• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    Norm was the best thing on SNL, when they wrongly fired him i was done and turned them off........... RIP Norm

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    ^I remember when Howard Stern was on Saturday Night Live, dropped the scripted bit entirely and called Norm the last funny one left on the show.

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
    HOLY SHIT!!! I had no idea he was so ill. He was always one of the best things about SNL in the mid 1990s, and I enjoyed his cameos anytime he showed up in a Sandler film. RIP Mr. MacDonald!

https://deadline.com/2021/09/norm-ma...61-1234833212/

Norm Macdonald, whose laconic delivery of sharp and incisive observations made him one of Saturday Night Live‘s most influential and beloved cast members, died today after a nine-year private battle with cancer. He was 61.

Macdonald’s death was announced to Deadline by his management firm Brillstein Entertainment. The comedian’s longtime producing partner and friend Lori Jo Hoekstra, who was with him when died, said Macdonald had been battling cancer for nearly a decade but was determined to keep his health struggles private, away from family, friends and fans.

“He was most proud of his comedy,” Hoekstra said. “He never wanted the diagnosis to affect the way the audience or any of his loved ones saw him. Norm was a pure comic. He once wrote that ‘a joke should catch someone by surprise, it should never pander.’ He certainly never pandered. Norm will be missed terribly.”
    God this hurts to hear. I loved him in Dirty Work with Artie Lang.

Leave a comment:

• Mister.Weirdo
    Guardian of the Universe

• Mister.Weirdo
    replied
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...er-1235013482/

Fran Bennett, a veteran actress who taught voice and acting at CalArts for 36 years, died over the weekend, the school announced. She was 84.

Known for her booming voice, Bennett was a member of the Linklater Voice faculty at CalArts from 1978 until her retirement in 2014. She also served as head of acting and director of performance from 1996 to 2003.

“Fran’s voice was unmistakable. She never shied away from using it. And she taught so many throughout the years to find and free their own,” Dean Travis Preston of the CalArts School of Theater said in a statement.

Leave a comment:

• Mister.Weirdo
    Guardian of the Universe

• Mister.Weirdo
    replied
    HOLY SHIT!!! I had no idea he was so ill. He was always one of the best things about SNL in the mid 1990s, and I enjoyed his cameos anytime he showed up in a Sandler film. RIP Mr. MacDonald!

https://deadline.com/2021/09/norm-ma...61-1234833212/

Norm Macdonald, whose laconic delivery of sharp and incisive observations made him one of Saturday Night Live‘s most influential and beloved cast members, died today after a nine-year private battle with cancer. He was 61.

Macdonald’s death was announced to Deadline by his management firm Brillstein Entertainment. The comedian’s longtime producing partner and friend Lori Jo Hoekstra, who was with him when died, said Macdonald had been battling cancer for nearly a decade but was determined to keep his health struggles private, away from family, friends and fans.

“He was most proud of his comedy,” Hoekstra said. “He never wanted the diagnosis to affect the way the audience or any of his loved ones saw him. Norm was a pure comic. He once wrote that ‘a joke should catch someone by surprise, it should never pander.’ He certainly never pandered. Norm will be missed terribly.”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X