The Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i love mick foley and the meme's he does

.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
      Most of the wrestlers there don't get to write their own promos anyway.
      I know. But Vince personally was writing his.

The rock has his own writer for his promos.

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        maybe im reading to much into this but ill ask anyways. do you really believe im that stupid? of course thats the case
        I was just responding to your comment that it had too many members.

Comment

• i really hope this is in chicago

Morning Report: Lorenzo Fertitta says CM Punk will face 'a competitive guy MMA media will know'

In a bit of a contradiction to statements made by UFC president Dana White, CEO Lorenzo Fertitta says professional wrestler CM Punk will make his promotional debut against someone of note.

"I think it has to be somebody with some level of credentials," Fertitta told Brett Okamoto of ESPN.com. "It's not just going to be some guy off the street. It's going to be somebody who is a professional mixed martial artist -- certainly somebody who MMA media will recognize and know."

Ideas on Punk's debut opponent have ranged from veteran fighters already on the UFC's roster to up-and-comers without Wikipedia pages, but Fertitta admits that 'most likely' we'll see something closer to the later.

"But I'm going to defer to Joe Silva," Fertitta said. "We'll let him bring two to three names to the table and we'll figure it out from there. But I guarantee you it will be a competitive guy."

Fertitta certainly hasn't been caught off guard by criticisms of the promotion signing a 36-year-old man with no competitive background, but considers the move to be 'fighter development.'

"We knew there was going to be backlash," Fertitta said. "At the end of the day, we did our research and we talked to the people he's trained with. We're going to find out what he can bring to the table. We're confident he has the skills to fight. We don't know exactly what level yet. Sometimes, you've got to invest in what we call 'fighter development.' We've done it before and guys have developed into very competitive fighters, and we've done it where guys have not."

source

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/28...-diaz-mma-news

Comment

• This is the funniest thing I've seen in wrestling. I'm surprised that Orton couldn't just BS and ad lib his way through his promo. Shaemus' expression is priceless!

+ YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

BTW, Raw was great! It was a free PPV for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
              This is the funniest thing I've seen in wrestling. I'm surprised that Orton couldn't just BS and ad lib his way through his promo. Shaemus' expression is priceless!

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

BTW, Raw was great! It was a free PPV for me!
              i thought it was canceled to do the snowpacalypse?

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                i thought it was canceled to do the snowpacalypse?
                It was, sort of. That clip was from an old show, but became the topic of choice because of how bad Roman Reigns is on the mic.

They ended up showing the Royal Rumble PPV along with a bunch of interviews instead of having a live show. Paul Heyman is great!

I couldn't believe that the fans were booing Reigns every time he did something; it's like the results were leaked before the show... or they were pissed off because Daniel Bryan didn't win the RR.

Comment

• I'll say this about the Royal Rumble.

I agree that people knowing Reigns was pegged to be the win. I was honestly shocked that people booed him I thought people loved him?

Either way, while I agree that most of the initial bitching started with the early elimination of DB (which I was shocked that he was gone so early) but I will say that after the elimination WWE did themselves no favors.

Until Ambrose (who I personally don't understand the love) and Ziggler came out. Then they make it worse by having Kane and Big Show be the final three with Reigns.

So yes this Royal Rumble was pretty terrible at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                    It was, sort of. That clip was from an old show, but became the topic of choice because of how bad Roman Reigns is on the mic.

They ended up showing the Royal Rumble PPV along with a bunch of interviews instead of having a live show. Paul Heyman is great!

I couldn't believe that the fans were booing Reigns every time he did something; it's like the results were leaked before the show... or they were pissed off because Daniel Bryan didn't win the RR.
                    oh if you think the crowd was bad. read the news i posted a page or 2 back on how fans attacked the usos car in the lot preventing stars from leaving.

personaly im fine with reigns but bryan should have been the one to put him over not big slow and kane. i think the fans would have been fine with that instead of eliminating bryan so early

Comment

• + YouTube Video

I thought this was pretty funny. It's meant to be satire so just go with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                        + YouTube Video

I thought this was pretty funny. It's meant to be satire so just go with it.
                        Loved this video....this is exactly what wrestling is today.

Comment

• A suplex is a throw?

I had no idea!

Comment

• hhh vs sting at fast lane. id prefer it they saved it for mania but whatever

Comment

• I'm pretty sure it's not a match. They keep saying he confronts him. It'll be an in ring segment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                                I'm pretty sure it's not a match. They keep saying he confronts him. It'll be an in ring segment.
                                if thats the case then that is disapointing. i know we all wanted taker vs sting but with the way taker looks im ok with hhh vs sting

i mean in reality how much more can taker go before he honestly croaks in the ring? im also suprisd sting is in the good shape he is in because he is older than taker

Comment

Working...
                                X