Least favourite film based on a comicbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least favourite film based on a comicbook

I think my least favourite film based on a comicbook has to be Man-Thing, due to the fact we only saw about 10 minites of the actual man-thing, and it was actualy a bore. I've been looking for that film for ages, and when I finaly saw the DVD in HMV, I nearly wet myself with joy! Then I saw the film and I just thought I wasted 4 on this shit. Even as a film itself it fails because the plot is so unorigional, and is just the basic monster horror story. The characters were flat. There were some of the worst comicbook films in 2005 (Fantastic Four, Elektra), but Man-thing has to be the worst, simply because it's boring, and does not really include much of the title character what so ever. The only good film from 05 I can renember is batman begins.

So what is everyone elses least favourite film basedon a comicbook?
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Yo.

not sure I can give a least fave, as theres quite a few films that when I had finished'em Id found myself soaked w/sweat from the effort of NOT ripping my eyes out........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Ghost.
      Rider.
      [center]

Originally posted by W.West
      DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Ditto..Ghost Rider...extremely bad!!!

Comment

I didn't mind GR myself, loved spirit of vengance though. So basicly, you're all saying you'd rate Elektra over GR?
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Elektra is too shitty to be on a shitty list.

Comment

Actually Man-Thing is a real contender for me too. The only reason it might not be #1 is that since it was a Sci-Fi Channel movie I went in with really low expectations (and they were met).

I was extremely disappointed in Red which was a sub-par action flick in its own right but had next to nothing to do with the graphic novel. I'm guessing the same could be said of Wanted but I haven't had the guts to watch it yet. I likewise haven't seen Elektra or Catwoman.

I probably would've said Batman and Robin in the past but I have the feeling if I saw it again I'd find it more LOL than cringe-worthy. Roger Corman's Fantastic Four is likewise low on the list but it similarly has camp value to me. I know this is a controversial choice but I might have to say Spider-Man 2 (with Spider-Man 3 a close runner-up). I don't think I could force myself to watch either of those again. I find Peter Parker nauseatingly annoying in them.

Yep, I might have to go with that:

Comment

I liked red.

Comment

The Hulk..worst movie ever

Comment

Ghost Rider
                    Daredevil
                    Steel
                    The Fantastic Four film that was never meant to be released to the public but it's low on the list as I find it is a real interesting part of popular culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      Actually Man-Thing is a real contender for me too. The only reason it might not be #1 is that since it was a Sci-Fi Channel movie I went in with really low expectations (and they were met).

I was extremely disappointed in Red which was a sub-par action flick in its own right but had next to nothing to do with the graphic novel. I'm guessing the same could be said of Wanted but I haven't had the guts to watch it yet. I likewise haven't seen Elektra or Catwoman.

I probably would've said Batman and Robin in the past but I have the feeling if I saw it again I'd find it more LOL than cringe-worthy. Roger Corman's Fantastic Four is likewise low on the list but it similarly has camp value to me. I know this is a controversial choice but I might have to say Spider-Man 2 (with Spider-Man 3 a close runner-up). I don't think I could force myself to watch either of those again. I find Peter Parker nauseatingly annoying in them.

Yep, I might have to go with that:

I loved spider-man 3 (apart from the jazz scenes, cringe almighty!), but I'm with you on spidey 2, an awfull ffilm. A shame, Doc Ock was great in it, but Peter having a hissy fit and losing his powers was a very bad move for the franchise. I recently saw FF again, and although i wouldn't rate it highly at all, I did bare with it and I dare say maybe even enjoyed it, just a tiny bit though. I think Capitain America the first avanger was awfull too, it was just made so they could make the avengers really, and it was poorly executed.

Comment

Originally posted by The British Lantern View Post
                        Ghost Rider
                        Daredevil
                        Steel
                        The Fantastic Four film that was never meant to be released to the public but it's low on the list as I find it is a real interesting part of popular culture.
                        Oh, but you must like Daredevil!!!!!!! So dark ansd gothic, Bullseye in that film rocked!

Comment

Nope it was awful and this is come form some who enjoys bad movies.

I remember another one
                          Captain America (1990)

Comment

Green Hornet, that movie just pissed all over the series, it was so bad I left halfway through I could not stand another second of that shit.

Comment

This thread is just another excuse for deadpool to have a new outlet to talk about the shotgun movies he likes and crap on the good or halfway decent movies a lot of us like. I feel like I've read every one of his comments in this thread before.

Comment

Working...
                              X