Lego Batman 2:DC Super Heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lego Batman 2:DC Super Heroes

So who all is excited for this game? I know I can't be the only one on here that thinks this game is going to be way better than any of the other Lego video games that come out. Not knocking any of them. They are all great in their own right but this one is going to be the shit.

Lego GL and Supes? Do you even have to ask?

Comment

I'm hoping that there are a lot of unlockable characters. Like all four Earth GLs would be awesome. And then like the Teen Titans or something. As well as Red Hood. Now that would be a great game.

Comment

I'm excited, though I still think it's going to be a little wierd that this game will have voices. All the previous LEGO games were non-verbal, just sort of grunts and gestures.

I'm also hoping that the "exclusive" character pack they annouced for preorders from EB Games (Bizarro, Captain Cold, Black Adam, Black Manta, and Gorilla Grodd) isn't REALLY exclusive, because 1.) it is only for PS3 and Xbox, and I'll be playing on PC, and 2.) having those cool characters only available to people that pre-order from a specific retailer is kind of a jerk move.

EDIT: Apparently I didn't read the fine print. That exclusive was only, to my knowledge, in Australia. Which either means that anybody outside Australia is out of luck (unlikely) or that in most cases those characters will just be available normally.
        Mister Ed
        Horse of a Different Color
        Last edited by Mister Ed; 05-21-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

If I'm going to buy it, it'll be on DS, so I hope the bonus charcters are avalible on DS too! Also lego GL, now I am exited!
          Originally posted by IonFan
          (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
          Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
          Originally posted by Quaker
          I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

My son has been playing the shit out of Lego batman 1 and he keeps asking me when #2 comes out.he says when I play I only get to use GL but he can use anybody. I said ok

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              or that in most cases those characters will just be available normally.
              And by "normally," that means "paid DLC."
              The last fan of 1990s comics
              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I for one am thrilled about this game. I can't wait to zip around as the Flash and pick up things with GL and melt things down with Supes. Its going to be great. I just hope that my favorite character is in the game for once.

Comment

Apache Chief? I highly doubt it.

The last fan of 1990s comics
                  Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I wonder if Sinestro's apearing in the game. Maybe his variant figure could be Sinestro 9green lantern). Thoughts?
                    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                      And by "normally," that means "paid DLC."
                      Not usually an option for PC versions of these games, so I guess I'm still left wondering...

(And that wouldn't really be "normally" for these games, anyway, which have never had paid DLC before.)

Comment

I'm hoping Red Hood is in the game. I think that if they do have sinestro in it it would be cool for him to be a GL.

Comment

I played the Star Wars lego game, but had a hard time getting into it; I was bored most of the time. Aside from theme, what will make this game any different?

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                            I played the Star Wars lego game, but had a hard time getting into it; I was bored most of the time. Aside from theme, what will make this game any different?
                            The theme is the big thing, but characters will have some different abilities than ones in the Star Wars one. Superman can fly and use his heat vision, for example.

If you didn't like the Star Wars one because you thought the gameplay was boring, then I can't wholeheartedly recommend this to you, though the gameplay HAS added more elements with each new LEGO game over time, it seems. Another difference, but one that seems unlikely to much effect gameplay, is this will be the first where the LEGO characters actually are voiced, instead of miming everything with the occasional grunt.

If you won't enjoy running around as LEGO versions of superheroes while smashing things, building things, pulling levers, enagaging in button mashing "combat" that is, admittedly, rather tedious at times, hunting for hidden collectible items, all interspersed with (usually) humorous cutscenes of LEGO versions of the characters, then you won't be likely to enjoy this game.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Power_of_WillPrevails View Post
                              I'm hoping Red Hood is in the game. I think that if they do have sinestro in it it would be cool for him to be a GL.
                              I think we should have a chapter for GL about the fall of Sinestro. He can start off as a GL, then he turns to the yellow light, then he makes his own corps. Sinestro (clasic) would be a cool varient!

Here's my prediction. You know how in the last LEGO batman game there were three different storylines? Well I think in this one, we're going to have a batman & robin storyline with all his vilians, a batman/superman storyline with Lex Luthor, a wonder woman and batman storyline with Cheatah or somone, and a GL and batman storyline with sinestro and his corps.

Also you know how batman & robin had these variant suits with special abbilities and the first game. Well I think there's going to be a GL suit for batman and all his other old suits in this one! Or maybe GL batman will just be an unlockable variant suit, eigther way, we're going to have a GL batman, I hope!

Comment

Working...
                              X