Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mister.Weirdo's Memorial Thread For Those Who Will NOT Be Down For Breakfast

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo
    https://www.clickhole.com/farewell-t...ocialMarketing

    Get the tissues ready, because the music world just lost an unforgettable icon: Milo Ramone, the conductor of the Ramones, has passed away at 83.
    That's a joke article. No such person in the Ramones. The picture is even a photoshop of John Williams conducting them.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      That's a joke article. No such person in the Ramones. The picture is even a photoshop of John Williams conducting them.
      Whoops, somebody linked it to me by accident, and I think they were being serious. My bad, my bad!

      Comment


      • https://www.br-klassik.de/aktuell/ne...chruf-100.html

        He was one of the greats of German entertainment, television and film music. His compositional handwriting is unmistakable, his sound unmistakable: the melodies of his Winnetou film scores are legendary. Martin Böttcher has written the music for over 50 feature films and 300 television productions. Now the composer died at the age of 91, as BR-KLASSIK learned from a close family circle.

        Comment


        • Ruhe in Frieden.

          Comment


          • https://www.caltech.edu/about/news/c...rray-gell-mann

            Murray Gell-Mann, Caltech's Robert Andrews Millikan Professor of Theoretical Physics, Emeritus, and a winner of the 1969 Nobel Prize in Physics, passed away on May 24, 2019. He was 89 years old.

            Comment


            • https://news.yahoo.com/packers-legen...153139097.html

              Bart Starr, a Green Bay Packers legend who became the first quarterback to win five championships, died Sunday in Birmingham, Alabama, at the age of 85.

              The Packers announced the news late Sunday morning. He had been in poor health since 2014, when he suffered two strokes and a heart attack.

              Comment


              • http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...tling-dementia

                Bill Buckner, the longtime major leaguer whose error in the 1986 World Series for years lived in Red Sox infamy, died Monday. He was 69.

                "After battling the disease of Lewy Body Dementia, Bill Buckner passed away early the morning of May 27th surrounded by his family," his family said in a statement. "Bill fought with courage and grit as he did all things in life. Our hearts are broken but we are at peace knowing he is in the arms of his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                  http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...tling-dementia

                  Bill Buckner, the longtime major leaguer whose error in the 1986 World Series for years lived in Red Sox infamy, died Monday. He was 69.

                  "After battling the disease of Lewy Body Dementia, Bill Buckner passed away early the morning of May 27th surrounded by his family," his family said in a statement. "Bill fought with courage and grit as he did all things in life. Our hearts are broken but we are at peace knowing he is in the arms of his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
                  The man had a long and great career. His obituary should not focus on one damned error he made.

                  Comment


                  • https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1133...74490539417600

                    Edmund Morris, a stylish, Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer who wrote a monumental history of Theodore Roosevelt and divided critics with “Dutch,” an authorized biography of Ronald Reagan that featured several fictional characters, died May 24 at a hospital in Danbury, Conn. He was 78.

                    Comment




                    • Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                      Edmund Morris, a stylish, Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer who wrote a monumental history of Theodore Roosevelt and divided critics with “Dutch,” an authorized biography of Ronald Reagan that featured several fictional characters, died May 24 at a hospital in Danbury, Conn. He was 78.
                      I've read 2/3 of his Roosevelt omnibus and enjoyed them. I plan to finish those and read Dutch, but maybe I'll research the controversy before I do. Ironically, that's a common practice in cinema biopics (often even in cases where all the real characters and much of the circumstances are known). I assume the argument is that it's well known, but I've come across a lot of viewers who just assume all the characters (like Malone in Untouchables; Baines in Malcolm X; or Ali in Lawrence of Arabia) in a biopic are real and maybe even most of the dialogue.

                      Comment


                      • https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...er-dead-at-94/

                        Canadian Second World War veteran Levi Oakes, who was the last survivor of the men identified as Mohawk Code Talkers, has died.

                        He was 94 and died at home with his family at his side, his daughter Dora said.

                        Comment


                        • https://variety.com/2019/music/news/...69-1203229012/

                          Singer-songwriter Leon Redbone, who specialized in old-school vaudeville and Tin Pan Alley-style music, died earlier today, his family confirmed. He was 69 — although, in characteristically whimsical fashion, the official statement announcing his death gave his age as 127.

                          Comment


                          • https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/30/polit...tor/index.html

                            Former Sen. Thad Cochran, who represented Mississippi in the US Senate for decades, died Thursday morning, his longtime spokesman said in a statement.

                            Cochran died in Oxford, Mississippi, said Chris Gallegos, who previously worked for the senator and now works for his successor, Cindy Hyde-Smith.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                              https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/30/polit...tor/index.html

                              Former Sen. Thad Cochran, who represented Mississippi in the US Senate for decades, died Thursday morning, his longtime spokesman said in a statement.

                              Cochran died in Oxford, Mississippi, said Chris Gallegos, who previously worked for the senator and now works for his successor, Cindy Hyde-Smith.
                              I don't want to dump on a man who's just died, but Cochran was a poster boy for term limits. He had just left the Senate in January, and I'm not sure he knew about it at the time. I'll be interested to see whether dementia played a role in his death.

                              Comment


                              • https://variety.com/2019/film/obitua...ne-1203230036/

                                Claus von Bulow, the socialite whose conviction and then sensational acquittal of the attempted murder of his wealthy wife was portrayed in the award-winning film “Reversal of Fortune,” has died. He was 92.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X