Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrice O'Neal Dead: Comedian Dies At 41 Following Diabetes Battle, Stroke

damn 41 is young

Patrice O'Neal, a fixture in the New York comedy scene for two decades who was most recently seen in the Comedy Central Roast Of Charlie Sheen, has passed away according to sources close to the comedian.

Talk show host Opie of the Opie & Anthony Radio Show tweeted this morning, "Yes, it's true that our pal Patrice O'Neal has passed away. The funniest and best thinker I've ever known PERIOD."

O'Neal suffered a stroke in October after a long battle with diabetes. The announcement about his condition was made by a group of his comedian friends and peers on the popular Sirius radio show, but few details have been made known since then at the wishes of his family.

O'Neal was best known for his darkly playful sense of humor and for saying exactly what was on his mind. While O'Neal was a polarizing voice who was often as disliked as much as he was beloved, he was revered by peers and audiences alike for his fearlessness, a characteristic that was in bold relief during the Sheen Roast.

O'Neal spoke with Huffington Post following the taping back in September:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1118900.html
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 11-29-2011, 06:39 PM.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

OMG i just seen him on Red Eye the other day

R.I.P.

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Funny dude, when I read this I instantly thought of his scene as Pit Bull on the Chappelle Show.

Comment

He's in the great big banana stand in the sky now.
        [center]

Originally posted by W.West
        DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Yo.

I liked him on TOUGH CROWN WITH COLIN QUINN; vaya con Dios muchacho........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Damn, he was a funny guy. Well, he's workin' God's venue now.

R.I.P. Patrice.

Comment

Tough Crowd FTW! It made me feel edumucated.
              Rest In Peace, friend. I didn't hear about his stroke in October. Very sad.

(Lettermen)
              + YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

(Tough Crowd Segment)
              + YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

(From a Comedy Central special he did. The stuff on the telly is SFW, right?)
              + YouTube Video

(He says, "bitch", that's about it)
              + YouTube Video

(Very, very, very NSFW):
              + YouTube Video

There's so many on teh 'Tube, so surf over and take your pick!
              "This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
              "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
              "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
              "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
              *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

R.I.P.
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Aww, man... So sad.

Great comedian. One of my absolute favorites among the Opie and Anthony Show's regular guests. Often very insightful and always hilarious.

R.I.P., Patrice....*Sniff*

Comment

R.I.P. fellow comedian who I never payed much attention to. Guess I shoulda started sooner.

Comment

You're a comedian? Dude lay one on us in honor of good ol' Patrice!

Comment

Yeah I'm a comedian (I have done stand up before, but it's only a hobby). The only thing I must ask is, "Why do all the funny one's die young"?

Rip Patrice O'Neal 1969-2011.

Comment

[center]

Originally posted by W.West
                          DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
                            i really hope that carlos thing is bs.......
                            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Meh, he has his moments. I hate that "tetareee" one he does, although he did get me to chuckle on one.

I'll be tuning in.

Comment

Working...
                              X