they don't find you funny. We sure do!

Comment

Hey Bob:

Do yourself a favor and chuck this week in the garbage pile. Between what happened to your dad and also the day to day idiocies of life, I think one off night is allowed to happen.

I know most stand ups take this seriously and the one bad night is just that - ONE bad night. Keep telling yourself, if Dane Cook can make it, so could someone with Down's Syndrome .

And trust me, you do not have Down's syndrome.

(No offense to anyone who has or is related to anyone with Down's Syndrome. Thank you.)

Comment

Hey man. Just get some funny sound effects. Funny sound effects always make things funnier. They might've helped you a bit. But, you COULD always go "Kramer" and go for shock laughs using a touchy subject.

Comment

Thanks everyone ...

Comment

Originally posted by Donsmith1974 View Post
                            Hey Bob:

Do yourself a favor and chuck this week in the garbage pile. Between what happened to your dad and also the day to day idiocies of life, I think one off night is allowed to happen.

I know most stand ups take this seriously and the one bad night is just that - ONE bad night. Keep telling yourself, if Dane Cook can make it, so could someone with Down's Syndrome .

And trust me, you do not have Down's syndrome.

(No offense to anyone who has or is related to anyone with Down's Syndrome. Thank you.)
                            Ok I have to comment on this. I too have NO CLUE WHY DANE COOK IS ANYWHERE NEAR AS POPULAR AS HE IS!?! Micro-Astro-physics being taught in hebrew makes more sense than Dane Cooks popularity. But does anyone remember that comic with MS, now he was pretty good. But comedy is pretty fuckin difficult, some people can damn near piss themselves after a good fart joke, while others look at you like your Steve-O hugging the Pope.

But to quote Chris Hero as he was being heckled by a ROH fan
                            "Hey, I got paid in advance. I don't have to do shit!"
                            http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
                            http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
                            Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
                            I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

I'm stealing this from Lewis Black's special on the funniest joke in America.

"To be a great comic, you have to bomb...CONSTANTLY."

You're going toh ave some bad nights, man. It's just an occupational hazard. Either the audience won't get your jokes or maybe the jokes aren't as great. You tested out some material and it didn't work, that's all. It's like when a corporation releases "Lime pepsi" or "guacamole tostitos." Sounds great, but people don't buy them all the time.

You'll kick ass next time I'm sure. Don't be so hard on yourself. It sounds like you do really well as a comic and so I'm betting this last one will be long forgotten the next time you're making the crowd laugh!

Comment

Working...
                              X