Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mister.Weirdo's Memorial Thread For Those Who Will NOT Be Down For Breakfast

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yo.

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/world...rnd/index.html

    The first man to ever walk in space has died





    Tazer


    Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

    Comment


    • The Soviets were very eager to score PR coups by being the first to do various things in space. They said it demonstrated that their way of life was better.

      This made them take some actions that we didn't learn until years later were quite reckless and dangerous. Leonov almost wasn't able to get back into his capsule!

      https://www.cnet.com/news/cosmonaut-...pace-has-died/

      Comment


      • https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...source=twitter

        Robert Forster, the stalwart leading man whose Oscar-nominated performance as a nefarious bail bondsman in Quentin Tarantino's Jackie Brown made for one of Hollywood's most heartwarming comeback stories, has died. He was 78.

        Comment


        • Damn, I loved him in Alligator since seeing it as a kid.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

          September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
            Robert Forster, the stalwart leading man whose Oscar-nominated performance as a nefarious bail bondsman in Quentin Tarantino's Jackie Brown made for one of Hollywood's most heartwarming comeback stories, has died. He was 78.


            Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
            Damn, I loved him in Alligator since seeing it as a kid.
            Yep---wish I had a copy to re-watch (it would make a nice Halloween-season pick anyway). He also did a pretty good 1982 revenge flick just called Vigilante. I liked him in everything I saw him in.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              Yep---wish I had a copy to re-watch (it would make a nice Halloween-season pick anyway). He also did a pretty good 1982 revenge flick just called Vigilante. I liked him in everything I saw him in.
              It's a great little B movie, and Forster's a big reason why it works as well as it does. He also just showed up in the Breaking Bad movie.

              Comment


              • Stephen Moore, who played Marvin in the original radio version of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and a Silurian leader in the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who.

                Comment


                • Wow. This is sounding more and more like Cameron Ely stabbed his mother to death. She was a former Miss Florida.

                  Reports are coming in that Ron is disabled and has a speech impediment. He was unharmed.

                  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Ron-Ely.html
                  Trey Strain
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-16-2019, 10:21 PM.

                  Comment


                  • I have to wonder though how four cops with guns felt threatened by one person with a knife.

                    Comment


                    • https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...5-265d359a2b98
                      BALTIMORE — Congressman Elijah Cummings died on Thursday morning, according to an official from his office.

                      Congressman Cummings passed away at Johns Hopkins hospital due to complications concerning longstanding health challenges.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                        https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...5-265d359a2b98
                        BALTIMORE Congressman Elijah Cummings died on Thursday morning, according to an official from his office.

                        Congressman Cummings passed away at Johns Hopkins hospital due to complications concerning longstanding health challenges.
                        He didn't look or sound good to me. I thought he was a good bit older than 68.

                        Comment


                        • https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/14/b...loom-dead.html

                          Harold Bloom, the prodigious literary critic who championed and defended the Western canon in an outpouring of influential books that appeared not only on college syllabuses but also — unusual for an academic — on best-seller lists, died on Monday at a hospital in New Haven. He was 89.

                          Comment


                          • https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50074653

                            The wife of Ron Ely, star of the 1960s Tarzan TV series, was stabbed to death by their son at their California home on Tuesday evening, say police.

                            Officers called to the Santa Barbara house found Valerie Lundeen Ely, 62, dead with "multiple stab wounds".

                            Authorities said police cornered 30-year-old Cameron Ely outside the home, deemed him a threat and shot him dead.

                            DAMN HELL!!!

                            Comment


                            • I heard about that this morning. I've never heard of Ely, not being particularly familiar with Tarzan actors, but holy shit this is horrible news.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

                              September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

                              Comment


                              • https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...was-87-1247426

                                Sam Bobrick, the Emmy-nominated writer and playwright who created the NBC comedy Saved by the Bell and wrote four comedies that played on Broadway, has died. He was 87.

                                Bobrick died Friday at Northridge Hospital Medical Center after suffering a stroke, his friend, Adam Carl, an actor, writer and producer, told The Hollywood Reporter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X