Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I haven't been watching it, but Vince has never known what to do with a guy who he's promoted as an unstoppable force. If the guy is a villain, you spend a long time building up a huge match with a face who is also an unstoppable force. That's where the heel should lose for the first time. Not in some throwaway match.

    One time when Austin walked out on Vince right before a live telecast, it was because Vince wanted him to drop the belt to Lesnar. Austin said he had no problem with that, but doing it as a shock on free television with no buildup was stupid. Austin knew that that should have happened as the main event on a major PPV, but Vince didn't.

    Vince never learns.

    I often wondered why so many people bought Vince's PPVs when you could usually see a better card for free on Raw the next night.
    I just watch highlights because i just cant force myself to watch any wrestling now period. Its just so bad. I know people hate vince russos booking in the past but todays writing makes him look like Steven spielberg
    .................................................. ..........................

    Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      I haven't been watching it, but Vince has never known what to do with a guy who he's promoted as an unstoppable force. If the guy is a villain, you spend a long time building up a huge match with a face who is also an unstoppable force. That's where the heel should lose for the first time. Not in some throwaway match...
      Yep. That's pretty much exactly what they did wrong.

      Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
      I just watch highlights because i just cant force myself to watch any wrestling now period. Its just so bad. I know people hate vince russos booking in the past but todays writing makes him look like Steven spielberg
      I watch too much, but RAW I fast forward until I see a match I feel compelled to watch (like everything with Asuka) or a promo/reveal I suspect (or even heard) is significant. However, in the WWE camp, I watch all of Smackdown, NXT, and NXT UK.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Yep. That's pretty much exactly what they did wrong.



        I watch too much, but RAW I fast forward until I see a match I feel compelled to watch (like everything with Asuka) or a promo/reveal I suspect (or even heard) is significant. However, in the WWE camp, I watch all of Smackdown, NXT, and NXT UK.
        I started watching old wcw ecw . I admit i never watched in the 90s and oblivious to them because i was wwf for life same but man talk about good old days
        .................................................. ..........................

        Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

        Comment


        • When Paul Heyman was running Smackdown and Vince was running Raw, Smackdown was a lot better than Raw. But of course Vince fired Heyman because he always fires the wrong people.

          Jim Cornette said he's taking care of his health because he wants to live long enough to piss on Vince Russo's grave.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
            When Paul Heyman was running Smackdown and Vince was running Raw, Smackdown was a lot better than Raw. But of course Vince fired Heyman because he always fires the wrong people.

            Jim Cornette said he's taking care of his health because he wants to live long enough to piss on Vince Russo's grave.
            One fan got a cameo of his response to the idea of pissing on russos grave on ppv cornette has to be a fun dude irl
            .................................................. ..........................

            Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

            Comment


            • I was debating if i Should say anything but huge star is in talks with aew. I wont say who but this can make aew a lot more interesting
              .................................................. ..........................

              Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

              Comment


              • Cornette is hilarious but he gets too emotional. Some of you might not have seen his real-life meltdown at a Dairy Queen. Chris Jericho recorded it.

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WngpAHJNDhQ

                Comment


                • ^That's nuts. I wouldn't want to eat anything from an order that contested. I'd be embarrassed to be in the car even. If I were behind them in line, I'd consider leaving because it looked like a fight was going to break out.

                  As to Cornette, I agree a lot with him, but he can be too serious and too negative. I can't listen to his podcast regularly partly because I don't listen to any podcast regularly and mostly because I think it would spoil the enjoyment I do still have for the current product.

                  Instead, I search for the short clips of his reactions on Youtube when something really goofy happens (like the zombie match at Hell in a Cell) or significant (like Orndorff's death).

                  + YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


                  + YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 07-21-2021, 09:14 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                    Cornette is hilarious but he gets too emotional. Some of you might not have seen his real-life meltdown at a Dairy Queen. Chris Jericho recorded it.

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WngpAHJNDhQ
                    Still a fun watch. Did you see the one where he went off on santino marella at a con? Fn hilarious
                    .................................................. ..........................

                    Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                    Comment


                    • Cornette misses the kayfabe days, and I can understand that. He loved performing before audiences that believed wrestling was real and actually wanted to attack him. Back then a local television audience of 100 people would make more noise than a modern audience of 10,000 people will.

                      But that's all over and he never adjusted to it. The character he invented would still work because he was so funny, but he just won't play along.
                      Trey Strain
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-22-2021, 01:48 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Daniel Bryan sounds like a done deal for AEW, but I won't believe CM Punk until I see him in a ring and actually wrestling.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          Daniel Bryan sounds like a done deal for AEW, but I won't believe CM Punk until I see him in a ring and actually wrestling.
                          Rene young has a YouTube show called oral sessions where last year punk said hed love to wrestle a few guys from aew because he wrestled all big stars in wwe. A punk omega match Would draw huge and punk wrote some ovw tv before. Also he said money
                          .................................................. ..........................

                          Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                          Comment


                          • Glad finn balor is getting a shot again.
                            .................................................. ..........................

                            Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                              Glad finn balor is getting a shot again.
                              Yep. I'd really like to see him bring back the Demon, though. I jumped back into WWE after he was pretty much done with that. I'd like to see it in something new.


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                Yep. I'd really like to see him bring back the Demon, though. I jumped back into WWE after he was pretty much done with that. I'd like to see it in something new.

                                Na save the demon gimmick as a rare attraction. Make it special. The mythology of it Would be ruined if wwe had him lose all the time as demon king. Its based on real Irish mythology
                                .................................................. ..........................

                                Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X