Mister.Weirdo's Memorial Thread For Those Who Will NOT Be Down For Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.today.com/news/willard-scott-dead-t152927

Willard Scott — the legendary TODAY weatherman known for his exuberant personality and launching the tradition of celebrating fans who reached the century mark — died this morning, TODAY's Al Roker has confirmed. Scott was 87 years old.

"We lost a beloved member of our @todayshow family this morning," Roker shared on Instagram. "Willard Scott passed peacefully at the age of 87 surrounded by family, including his daughters Sally and Mary and his lovely wife, Paris. He was truly my second dad and am where I am today because of his generous spirit. Willard was a man of his times, the ultimate broadcaster. There will never be anyone quite like him."

Comment

• https://news.yahoo.com/sarah-harding...hssrp_catchall

Tributes are pouring in for Girls Aloud star Sarah Harding, who has died aged 39.

The singer, who performed with the “Sound of the Underground” band between 2002 and 2013, announced last August that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer.

In March, she said that Christmas 2020 was “probably my last” after the cancer spread to her spine.

Harding died on Sunday (5 September) morning, her mother Marie announced on Instagram this afternoon.

“It’s with deep heartbreak that today I’m sharing the news that my beautiful daughter Sarah has sadly passed away,” Marie wrote.

Comment

• https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/11...odorakis-dies/

Greek veteran composer and political activist Mikis Theodorakis, who was instrumental in raising global awareness of Greece’s plight during the 1967-74 military dictatorship, has died at the age of 96.

Born on the island of Chios, on 29 July 1925, he studied music in Athens and later Paris.

His work ranges from rousing songs based on major Greek poetic works, many of which remain left-wing anthems for decades, to symphonies and film scores.

Comment

• https://news.yahoo.com/french-film-g...hssrp_catchall

Jean-Paul Belmondo's battered face, laconic style and roguish smile captured the imagination of French 1960s youth.

Belmondo, who has died at his Paris home aged 88, was the cool rebel of the new wave of French cinema typified in Jean-Luc Godard's 1960 film classic, A Bout de Souffle.

His moody performance as a doomed thief and Humphrey Bogart fan struck a chord and saw him dubbed the Gallic James Dean.

Later, he forsook arts cinema to become a highly bankable commercial actor, as at home in comedy as in drama.

Jean-Paul Belmondo was born in Neuilly-sur-Seine, a suburb of Paris on 9 Apr 1933, the son of Paul Belmondo, a sculptor whose statues grace many a Parisian park.

Comment

• ^I liked him in Le Professionel.

Comment

• Terrible news. God I loved him as Omar.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/06/actor-...ium=SocialFlow

“The Wire’’ actor Michael K. Williams was found dead of a suspected drug overdose in his Brooklyn penthouse Monday afternoon, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

Drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment, suggesting the 54-year-old TV star may fatally OD’d, possibly from heroin or fentanyl, sources said.

“No foul play indicated,” a police source said. “No forced entry, the apartment was in order.”

Williams was found dead by his nephew in the living room of his Kent Avenue pad in the luxury Williamsburg high-rise, sources said.

The Flatbush native was famous for his role as Omar Little in the gritty TV series “The Wire’’ and as Chalky White in “Boardwalk Empire.’’

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/07/u...n-3d-dead.html

Adlai E. Stevenson III, a scion of generations of Illinois Democrats, who shared the names and presidential ambitions of his father and great-grandfather but not their political successes, serving a decade in the Senate and losing two races for governor, died on Monday at his home in Chicago. He was 90.

The cause was Lewy body disease, his wife, Nancy Anderson, said. His son Adlai Stevenson IV told The Associated Press that his father had dementia.

In a family with a bad case of hereditary politics, as his father once put it, Mr. Stevenson III hardly rivaled the original Adlai E. Stevenson, Grover Cleveland’s 1890s vice president, or Adlai E. Stevenson II, the eloquent Illinois governor (1949-53), who won his party’s presidential nominations in 1952 and 1956 but lost the White House both times to the Republican, Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Comment

• https://deadline.com/2021/09/michael...ry-1234829301/

Michael Constantine, whose long career produced an Emmy award and many memorable turns as a character actor, died Aug. 31 at his Reading, Mass. home. He was 94 and died from natural causes, his agent, Julia Buchwald, confirmed.

