• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
    I enjoyed it for what it was
    great picture
    great soundtrack
    hot men

bad script, the characters needed more development
    was it anything creepy like the original alien or was it just a slow talking film with tiny action in the end?
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I really liked it. I was a bit miffed that they didn't try harder to dovetail the end of this movie into the '79 Alien film; it would have been easy and it seems like they went out of their way not to.

But on its own I was thoroughly entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        was it anything creepy like the original alien or was it just a slow talking film with tiny action in the end?
        It had it's creepy moments, from what I heard don't go in expecting Aliens (don't remember the origina)
        Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
          bad script, the characters needed more development
          wat for?? they were expendable

I liked the film, but the only problems I had were: 1)
          the dimunization of the "Space Jockey" that annoyed me, as he/it went from approx 26ft in size in Alien down to a paltry 7ft or so in this film., and 2) if Shaw had less than 30sec of air left in her suit, then how'd she survive going back for the damn 'droid??

other than that, I enjoyed myself alot; twas worth the money spent seeing it.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

when I see it!!
            IF I SEE IT
            Im going to try and forget everything I read here...
            Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

I knew that Prometheus was going to lose to Madagascar, but no one would believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post

I liked the film, but the only problems I had were: 1)
                the dimunization of the "Space Jockey" that annoyed me, as he/it went from approx 26ft in size in Alien down to a paltry 7ft or so in this film., and 2) if Shaw had less than 30sec of air left in her suit, then how'd she survive going back for the damn 'droid??
                For me,the change in scale of the space jockey was really jarring. I kept looking for this movie to match up to the '79 film, but making them just a wee bit bigger than the humans really bothered me. I imagine it was done for asthetic purposes and how they appeared together onscreen.

Another thing was, I was looking for the final space jockey to get up after getting facefucked by the giant facehugger and make an attempt to take off again, only to have an alien burst out of his chest when he got back into his chair, killing him. The facehugger eggs that are see in Alien would have come about if the alien that burst out of his chest had been a queen. That didn't happen as it all plays out right there in Vicker's shuttle.

But NOW I'm hearing, (and I haven't had time to verify this yet) that the planet they are on in Prometheus isn't even the same one the Nostromo investigates the distress call of in Alien. They are both labeled LV something or other, but the number is different in Prometheus than the one given in Cameron's Aliens. If that's the case, everything goes out the window altogether and it looks like the space jockeys just had a bad run with their weapons program all over the place.

I LOVED that the chick and the android decided to take one of the four ships and go on to where the space jockeys come from to get answers. If they decided to do another movie they could, but if not that's a GREAT way to end the film.

Comment

That part about the planets is true, Ridley says they're 2 more movies after this one before we get to the events to what happened in Alien.

Whether those 2 movies ever get made is another question, more chance of Madagascar sequel by the looks of it.

Pretty stupid of him to make a movie so far out from what people want explained, it makes the last scene even more pointless and seems like one for the fanboys.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

this is the way i see it all ending if they do a number 2, what's her name will end up being in the pilot seat in Alien, end of story

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• So she grew into a giant? is that what you're saying?

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                        So she grew into a giant? is that what you're saying?
                        something like that yes

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Got some bad news for you guys. Prometheus dropped as much as Green Lantern did it in second day, and got a mixed B Cinemascore. Don't be surprised if the movie lands up on Box Office Mojo's biggest second weekend drops.

Comment

• THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                              Got some bad news for you guys. Prometheus dropped as much as Green Lantern did it in second day, and got a mixed B Cinemascore. Don't be surprised if the movie lands up on Box Office Mojo's biggest second weekend drops.
                              Damn, Ridley returned to destroy his own creation, so much for making two more movies, this is probably the nail in coffin for the Alien franchise movie wise, shame Prometheus is the movie to cause that, I dont think its that awful, but box office dont lie.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                                That part about the planets is true, Ridley says they're 2 more movies after this one before we get to the events to what happened in Alien.

Whether those 2 movies ever get made is another question, more chance of Madagascar sequel by the looks of it.

Pretty stupid of him to make a movie so far out from what people want explained, it makes the last scene even more pointless and seems like one for the fanboys.
                                A trilogy getting us to the '79 film sounds great, but like you mentioned, they kind of blew their wad with the ending. They'd just be rehashing that ending in a different location.

Pobably a moot point anyway if this movie bombs as much as it looks like it will. Too bad. Movies like this don't get made everyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X