No announcement yet.

The Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to see a man die. The story is sad enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
      I don't want to see a man die. The story is sad enough.
      ive seen worse 3 weeks ago...................... and let me just say i regret watching what i saw long story short i saw one of the isis beheadings and let me tell you i cant get that sound out of my head.
      TazzMission
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by TazzMission; 03-22-2015, 06:43 AM.
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Does anyone see a heel turn for Roman Reigns at Mania? I think he may end up becoming a Paul Heyman guy. All the seeds and clues are there, especially after Heyman's promo yesterday that had Lesnar standing there with a quizzical look on his face.

Comment

• i hope its long term as far as a shedule go's and not this 4 time a year crap

Michelle Beadle interviewed WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar on ESPN Sportscenter today.

Lesnar revealed that he will be staying with WWE and that he re-signed with the company last night. He noted that it was an offer that he couldn't refuse. He said that his legacy in the Octagon is over, but his professional wrestling career is not.

Lesnar said that it was a very hard decision, and that while "the fighter inside of him wants to compete," but that he's an older caveman.

More shortly...
          TazzMission
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by TazzMission; 03-24-2015, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• A big problem with wrestling now is that you can't get guys off the stage for a while. In the old days there were territories that wrestlers moved between, and the shows were taped and broadcast locally. When someone got stale in one area, he went to a different promotion. Sometimes it would be a few years before he came back.

Andre the Giant is a good example of that. He never stayed anywhere for longer than a few months because he was so overgrown that he really couldn't wrestle, and he would have gotten overexposed in any area fast.

There's no way to get a guy out of sight for a while now. If you got sick of seeing John Cena and Triple H never lose a match on television for five straight years, the only way you could stop seeing that was to stop watching WWE. And that's what a lot of people did.

Comment

• Another thing is that many guys who back then could have had good long careers through being moved around will now simply get released.

Comment

• funny how vince never viewed them ( mma) as competition. theres videos online of him saying such a thing

WWE Officially Announces Partnership With TapOut, Vince McMahon Comments

WWE sent us the following this morning:

ABG AND WWEŽ LAUNCH TAPOUT™ JOINT VENTURE

NEW YORK AND STAMFORD, CONN., March 25, 2015 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) and Authentic Brands Group, LLC (ABG) today announced a joint venture for Tapout™, a newly repositioned fitness lifestyle brand. Tapout™ is now the official fitness and training partner of WWE, and will be integrated across WWE's global platforms including TV programming, WWE Network, pay-per-view broadcasts, live events, digital, and social media.

"Tapout was ABG's first acquisition and it continues to be a global brand with strong sales and blue chip partners all over the world. We have a very strong commitment to the brand's ongoing success," said Jamie Salter, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ABG. "WWE is a media and entertainment force and we are excited to partner with them on Tapout's future growth."

"WWE is always looking for new opportunities to partner with best-in-class organizations, develop new products for our fans and drive shareholder value," said WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon. "This joint venture aligns with our strategic approach, and we look forward to building the Tapout brand."

As part of this strategic partnership, WWE will create new content featuring its Superstars and Divas in Tapout™ apparel and market the brand across all platforms. Tapout™ branding will also be featured at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, and all performers, trainers, and staff will be outfitted in Tapout™ workout apparel.

"WWE's expansive reach provides a global platform to broaden Tapout's presence and consumer base," said Nick Woodhouse, President and Chief Marketing Officer of ABG. "This is a powerhouse pairing given the synergy between Tapout's brand promise to be the premiere hard-body fitness brand, and WWE's commitment to training and fitness."

"Combining ABG's strengths in retail brand development, licensing and distribution with WWE's marketing expertise, global reach and passionate fan base, makes for a powerful partnership," said Michelle D. Wilson, WWE Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer. "The Tapout brand will enable us to expand into new product categories and further grow our current $1 billion consumer product retail business."

The next generation of Tapout preserves the original brand essence and drives a hard-body, fitness-centric message positioned around motivation, discipline and determination. An all new line of men's and women's performance apparel and accessories will launch at retail in Spring 2016. New Tapout™ branding and packaging will roll out in key categories throughout 2015 starting with beverages, supplements and fitness centers.

Comment

• They aren't competition per say like a different league because it's a different sport.

It is competition when it comes to ratings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                    They aren't competition per say like a different league because it's a different sport.

It is competition when it comes to ratings.
                    honestly i think the reason why wwe decided to go this route is because they lost both del rio and punk to mma wich wwe now has new contracts stating any talent who leaves wwe cant compete in mma for one full year wich i find pretty damn ignorant honestly

i mean shit man 5 years ago wwe wouldnt even look at tap out as a brand and yet here we are now

mma is a huge global sport and i think mcmahon is a we bit worried that mma is competing with his sports entertainment in a sense of who has become bigger

i like mma but i do get bored when i see 2 dudes rolling around for 2 rounds. i prefer stand up fighting if anything

Comment

• Del Rio isn't doing mma yet.

And it's just to put some picture on some tshirts and shorts.

Don't over think it. Things like this are in play long before wrestlers suddenly jump sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                        Del Rio isn't doing mma yet.

And it's just to put some picture on some tshirts and shorts.

Don't over think it. Things like this are in play long before wrestlers suddenly jump sports.
                        well in that case i know hardcore mma fans will be having a huge pissy fit.

i know 2 people in mma one in bellator the other in ufc so im really curious to get there take on it

Comment

• I finally broke and got the WWE Network

It's a'ight

Comment

• I don't think I'll ever mark out for the end of a match like I did at the end of Armageddon 2008 again

Comment

• heads up bray wyatt is reportedly injured..... word is sprained ankle

Comment

• So does anyone disagree Sting v HHH is the match of the night and a match of they year candidate?

Comment

Working...
                                X