Constantine was best known as the fruit and Windex-obsessed father Gus Portokalos in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, an indie film that rose out of nowhere to become a smash hit. It spawned a sequel and a third version was in the planning stages, this time set in Greece.,

The original film from 2002 scored more than $360 million worldwide, becoming one of the highest-grossing romantic comedies of all-time.

But Constantine had a long career before that breakout hit. He was the school principal on the popular TV series Room 222. The role of Seymour Kaufman was a key to the show, which ran on ABC-TV from 1969 to 1974. He won an Emmy for the role in 1970.

Comment

• https://www.brooklynvegan.com/the-ma...san-anway-rip/

Susan Anway, who sang lead vocals on the first two Magnetic Fields albums -- 1991's Distant Plastic Trees and 1992's The Wayward Bus -- has passed away. The band broke the news on social media, writing:

It is with great sadness that we hear of the death of our first singer, Susan Anway. We met Susan in the 80's in Boston, when she was the singer of a local band, "V;". She sang lead vocals on the first two Magnetic Fields albums, "The Wayward Bus" and "Distant Plastic Trees". She was a lovely person and will be missed by all of us.

Rest in peace, Susan.

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• A day to remember and forget, really.

Comment

• HOLY SHIT!!! I had no idea he was so ill. He was always one of the best things about SNL in the mid 1990s, and I enjoyed his cameos anytime he showed up in a Sandler film. RIP Mr. MacDonald!

https://deadline.com/2021/09/norm-ma...61-1234833212/

Norm Macdonald, whose laconic delivery of sharp and incisive observations made him one of Saturday Night Live‘s most influential and beloved cast members, died today after a nine-year private battle with cancer. He was 61.

Macdonald’s death was announced to Deadline by his management firm Brillstein Entertainment. The comedian’s longtime producing partner and friend Lori Jo Hoekstra, who was with him when died, said Macdonald had been battling cancer for nearly a decade but was determined to keep his health struggles private, away from family, friends and fans.

“He was most proud of his comedy,” Hoekstra said. “He never wanted the diagnosis to affect the way the audience or any of his loved ones saw him. Norm was a pure comic. He once wrote that ‘a joke should catch someone by surprise, it should never pander.’ He certainly never pandered. Norm will be missed terribly.”

Comment

• https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...er-1235013482/

Fran Bennett, a veteran actress who taught voice and acting at CalArts for 36 years, died over the weekend, the school announced. She was 84.

Known for her booming voice, Bennett was a member of the Linklater Voice faculty at CalArts from 1978 until her retirement in 2014. She also served as head of acting and director of performance from 1996 to 2003.

“Fran’s voice was unmistakable. She never shied away from using it. And she taught so many throughout the years to find and free their own,” Dean Travis Preston of the CalArts School of Theater said in a statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                              HOLY SHIT!!! I had no idea he was so ill. He was always one of the best things about SNL in the mid 1990s, and I enjoyed his cameos anytime he showed up in a Sandler film. RIP Mr. MacDonald!

https://deadline.com/2021/09/norm-ma...61-1234833212/

Norm Macdonald, whose laconic delivery of sharp and incisive observations made him one of Saturday Night Live‘s most influential and beloved cast members, died today after a nine-year private battle with cancer. He was 61.

Macdonald’s death was announced to Deadline by his management firm Brillstein Entertainment. The comedian’s longtime producing partner and friend Lori Jo Hoekstra, who was with him when died, said Macdonald had been battling cancer for nearly a decade but was determined to keep his health struggles private, away from family, friends and fans.

“He was most proud of his comedy,” Hoekstra said. “He never wanted the diagnosis to affect the way the audience or any of his loved ones saw him. Norm was a pure comic. He once wrote that ‘a joke should catch someone by surprise, it should never pander.’ He certainly never pandered. Norm will be missed terribly.”
                              God this hurts to hear. I loved him in Dirty Work with Artie Lang.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• ^I remember when Howard Stern was on Saturday Night Live, dropped the scripted bit entirely and called Norm the last funny one left on the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X