Mister.Weirdo's Memorial Thread For Those Who Will NOT Be Down For Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.dailystartreknews.com/re...isode-has-died

Respected television animation writer David Wise, who wrote the Star Trek: The Animated Series episode “How Sharper Than a Serpent’s Tooth”, has died. His death on Tuesday, March 3rd, was announced on his Twitter account.

Comment

• https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...obit-1.5488245

Henri Richard, the younger brother of Maurice "Rocket" Richard and a 20-year veteran of the Montreal Canadiens died Friday after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease.

He was 84.

Comment

• https://www.npr.org/2020/03/06/81294...azz-dies-at-81

McCoy Tyner, a pianist whose deep resonance, hammering attack and sublime harmonic invention made him a game-changing catalyst in jazz and beyond, died Friday, March 6, at his home in New Jersey. His death was confirmed by his manager. No cause of death was given. He was 81.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
          James Lipton, the elegant, articulate wordsmith and theater academic whose desire to give his acting students a greater insight into their art led to the popular Bravo series Inside the Actors Studio, has died, his wife Kedakai Turner told TMZ. He was 93.
          I didn't realize he was that old. I always enjoyed the interviews.

Comment

• I'm gonna miss his tea the most.
            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• https://deadline.com/2020/03/roscoe-...pe-1202876441/

Actor Roscoe Born, whose soap opera career spanned more than three decades and included major roles on such popular daytime series as The Young and The Restless, All My Children, One Life To Live and Ryan’s Hope, died Tuesday, March 3. He was 69.

His death was announced by friend and business partner Deanna Lynne. A cause of death was not given.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

I didn't realize he was that old. I always enjoyed the interviews.
                I was honestly agapsed when I learned his real age. He felt just so much younger anytime he gave an interview.

Comment

• RIP to an acting great.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51803195

Actor Max Von Sydow, who appeared in films and TV series including The Exorcist, Flash Gordon and Game of Thrones, has died at the age of 90.

His family announced "with a broken heart and infinite sadness" that the Swedish-born actor died on Sunday.

Von Sydow's other film credits included Hannah and Her Sisters, The Seventh Seal and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                    RIP to an acting great.
                    Actor Max Von Sydow, who appeared in films and TV series including The Exorcist, Flash Gordon and Game of Thrones, has died at the age of 90.
                    My mother just sent this to me. A true classic.

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                    RHis family announced "with a broken heart and infinite sadness" that the Swedish-born actor died on Sunday. Von Sydow's other film credits included Hannah and Her Sisters, The Seventh Seal and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
                    Good gravey, the writer who put Force Awakens in the same sentence with a Bergman film should be shot.

Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 03-09-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Goddamn, MVS was a legend. Surprised he didn't pass away ages ago, he looked old even in The Exorcist and that was in the '70s.

Gonna have to check out Seventh Seal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                        Goddamn, MVS was a legend. Surprised he didn't pass away ages ago, he looked old even in The Exorcist and that was in the '70s.
                        Well, he was only 44 in Exorcist. Dick Smith had him in old man makeup to play a septuagenarian, which is just a testament to his acting and desirability that they'd bother.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                        Gonna have to check out Seventh Seal.
                        Definitely, but it's a slow-burn. It's mostly talk (philosophical about the nature of life and death) and that will bw in subtitles unless you're fluent in Swedish. If you're looking for a more exciting collaboration with Bergman and something your dad might be more willing to try, check out The Virgin Spring, which was based on a folk tale and itself became the basis for Last House on the Left (very loosely).

Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 03-09-2020, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• https://variety.com/2020/legit/peopl...nd-1203527453/

Mart Crowley, the trailblazing playwright behind “The Boys in the Band,” died of complications from a heart attack, according to the New York Times. He was 84.

“The Boys in the Band,” a play about a group of gay men who gather for a birthday party in New York, was heralded for revolutionizing how gay men were seen on stage and in popular culture when it debuted off-Broadway in April of 1968.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            Definitely, but it's a slow-burn. It's mostly talk (philosophical about the nature of life and death) and that will bw in subtitles unless you're fluent in Swedish. If you're looking for a more exciting collaboration with Bergman and something your dad might be more willing to try, check out The Virgin Spring, which was based on a folk tale and itself became the basis for Last House on the Left (very loosely).
                            My dad's fine with slow burns, he didn't have a huge problem with Lawrence of Arabia or Seven Samurai. He's not overly fond of subs, but he can get by when needed.

Comment

• Allen Bellman, Golden Age Marvel artist, dead at 95

Comment

• https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ituary-951781/

Genesis P-Orridge, founding member of the pioneering industrial music group Throbbing Gristle and experimental unit Psychic TV, has died at the age of 70, P-Orridge’s manager Ryan Martin confirmed to Rolling Stone.

P-Orridge, who identified as “s/he” and “he/r,” died early Saturday after battling leukemia for over two years, he/r daughters said in a statement; in October 2017, P-Orridge revealed a chronic myelomonocytic leukemia diagnosis that forced the cancellation a planned European tour.

Comment

Working...
                                X