Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would people want a new star trek series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    If it were me, I'd make a Star Trek TV show that ignores the Abramsverse and goes further ahead in time... to the 29th Century, where we saw from Enterprise and Voyager that Starfleet -- in addition to their normal duties -- now has a division that patrols Time itself as well...
    Yeah, that would make sense. If it went as least as far as the future (if not further) as TNG is from TOS, it would make it a fresh universe. You could have all new species, you could even re-map the universe.

Comment

I would have to say that into the future is the way to go.
      Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

If it were me, I'd make a Star Trek TV show that ignores the Abramsverse and goes further ahead in time... to the 29th Century, where we saw from Enterprise and Voyager that Starfleet -- in addition to their normal duties -- now has a division that patrols Time itself as well.

Set it on the Enterprise-J (or whatever) and have it be as much about exploration and other familiar Star Trek type stories as it is about policing Time. For example, one episode could be about trouble in a newly discovered galaxy... and another episode could be about someone screwing with history in the 23rd century. In fact, it'd be a great vehicle to allow the show to visit multiple eras in Star Trek history... TOS, TNG, Enterprise, etc.. There could even be an episode (perhaps the pilot) where they travel back to the 23rd century to blow up Nero's ship as soon as it arrives from the future, resolving that whole mess.
        Time...the final FINAL frontier.

There is some potential to it. Kind of like Booster Gold/Time Masters but with an organization. Sure beats another holodeck episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
          Sure beats another holodeck episode.
          I take it you're of the opinion that Sheriff Worf almost making out with Saloon Mistress Data is a bad thing?
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

If it were me, I'd make a Star Trek TV show that ignores the Abramsverse and goes further ahead in time... to the 29th Century, where we saw from Enterprise and Voyager that Starfleet -- in addition to their normal duties -- now has a division that patrols Time itself as well.

Set it on the Enterprise-J (or whatever) and have it be as much about exploration and other familiar Star Trek type stories as it is about policing Time. For example, one episode could be about trouble in a newly discovered galaxy... and another episode could be about someone screwing with history in the 23rd century. In fact, it'd be a great vehicle to allow the show to visit multiple eras in Star Trek history... TOS, TNG, Enterprise, etc.. There could even be an episode (perhaps the pilot) where they travel back to the 23rd century to blow up Nero's ship as soon as it arrives from the future, resolving that whole mess.
            That's the best idea we've had here so-far! This means we could have loads of cross-overs, and the crew could visit the present day, the victorian era, the cowboys, hell even one of the world wars! Maybe the Entiprise (or whatever) could requit a street smart teenager or young adult. Sort of simular to what Ace or Rose were on Dr Who!
            Originally posted by IonFan
            (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
            Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
            Originally posted by Quaker
            I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Working...
            X