Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most scared you've ever been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most scared you've ever been?

For me, it was two years ago.

I was in a car wreck, my friend had been on the cell phone while driving, and we crashed into the front of an SUV. The car was totaled, my friend had cracked his skull and I had broken my arm.

But in the moment right before we had hit, I had thought to myself this, "Oh, god... am I going to die?"

I... um... uh I think I repressed those memories because I really can't remember... But I can tell you I have a phobia of dead people so I will not go up to a dead body during a funeral I know your supposed to but I can't I flip and you know what I can't stand my family always makes me a pall bearer so I have to carry that body I make sure we move fast

Comment

The one time I remember feeling truly scared for my life was when I was a small child. My parents and I were walking around Todd Inlet like we would often do. I was running ahead of my parents, and was most likely out of their sight. Anyway, I ended up slipping and falling off the side of the trail, which happened be about a 200 foot drop (I think, seemed like miles when I was a kid). I didn't fall down, instead I got caught up on some roots or something, but I was absolutely frozen with Fear. That was the only time I remember thinking "I'm going to die" cuz I thought for sure I was going to fall. By the time my dad got there (which wasn't long, cuz I was screaming) I realized I wasn't going to slide down cuz I was pretty stuck. But even still, looking down and seeing a small creek and all the rocks was terrifying. As far as I can recall, thats the only time I thought "I'm going to die."

Oh, and there was the time when that damn second blue line appeared...that was freaky.

Cool post Mad, nice change of pace.
      sigpic
      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Wow, guys that's rough.

Comment

yeah this is a great thread MD

Comment

No one else has anything? I know some of you guys have done time in the army and stuff...
            sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

yeah you'd think more people would post

Comment

Moving to the General Forum.

-I want to know your Fear Lanterns, feed me with it's glory!
                sigpic

Comment

when my ex (GF at the time) found out she was pregnant when we were both in uni...

neither of us were ready by a long shot and it scared the hell out of us until we decided she would have an abortion

M

Comment

When I died.

Fun way to start a story eh? Well let me bring it down a notch, it was a dream. They say that you can't die in dreams, that people wake up the second before death occurs in a dream. Some people even believe that if you die in a dream and don't wake up that you die in real life. That is all bullshit. Anyone who does research into the subject will find that an urban legend, many people die in their dreams and don't wake up (when it happens, they wake up in the morning), I know because I've had it happen to me.

The dream started, or at least where I recall it started had my friends and I sitting in my basement. We were playing cards, which wasn't unusual, the thing is that we had the television on. World War III was starting, someone had screwed up somewhere and everyone was nuking each other. The world was blowing itself up and we were playing cards... there didn't seem like much else to do, couldn't travel to our families in time, might as well play another hand.

I remember being calm about the whole thing, having accepted the finality of it, that nothing could be done about it, about waiting for death, I wasn't scared of it. Then a friend called, he was freaking out, flipping his lid hysterical about the end of the world. I tried to calm him down, and eventually agreed to go pick him up and bring him over.

I walked outside to go to my truck and that's when there was a flash, I looked to the west and saw the mushroom cloud and the blast wave flying towards me. It hit me and sent me flying across the lawn, I went blind at that point, everything going dark. I remember pain, though it had been years since I saw it I watched 'Fatman and Little Boy' which has a rather graphic depiction of radiation poisoning... which I was going though. I was blinded and spasming, hurling out what I could have only imagined to be important parts of me, in my dream it was utter agony.

Yet through all that I distinctly remember thinking "It'll be alright, I'm going to die soon and the pain will stop, and I'll see what comes next," Once again the surreal aspect was that I was alright with the act of dying. Eventually the pain stopped, everything stopped, all sensation gone.

I lost all sense of my body, I was still conscious, I could think, but I was nothing, I remember thinking and believing that I was dead. I waited, nothing happened. I tried to call out, asking if anyone was there. Nothing happened. The thought occurred to me that it was the end of the freaking world there might be a bit of a backup on the whole afterlife thing, which must obviously exist since I'm dead but I am still aware, so I waited. Nothing happened. I started to pray, call out to god. Nothing happened, to Jesus, nothing happened, for my mommy, nothing happened. Every representation of any god I could think of, nothing happened. This couldnt' be it, I still existed I was alone in an endless void of nothing with no body but I was still conscious! I would rather not exist that face eternal isolation. I'll admit at some point I started crying out for every demon, devil or dark god name I could think of from Satan to Cthulhu, but nothing freaking happened. I was dead, and all that was left was eternal darkness, isolation, nothing, there was no higher powers, no afterlife, just this nothing.

I panicked then crying out and cursing those named I had prayed to... screaming my thoughts into a void where nothing would hear them...

Then I woke up. I sat bot upright, in a cold sweat the way they do in the movies that I never thought was real. I was shaking and tears were running down my face. I was a grown man at the time and I'll freely admit it.

I sat on the side of my bed trying to get ahold of myself, feeling at that moment, very alone in this world.

Thing is I don't consider myself afraid of death, I've got a lot of stories (and the scars that go with them) of times I came close to getting myself killed. That I have all my bits is pretty surprising to tell the truth, I remember slipping on some ice falling and sliding towards a cliff edge trying to grab a root to stop myself but it was just a stick and thinking "Well fuck" before I fell over the edge of the cliff 30 feet into a partially frozen creek. I've run into wild bears, and I even got attacked by a lion once (weird story that one), everyone's gotta die sometime, I by no means want to but I'm not scared of something that's going to happened to every single one of us. I've been injured enough times and gone through physical therapy that I'm not scared of pain, I don't like it but I'm not scared of it.

So why did this dream terrify me? Don't know, one friend suggested it means I don't believe in god that the thought of what that means scares me. I suppose that could work. Don't know, but that night, alone on the edge of my bed I was shaking like a leaf from a terror I couldn't define, still can't. Never had a dream like that before or since.

Comment

Good grief, man.

I myself have recurring dreams where I'm shot to death... yet still live.

Comment

:Chills:

Thats intense man. Thanks for sharing.

Don't know if your friend is right or not, but I believe at least partially exactly what happened in your dream is possible.

Thing is, there are so many variables. Who's to say (if what happened in your dream does happen) that at some point you aren't sucked out of the void and placed into a new being? Or that perhaps you could will yourself into some sort of other state, if only you had the time. Maybe thats Purgatory?

Who knows for sure, I say no one does. Just as many Near Death Experiences end in darkness than they do in light. I will say that the possibility of having an eternal aspect to ourselves could be true, or once we die, maybe thats it.

Edit: Nice to have you back tho, where have you been hiding? chilling with Andrew in the FC, if you want to pop in.
                        sigpic

Comment

Busy season at work.

Anyway to lighten the mood from that story a more amusing one. This isn't scared, I remain adamant that I am NOT scared of spiders! This one just startled me is all...

I was laying in bed one morning along side my (now ex... but not because of this) girlfriend, she was laying on my right arm, but I was comfy. Anyway we're talking and I open my eyes... not maybe a foot and a half directly above my head is a big ol freaking spider dangling from the ceiling... I was startled STARTLED I say! And my reflex was to pull up my right arm over my head... but my girlfriend was on it... so I pulled her right on top of me between me and the spider.

She was surprised and confused, looked up saw the spider let out a yell rolled off me I rolled the other way so we both roll off the bed into standing positions. I look around grab my shoes and clap the spider dead... there's a silence.

"Did you just use me as a shield?"

Not one of my proudest moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Nived View Post

"Well of course honey, what else am I going to use?"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nived View Post
                              flee!!!

angry woman... the correct response is run for your life lol

M

Comment

Working...
                              X