Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zombie Survival Care Package.............WHICH DO YA CHOOSE??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Razorgod
    Anti-Monitor

• Razorgod
    replied
    No glock, no ammo, but you get a glock laser grip....uh...pointless? Thermal imaging? For those pesky zombies who generate body heat.....

This is why amateurs shouldn't get in the zombie survival business.

The reviews on the site are hilarious, and when you try to order....awesome.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/zero-zombie-kit.html
    Razorgod
    Anti-Monitor
    Last edited by Razorgod; 07-18-2012, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tazer
    That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

• Tazer
    replied
    Yo.

just thought I would add this: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...-survival-kit/

Your last hope: The $24,000 zombie survival kit

Don't expect big firepower from this gear collection, but it does have a few tools that could keep you alive among the undead.

Tazer

Leave a comment:

• TheGoatLantern
    Beta-Lantern

• TheGoatLantern
    replied
    I plan on giving the cumbersome and loud chainsaw to Sylent as I run away

Leave a comment:

• Sylent_Asassin
    Black Lantern

• Sylent_Asassin
    replied
    I chose "A." Good primary firepower and decent secondary. The Machete > Bat, Golf clubs and Chainsaw and the sword might break or become dull after several slices. The grenades pushed it over the edge for me. Quick, powerful and easily accessable with a wide range of damage.

Leave a comment:

• Scarecrow
    Senior Corps Member

• Scarecrow
    replied
    Personally I really want the baseball bat but the gun choices are better on C. So C it is.

Leave a comment:

• plastroncafe
    Alpha-Lantern

• plastroncafe
    replied
    If only we could mix and match! Alas.
    I'm going with option A. It has the most items I'm fairly certain I could figure out, and carry/use without hurting myself.

One of these days I'll make it to the range with my far more gun happy family members.

Funny this should come up though, next month I'm running in a Zombie themed 5k Obstacle Course in Maryland.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy Boy
    Hal's Understudy

• Tommy Boy
    replied
    Fellas. This is no contest.

Think about the scenario. It's a slow zombie problem, not a fast one. Range is your buddy. However, once you have range you're in a position to A) get more range or B) not fight zombies while you A) get more range. Therefore your biggest threat, the most dangerous position you can be in, is to have a lack of range. Address your weaknesses.

You want something that hits like a hammer with minimal thought because you won't be using these weapons unless you're hip deep in shit. If you're not hip deep in shit, you're hauling ass trying to cover the 15 miles, creating more range. This screams for a shotgun, preferably withOUT too big a load. Like a #4, nothing bigger than single buck. A nice improved cylinder or modified choke to get some pattern, not too tight but not cylinder spread.

The sidearm, you want performance/knockdown without a lot of recoil to stay on frame. Something durable and proven to minimize failures both to fire and load. Semi-automatic to preserve ammunition AND allow the shooter to place the sights on frame with each squeeze. The 1911 is an amazing choice here for performance, reliability, and transfer of kinetic energy to the target, but the .45 kicks like a mule. The Beretta 92 in group A is a common 9mm round, you double the amount of ammunition by having two sidearms, has reduced recoil compared to the .45 to assist with staying on frame, and is a time-tested, service approved weapon since the 1970's. It's what replaced the 1911 for the US Armed Services. And conveniently, it's in group A next to our primary weapon.

Group A, all day long. You need close quarters capability more than anything, backed by a forgiving weapon when it comes to shot placement. Chuck a grenade or two to reduce the mobility of the enemy, empty the tube on that 12'er to cut you a path, and you're out of the shit with bells on and fleet feet.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Originally posted by Parallax2814 View Post
    That's what I was saying. You chose how you died rather than letting the zombies choose for you.
    and dont forget i dont think zombies would attack one of there own seeing as i myself can be brainless

Leave a comment:

• Parallax2814
    Green Lantern Initiate

• Parallax2814
    replied
    Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    oh ill take a few of those bastards with me

id rather die by my own hand instead of some brainless zombie
    That's what I was saying. You chose how you died rather than letting the zombies choose for you.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Originally posted by Parallax2814 View Post
    At least you chose your death and not the zombies.
    oh ill take a few of those bastards with me

id rather die by my own hand instead of some brainless zombie

Leave a comment:

• Parallax2814
    Green Lantern Initiate

• Parallax2814
    replied
    ill steal a page out of the talibans book and be a sucidial bomber
    At least you chose your death and not the zombies.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Originally posted by Tazer View Post
    Yo.

&

oh thats nice........too bad they aint on the list, so I guess yur going out there sans kit then. GL w/that!!

Tazer

ill steal a page out of the talibans book and be a sucidial bomber

Leave a comment:

• Parallax2814
    Green Lantern Initiate

• Parallax2814
    replied
    Chainsaw is completely ineffective since it needs gas and sharp teeth to be worth a damn. Unless you are gonna swing it to bludgeon shit.

Leave a comment:

• TheGoatLantern
    Beta-Lantern

• TheGoatLantern
    replied
    I chose kit E, supressed mp5, because I don't want to draw attention to myself. AK would work well enough in a pinch and I'd use the gas to either start a car or get a nice wall of flame between me and the horde (too much left for dead) chain saw is useless unless I needed to get into a building on the quick....

Leave a comment:

• Tazer
    That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

• Tazer
    replied
    Yo.

i chose this
    basicly its a gun that shoots a nuke

&

yes it does

another one i would use is the blackstorm gun wich basicly shoots a black hole

oh thats nice........too bad they aint on the list, so I guess yur going out there sans kit then. GL w/that!!

Tazer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X