Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • razor-ramon-wwf.gif

    Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    Kevin nash revealed the hall family will be taking Scott hall off life support. Scott hall is 63. Thats usually not a good sign. The story is he 3 heart attacks and blood clots day before yesterday wich is Saturday. He just had a hip replaced after a fall
    Yeah, very sad. I'm going to try to watch some Hall matches today. I've watched the famous ICT ladder match recently, so I'll go for others. One of the What Culture guys recommended the Michaels/Diesel vs. Razor/1-2-3 from 10/30/94 Action Zone. It's not on Peacock or Youtube, but is here on dailymotion.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 03-14-2022, 03:28 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      razor-ramon-wwf.gif



      Yeah, very sad. I'm going to try to watch some Hall matches today. I've watched the famous ICT ladder match recently, so I'll go for others. One of the What Culture guys recommended the Michaels/Diesel vs. Razor/1-2-3 from 10/30/94 Action Zone. It's not on Peacock or Youtube, but is here on dailymotion.
      Yea i actually found that rivalry on YouTube. Even the razor ramon vingettes
      .................................................. ..........................

      Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

      Comment


      • Hulk was at a party and opened with a nice little Hall tribute specifically attributing his success in NWO to him:

        + http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vEykUAGtd4" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vEykUAGtd4"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vEykUAGtd4" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Hulk was at a party and opened with a nice little Hall tribute specifically attributing his success in NWO to him:

          + http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vEykUAGtd4" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vEykUAGtd4"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vEykUAGtd4" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
          Eeer i cant stand hulk the person outside the ring. I heard he can be a real asshole. Now guys like nash hhh and x pac i would believe more since they were friend with hall
          .................................................. ..........................

          Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

          Comment


          • Well, I'm not going to defend him as a person because I don't know him and there are a lot of stories of him screwing others over. I don't particularly judge him for what he said in a sex tape that was released illegally, though. I think of him kind of like what I hear about William Shatner--he reached the top of his industry partly because of his willingness to put himself above others, but I like the work and if I get a chance to meet him and his get his autograph, I'll take it.

            As far as I can tell, Nash does call Hogan a friend, but I agree that Hall and Nash were closer than any of those other combos.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              Well, I'm not going to defend him as a person because I don't know him and there are a lot of stories of him screwing others over. I don't particularly judge him for what he said in a sex tape that was released illegally, though. I think of him kind of like what I hear about William Shatner--he reached the top of his industry partly because of his willingness to put himself above others, but I like the work and if I get a chance to meet him and his get his autograph, I'll take it.

              As far as I can tell, Nash does call Hogan a friend, but I agree that Hall and Nash were closer than any of those other combos.
              Im refering to fan stories . One saying if you dont have the money hulk wont even look at You. Ric flair is another apparently
              .................................................. ..........................

              Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

              Comment


              • I met Flair and he seemed cool for my limited interaction, but it was at a con and I had already paid, so I can't speak to how he would've treated me otherwise.

                Almost every celeb I've met has been at a convention (the other few were in charity-type situations where they're even less likely to be jerks). The most negative was Walter Koenig (Chekov) and even he was more stand-offish than a jerk per se (he didn't really talk to the fans and he only personalized autographs--which I didn't particularly care about--if you bought it at his table). Could've been an off day, but I later heard similar stories from other Trekkies.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  I met Flair and he seemed cool for my limited interaction, but it was at a con and I had already paid, so I can't speak to how he would've treated me otherwise.

                  Almost every celeb I've met has been at a convention (the other few were in charity-type situations where they're even less likely to be jerks). The most negative was Walter Koenig (Chekov) and even he was more stand-offish than a jerk per se (he didn't really talk to the fans and he only personalized autographs--which I didn't particularly care about--if you bought it at his table). Could've been an off day, but I later heard similar stories from other Trekkies.
                  The only wrestler i met twice that seemed moody was cm punk the second time i met him. It was when he signed with ufc and i asked about debuting in Chicago. Maybe i took it wrong but he made a remark like ufc was just in Chicago. According to fan stories punk can be a dick depending on how you approach him. I didnt get offended or upset but i was like that was odd. Jake roberts was cool as hell. Lita was awesome Victoria was a sweetheart. She did a free selfie with my second cousin who was like 8 for free. Taker was here at wizard but for 300 bucks i better be able to sleep with one of the divas. That sold quick. The nicest celeb i met was David ramsey from arrow . He spent a good 15 minutes chatting with eachfan when get his signature. We shot the shit about the x files revival and i suggested David duchoveny should be the question on arrow. This was before arrow season 3 came out
                  TazzMission
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by TazzMission; 03-22-2022, 02:20 PM.
                  .................................................. ..........................

                  Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                  Comment


                  • Damn. Hearing hhh saying he is done in the ring do to heart failure and breaking down is depressing
                    .................................................. ..........................

                    Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                    Comment


                    • I saw the headline, but haven't read/heard the details. Sorry to hear it, but glad he made it out alive and on his feet.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        I saw the headline, but haven't read/heard the details. Sorry to hear it, but glad he made it out alive and on his feet.
                        Theres a clip on YouTube.
                        .................................................. ..........................

                        Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                        Comment


                        • I was shocked when I saw how many views Jim Cornette's podcasts are getting. He's become huge.


                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H814_uIs6D0

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                            I was shocked when I saw how many views Jim Cornette's podcasts are getting. He's become huge.


                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H814_uIs6D0
                            He's one of the last experts alive who can provide insights on the territory days.

                            Comment


                            • I listen to highlights of his podcasts sometimes, especially if I see something really bad and want to hear his thoughts, but I can't listen all the time. I feel like I wouldn't be able to enjoy any modern wrestling if I did. I do agree with a lot of his concerns, but I think he's overly critical of AEW's product.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                I listen to highlights of his podcasts sometimes, especially if I see something really bad and want to hear his thoughts, but I can't listen all the time. I feel like I wouldn't be able to enjoy any modern wrestling if I did. I do agree with a lot of his concerns, but I think he's overly critical of AEW's product.
                                I'd have to agree there. He enjoys a particular style of wrestling, and he has some valid points about psychological storytelling that has been lost, but sometimes he's dismissive of lucha libre/ Japanese styles of matches that he thinks aren't over.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X