The Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    But at least he held the belt for years. You can argue that he's overrated, but Hogan was a major part of what revitalized the WWF (of course it served him just as much). He definitely had a lot to do with my fandom as a kid.
    believe it or not i always favored warrior as a kid. the whole look was just awesome hulk hogan just never appealed to me as a kid.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Snuka earned his spot. He was a big character for a long time and intergral to that time period. I remember recently someone was just saying that Snuka did about 40 cage matches in a month. That's ridiculous! The 80s didnt have the best wrestling and because the guy is likely a murderer doesn't diminish his ability just his legacy.

Benoit is deserving of a spot but his actions took him out of that. Same with Snuka. You guys have to watch some more Jimmy Hart too. That guy was everywhere. He's attached to like a billion wrestlers.
      W.West
      Last edited by W.West; 09-04-2015, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        believe it or not i always favored warrior as a kid. the whole look was just awesome hulk hogan just never appealed to me as a kid.
        I was already a Hulk fan for years when the Warrior debuted and although I still believed it was at least partly "real" at the time, I could still see UW was being positioned to be the hot new thing and I resented it as a Hulkster. I've come to appreciate his showmanship since then, but at the time, the Ultimate Warrior was just some upstart to me seeking to eclipse the hero Hogan.

Originally posted by W.West View Post
        Snuka earned his spot. He was a big character for a long time and intergral to that time period. I remember recently someone was just saying that Snuka did about 40 cage matches in a month. That's ridiculous! The 80s didnt have the best wrestling and because the guy is likely a murderer doesn't diminish his ability just his legacy.

Benoit is deserving of a spot but his actions took him out of that. Same with Snuka. You guys have to watch some more Jimmy Hart too. That guy was everywhere. He's attached to like a billion wrestlers.
        Yeah, I don't even mean to suggest that they don't belong there, just that IF the hall is going to include people like Jimmy Hart, certainly Snuka and Hogan (though Tazz is probably the only one who would argue against Hogan's original inclusion here) belong there too. But I see now even the Bush Whackers are in, so it seems to me that if I can still name a wrestler from the 80s, they've already been inducted (and perhaps removed for whatever unPC mistake they've made).

Comment

• Snuka deserved to be in the HOF. No question. Just diving off the top of the cage would have gotten him in, but he did more than that.

Yes, when you look at tapes of Hogan now you wonder why in the hell he was so popular. He telegraphed his moves, he was corny, and all he did was throw punches and finish guys off with that ridiculous leg drop, which hurt his ass much more than it did his opponent's chest. He looked old when he was 30, and he kept wrestling until he was 60. And every interview with him was the same -- "Well ya know somethin' Mean Gene..." . But for 15 years he was by far the biggest draw in the industry. For him not to be in the HOF would have been silly.

Comment

• Re Hogan: Wrestling was marketed to kids in those days, and I think Hogan's size, his intensity and his growly voice made a big impression on kids.

Comment

• If Snuka really has dementia, he might be incompetent to stand trial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foghorn Lantern View Post
                If Snuka really has dementia, he might be incompetent to stand trial.
                hes 72 and with cancer.... i really dont see them locking him up and throwing away the key. just because hes in remission dosent mean its gone . at best he has at least a year to live

Comment

• looks like farrooq dlo and mustafa are in there nation of domination getup

IGN has revealed another round of Superstars for the upcoming WWE 2K15 video game and the entrance video for Dude Love. Here they are with the updated roster:

Billy Gunn, Bret Hart, The British Bulldog, Cactus Jack, Christian, Damien Sandow, Dude Love, D-Lo Brown, Farooq, Haku, The Honky Tonk Man, Jake Roberts, Jim Neidhart, Kama Mustafa, Ken Shamrock, Mankind, Paul Wight, Rikishi, Shane McMahon, Shawn Michaels, Vader, Vince McMahon, X-Pac

updated roster list

* Billy Gunn
                  * Bret Hart
                  * The British Bulldog
                  * Cactus Jack
                  * Christian
                  * Damien Sandow
                  * Dude Love
                  * D-Lo Brown
                  * Farooq
                  * Haku
                  * The Honky Tonk Man
                  * Jake Roberts
                  * Jim Neidhart
                  * Kama Mustafa
                  * Ken Shamrock
                  * Mankind
                  * Paul Wight
                  * Rikishi
                  * Shane McMahon
                  * Shawn Michaels
                  * Vader
                  * Vince McMahon
                  * X-Pac
                  * Aiden English
                  * Batista
                  * Chris Jericho
                  * Curtis Axel
                  * Dean Ambrose
                  * Edge
                  * Erick Rowan
                  * Fandango
                  * JBL
                  * Luke Harper
                  * Randy Savage
                  * Natalya
                  * Rick Rude
                  * R-Truth
                  * Ryback
                  * Santino Marella
                  * Sgt. Slaughter
                  * Simon Gotch
                  * The Undertaker
                  * Diamond Dallas Page
                  * Alicia Fox
                  * Cesaro
                  * Tyson Kidd
                  * Cameron
                  * Big Show
                  * Bam Bam Bigelow
                  * Darren Young
                  * Dolph Ziggler
                  * Finlay
                  * Layla
                  * Kevin Nash
                  * Lex Luger
                  * The Miz
                  * Naomi
                  * Randy Orton
                  * Sheamus
                  * Titus O'Neil
                  * Adam Rose
                  * Neville
                  * Bo Dallas
                  * Brie Bella
                  * Brock Lesnar
                  * Goldust
                  * Heath Slater
                  * Hideo Itami
                  * Jack Swagger
                  * Kevin Owens
                  * Nikki Bella
                  * Ric Flair
                  * Sami Zayn
                  * Roman Reigns
                  * Stardust
                  * Sting
                  * Tyler Breeze
                  * The Ultimate Warrior
                  * Zack Ryder
                  * Booker T
                  * Colonel Mustafa
                  * Emma
                  * Eva Marie
                  * General Adnan
                  * Kalisto
                  * Kane
                  * Lord Steven Regal
                  * Sin Cara
                  * Summer Rae
                  * Tamina Snuka
                  * Triple H
                  * Steve Austin
                  * Seth Rollins
                  * Daniel Bryan
                  * Dean Ambrose
                  * Bad News Barrett
                  * Paige
                  * Finn Balor
                  * Alexa Bliss
                  * The Rock
                  * Andre the Giant
                  TazzMission
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by TazzMission; 09-07-2015, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• It's all TNAs fault I'll never be able to play as my favorite wrassler again.

Stupid TNA

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                      It's all TNAs fault I'll never be able to play as my favorite wrassler again.

Stupid TNA
                      huh?

Comment

• Kurt Angle

Comment

• It's true it's true

Comment

• I'd say it's more angles fault for being so doped up on pain pills his last run in wwe than tna fault.

Angle was a trainwreck when he left wwe and I'm surprised he isn't dead.

Comment

• Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNetwork.com, below is the cover art for WWE's "Owen: Hart of Gold" DVD and Blu-ray that comes out on December 8th

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post

Angle was a trainwreck when he left wwe and I'm surprised he isn't dead.
                                theres a lot of guys who i see that will pretty much die in the ring. angles only one of many .

Comment

Working...
                                X