No announcement yet.

The Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's something else that Vince has never understood. When you have something special, you don't put it on free television every week until you wear it out. You put it in house shows, and show it on television only on special occasions.

When Ric Flair was old and nearing the end, that's what they should have done with him. But Vince put him on television every week, often making him job to guys who had no business beating him.

Vince has never thought that anything was special. To him, television, house shows and PPVs are all the same thing.

Guys like Khali and Hornswoggle could still be going if Vince had kept them in house shows and just put them on television once a month.
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-24-2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      That's something else that Vince has never understood. When you have something special, you don't put it on free television every week until you wear it out. You put it in house shows, and show it on television only on special occasions.

When Ric Flair was old and nearing the end, that's what they should have done with him. But Vince put him on television every week, often making him job to guys who had no business beating him.

Vince has never thought that anything was special. To him, television, house shows and PPVs are all the same thing.

Guys like Khali and Hornswoggle could still be going if Vince had kept them in house shows and just put them on television once a month.
      Its the writers. There all Hollywood instead of regular wrestling bookers
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        Its the writers. There all Hollywood instead of regular wrestling bookers
        But NOTHING goes on television unless Vince approves it.

Vince also ruins guys by turning them into clowns. He did that with Terry Taylor, Eugene and Dusty Rhodes.

Comment

But NOTHING goes on television unless Vince approves it.

Vince also ruins guys by turning them into clowns. He did that with Terry Taylor, Eugene and Dusty Rhodes.
          From what i read guys like bruce prichard has to explain to vince about certain ideas. Thats why prichard is high on the totem pole. I also read vince became reclusive over the years where stephanie had to check on him. I mean vince is going to be 80 soon. There were concerns about his health last year. He looked horrible at hhh's 25th anniversary with the company on nxt

Comment

• The week after Austin taunted Jake Roberts with his Austin 3:16 remark, the stands were full of people holding up Austin 3:16 signs. Vince had to ask people what that meant.

Austin said he had a hell of a time convincing Vince to let him try out the Stone Cold character. He said Vince adamantly opposed it.

Jim Cornette said Vince wanted to call Vader the Mastodon. Cornette told him that Vader had been the WCW champion and that everybody knew who he was.

Vince is worse now, and Triple H and Stephanie are dong a good job of covering it up, but he's always had off-base ideas and been surprisingly out of touch.

Comment

The week after Austin taunted Jake Roberts with his Austin 3:16 remark, the stands were full of people holding up Austin 3:16 signs. Vince had to ask people what that meant.

Austin said he had a hell of a time convincing Vince to let him try out the Stone Cold character. He said Vince adamantly opposed it.

Jim Cornette said Vince wanted to call Vader the Mastodon. Cornette told him that Vader had been the WCW champion and that everybody knew who he was.

Vince is worse now, and Triple H and Stephanie are dong a good job of covering it up, but he's always had off-base ideas and been surprisingly out of touch.
              Im more connerned about the now not 20 years ago. I think cornette hit it on the head when wwf used every idea to defeat wcw. I personally believe vince is either full autistic or aspergers. Notice the repetavness. I myself have aspergers so i can sort of see simularities
              TazzMission
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by TazzMission; 07-24-2021, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• From the news I hear, it sounds like Vince has a very strong hold on RAW; a bit less on Smackdown; and basically ignores NXT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  From the news I hear, it sounds like Vince has a very strong hold on RAW; a bit less on Smackdown; and basically ignores NXT.
                  Yea i read the same. You know if he really dosent care about smackdown and main event why not just scrap it just stick to raw as the main show? Im sure thatll save him money since budget cuts are always argued for star releases. Also is 205 even a thing anymore? Seems like it quietly slipped into a abyss of no return
                  TazzMission
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by TazzMission; 07-24-2021, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Its being reported punk signed today and living colour who made cult of personality followed aew on twitter. Im not believing anything till punk is in a ring wrestling. Id love to of been a fly on that wall during negotioations

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                      ÖIm not believing anything till punk is in a ring wrestling. . .
                      Thatís what I say. But, as I think I mentioned, Iím not personally invested. I only know about Punk through retro watching. His whole run was from the long period I was away from wrestling.

Comment

• It's ridiculous that Vince wants to have an A show (Raw) and a B show (Smackdown). That's just telling people to not watch Smackdown!

Geoff Johns did the same thing. The GL title he wrote (Green Lantern) was an A title, and the GL titles those scrubs over there wrote were B titles.

All that did was to serve Geoff. It didn't serve DC Comics.

Comment

Thatís what I say. But, as I think I mentioned, Iím not personally invested. I only know about Punk through retro watching. His whole run was from the long period I was away from wrestling.
                          I admit i didn't get into him till 2011 with his pipebomb promo. You should look up a video on YouTube called cm punk people person. Its his promos from before wwe on the indies. Its like 9 minutes long. Talk about heel heat with the crowd

Comment

It's ridiculous that Vince wants to have an A show (Raw) and a B show (Smackdown). That's just telling people to not watch Smackdown!
                            There are a ton of major problems with WWE's current product (scripted promos, for instance), but that is a huge one. Not only do they treat it like A and B, but they have this dumb brand warfare (culminating in Survivor Series now being solely red vs blue). They would be so improved if they cut Raw (which wastes a lot of time in filler) from 3 back to 2 hours and opened up the two shows to share talent and stories.

Comment

There are a ton of major problems with WWE's current product (scripted promos, for instance), but that is a huge one. Not only do they treat it like A and B, but they have this dumb brand warfare (culminating in Survivor Series now being solely red vs blue). They would be so improved if they cut Raw (which wastes a lot of time in filler) from 3 back to 2 hours and opened up the two shows to share talent and stories.
                              What they should have done, way back when Vince bought WCW, was to have two shows. Call one Raw and one Nitro.

Vince should have evened up the rosters, the writing staffs and the announcers tables, and had the guys from the two shows wrestle each other only on the PPVs. Only the world champion would have gone back and forth between the shows.

Comment

What they should have done, way back when Vince bought WCW, was to have two shows. Call one Raw and one Nitro.

Vince should have evened up the rosters, the writing staffs and the announcers tables, and had the guys from the two shows wrestle each other only on the PPVs. Only the world champion would have gone back and forth between the shows.
                                Why? If vince dosent care for nxt why would he care about his competition he bought? Based on interviews by high ranking guys in his circle vince treats his competition like he must destroy them. Other stories i heard from heyman is vince is so competitive he competes with his own sneezes he also hates head nodding at creative meetings according to Cornette and stephanie. Cornette even stated vince is such a workaholic he rushed through a dinner he attended just to get back to work . Props for his work ethnic but that has to be a sad life if you think about it. One interview stated vince sleeps for like 1 hour hits the gym then office. As for wcw and ecw wwe should utilize them with video games focused only on those rosters no wwe guys and a retro toy line with a 90's throwback cardback
                                TazzMission
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by TazzMission; 07-26-2021, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X