No announcement yet.

Mister.Weirdo's Memorial Thread For Those Who Will NOT Be Down For Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clu was also known in horror circles because of being in Return of the Living Dead, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2, and Feast.

Clu-Gulager.jpg

Comment

• https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/07/magnu...did=social-twa

Roger E. Mosley -- famous from 'Magnum P.I.,' among other shows -- has died.

The veteran actor passed away peacefully early Sunday morning at his home surrounded by family and loved ones ... this according to his daughter, Ch-a, who posted a tribute to her dad while announcing the sad news.

Comment

• https://apnews.com/article/david-mcc...source=Twitter

David McCullough, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author whose lovingly crafted narratives on subjects ranging from the Brooklyn Bridge to Presidents John Adams and Harry Truman made him among the most popular and influential historians of his time, has died. He was 89.

McCullough died Sunday in Hingham, Massachusetts, according to his publisher, Simon & Schuster. He died less than two months after his beloved wife, Rosalee.

“David McCullough was a national treasure. His books brought history to life for millions of readers. Through his biographies, he dramatically illustrated the most ennobling parts of the American character,” Simon & Schuster CEO Jonathan Karp said in a statement.

Comment

• https://pitchfork.com/news/olivia-ne..._medium=social

Olivia Newton-John has died, according to a statement from her husband posted to her official Facebook and Instagram pages. The venerable Australian singer-songwriter and actor, whose decades-long career resulted in over 100 million albums sold, passed away at her ranch in Southern California on Monday morning (August 8). She died due to undisclosed causes. Newton-John was 73 years old.

Newton-John’s death follows a battle with breast cancer. She was initially diagnosed with the disease in the early 1990s. She fought multiple rounds of the disease, which returned in 2013 and 2017, when Newton-John announced that it had also spread to her back and into her bones. Throughout, she remained active and outspoken about her illness, founding the Olivia Newton-John Cancer & Wellness Centre (ONJCWC) in the process.

Newton-John’s career began at an early age. After being part of various musical groups from the age of 15, she released her debut U.S. album Let Me Be There in 1973, with the title track marking her first American top ten single. Her career skyrocketed in 1978, when she was cast as Sandy, the female lead alongside John Travolta’s Danny in Grease. The role made Newton-John a household name. Her most successful album, Physical, would follow in 1981. The pinnacle of her solo career, Physical was a video album, and won the Grammy Award for Video of the Year.

Comment

• I just heard about Olivia Newton John. Man what a bummer. I absolutely ADORE Grease and her performance in it.

Comment

• Heard the news . Shame
              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• I would've watched Grease, but I only have it on VHS and my last VCR broke. R.I.P.
                I've seen Xanadu too, but it's not a favorite.

tenor.png
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 08-08-2022, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• d@mn now a sex symbol from my childhood is gone too RIP Ms. Olivia RIP

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/09/a...imes&smtyp=cur

Lamont Dozier, the prolific songwriter and producer who was crucial to the success of Motown Records as one-third of the Holland-Dozier-Holland team, died on Monday at his home near Scottsdale, Ariz. He was 81.

Robin Terry, the chairwoman and chief executive of the Motown Museum in Detroit, confirmed the death but did not specify a cause.

In collaboration with the brothers Brian and Eddie Holland, Mr. Dozier wrote songs for dozens of musical acts, but the trio worked most often with Martha and the Vandellas (“Heat Wave,” “Jimmy Mack”), the Four Tops (“Bernadette,” “I Can’t Help Myself”) and especially the Supremes (“You Can’t Hurry Love,” “Baby Love”). Between 1963 and 1972, the Holland-Dozier-Holland team was responsible for more than 80 singles that hit the Top 40 of the pop or R&B charts, including 15 songs that reached No. 1. “It was as if we were playing the lottery and winning every time,” Mr. Dozier wrote in his autobiography, “How Sweet It Is” (2019, written with Scott B. Bomar).

Comment

• https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Co...ars-Old-187656

Gene LeBell, a man who is widely credited for making grappling a popular discipline in combat sports, has died at age 89.

Lebell was a beloved figure in the martial arts world, and his reach extended to multiple arenas, including judo, mixed martial arts, professional wrestling and as a Hollywood stuntman. He won won the heavyweight and overall Amateur Athletic Union National Judo Championships in 1954 and 1955 before eventually transitioning to professional wrestling.

Comment

• I know we're past it, but there's what Travolta said about ONJ on his Instagram:

"My dearest Olivia, you made all of our lives so much better. Your impact was incredible. I love you so much. We will see you down the road and we will all be together again. Yours from the first moment I saw you and forever! Your Danny, your John!”

olivia-newton-john.jpg
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 08-11-2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Incredibly sad. https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...x=1660326473-1 The US actor Anne Heche has died, a week after she was critically injured in a car crash, a friend has said in an Instagram post. Nancy Davis wrote on Instagram: “Heaven has a new Angel. My loving, kind, fun, endearing and beautiful friend @anneheche went to heaven. I will miss her terribly and cherish all the beautiful memories we have shared. “Anne was always the kindest, most thoughtful person who always brought out the best in me … My heart is broken.” It was announced earlier in the day Heche would be taken off of life support. Heche was 53 and had two sons.

Comment

• Actor and comedian Teddy Ray dies in Southern California (msn.com)

RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. (AP) — Teddy Ray, a comedian and actor who appeared on the HBO Max series “PAUSE with Sam Jay,” has died, authorities confirmed on Saturday. He was 32.

The Riverside County Sheriff's Office and the county's coroner's office confirmed that the death of the comedian, whose legal name was Theadore Brown, was reported Friday morning in the desert community of Rancho Mirage, the Los Angeles Times reported. Sheriff's Sgt. Brandi Swan, who said deputies responded to a call about the death at a private residence, said that the cause of death was unknown.

Entertainment companies and some of Ray's fellow comedians reacted with sadness to the news of Ray's death.

“Teddy Ray was a hilarious and beloved performer,” TV network Comedy Central said in a Twitter statement. “He'll be deeply missed by the entire comedy community.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                              Incredibly sad. https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...x=1660326473-1 The US actor Anne Heche has died, a week after she was critically injured in a car crash, a friend has said in an Instagram post. Nancy Davis wrote on Instagram: “Heaven has a new Angel. My loving, kind, fun, endearing and beautiful friend @anneheche went to heaven. I will miss her terribly and cherish all the beautiful memories we have shared. “Anne was always the kindest, most thoughtful person who always brought out the best in me … My heart is broken.” It was announced earlier in the day Heche would be taken off of life support. Heche was 53 and had two sons.
                              DMN was really hoping she'd pull through

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...re-1235198640/

Denise Dowse, the busy character actress who portrayed Vice Principal Yvonne Teasley on Beverly Hills, 90210, Judge Rebecca Damsen on The Guardian and therapist Rhonda Pine on Insecure, has died. She was 64.

Dowse’s passing was announced Saturday on her Instagram account by older sister Tracey Dowse, who praised her sibling as “the most amazing sister, a consummate, illustrious actress, mentor and director. She was my very best friend and final family member.”

On Aug. 7, Tracey wrote on Instagram that her younger sister was hospitalized and in a coma brought on by a “virulent form of meningitis.”

On the big screen, Denise Dowse stood out as Ray Charles’ manager Marlene André in Ray (2004), starring Oscar winner Jamie Foxx, and she played another principal, this one based on a real-life educator at Richmond (California) High School, in Coach Carter (2005), starring Samuel L. Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                                X