WHY!?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY!?!?!?!?

So about two months ago now I had a seven or eight year old computer with Windows XP. In my area You tube is pretty slow along with other stuff, And usually I'd wait until a few minites for all of the grey line to load to I could watch/listen to the video and I'd rewatch the video a few times if it was a music video and I didn't want to wait about seven minites to load annother one. On my new computor which is "top of the range" with Windows 7, The grey line is still there, but when I so much as click on the little circle in front of the red line let alone wind it back, the grey line disappears and I have to fucking wait to load it again! Today I've been wanting to listen to "Fall Out Boy - The Pheonix", and I've not been able to becuase for some reason when the bar gets to 47 seconds, it no longer moves (although loading continues), so although it is still loading, I cannot track it so I don't know when download has finished, therefore if I'm say halfway through the video, it stops, and I have to wait for it to load. And what I would want to do is run it back so I can listen to the whole track again as it'd sound silly with just the last half there, but of course becuase of my little "upgrade" I would have to wait for the whole thing to download again.

So can anyone tell me why, and is there any advice out there?
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Because you touch yourself at night.

Seriously though I think that is more of a YouTube change than anything with your computer. The same things happens for me on YouTube.
    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Doesn't everyone?

Ah fuck. So it's not to do with me. Can you think of any alternatives to listen to any music on?
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Yo.

wat browser ya using 'pool?

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Internet explorer.

I just tried again, the download was at about halfway there and I accidently clicked on it moving the fucking ittle circle there and just like that, all that proggress gone. I was furious and still am. Stupid new thing. I thought the whole point of upgrading was ti improve apon things, not make them worse.

Comment

Step 1. Stop listening to Fallout Boy

Step 2. Stop using Internet Explorer

Step 3. Stop listening to Fallout Boy again

Step 4. Stop clicking around the little clitoris YouTube circle. Be patient

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

There is no upgrade or improvement that will make Internet Explorer good.
              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Get Chrome or Firefox
                Install AdBlockPlus
                enjoy

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                  Internet explorer.

I just tried again, the download was at about halfway there and I accidently clicked on it moving the fucking ittle circle there and just like that, all that proggress gone. I was furious and still am. Stupid new thing. I thought the whole point of upgrading was ti improve apon things, not make them worse.
                  ok, np. plz pay attention to the following 2 posts:

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post

&

Originally posted by Zander Yurami View Post
                  Get Chrome or Firefox
                  Install AdBlockPlus
                  enjoy
                  now, my addition: along with AdBlockPlus I would also install
                  Download Flash and Video
                  which would allow U to d/l the clip once yur on the page, BUT ALSO allows ya to move on from it once said d/l has begin w/o ya having to wait on that page the whole time. U can also alter the resolution at which it d/l's as well.

alternately, if its just the music ya wanna hear ( and yur unconcerned with the video) then ust copy the url and goto 1 of those "YT-to-mp3" sites which would take said link, extract the snd-file from the .flv. and provide ya with a shorter wait time PLUS the song which U can then play later on in Winamp or watever media player ya currently use.

either 1 of those 2 methods R simple to enact, and get the job done. GL.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                  Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post

Step 1. NO!
                    Step 2. Bbbut, I like it!
                    Step 3. What's your issue with Fall Out Boy??????? Patrick Stumps vocals are beautifull. First you impress me by writing your own comicbooks, now you discust me by hating the music of Fall Out Boy!!!!!!!
                    Step 4. *Deep breaths* Okay.
                    Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                    Yo.

ok, np. plz pay attention to the following 2 posts:

&

now, my addition: along with AdBlockPlus I would also install
                    Download Flash and Video
                    which would allow U to d/l the clip once yur on the page, BUT ALSO allows ya to move on from it once said d/l has begin w/o ya having to wait on that page the whole time. U can also alter the resolution at which it d/l's as well.

alternately, if its just the music ya wanna hear ( and yur unconcerned with the video) then ust copy the url and goto 1 of those "YT-to-mp3" sites which would take said link, extract the snd-file from the .flv. and provide ya with a shorter wait time PLUS the song which U can then play later on in Winamp or watever media player ya currently use.

either 1 of those 2 methods R simple to enact, and get the job done. GL.

Tazer
                    Yeah, it's just the music I'm bothered about. Can you receomend a YT-tomp3 sites?

Comment

Fallout Boy? Seriously? Only band worse than them are the Smashing Pumpkins.

And using Internet Explorer means you're a bad person.
                      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

They're better than that One Errection or whatever. AT least FOB play their own instruments and write their own stuff........I think............What do you want me to listen to?

I am I bad person and would be with or without IE.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                          Fallout Boy? Seriously? Only band worse than them are the Smashing Pumpkins.

When did it become cool to hate The Smashing Pumpkins?
                          JohnnyV
                          Pictionary Master
                          Last edited by JohnnyV; 04-29-2013, 08:51 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

What should you listen to?

Muse
                            30 Seconds to Mars
                            Coheed & Cambria
                            The Dear Hunter
                            Mars Volta
                            The Used
                            My Chemical Romance
                            System of a Down

Just to name a few

Comment

*I like Muse! Especially the resistance album.
                              *Yuck, I hate 30STM. Their songs drag on.
                              *My Chemical Romance are awfull. I hear done of their songs and it sounded like some Jewish barmitzva song. I hate emo stuff.
                              *I can't stand Serg Tankain. His stuff just doesn't gel with me for some reason (for those of you who don't know, he's the lead singer of SOTD)
                              *Never heard of the rest.

Now here's what Y'alls should listen to bitches!

*Marilyn Manson
                              *Deathstars
                              *Pendulum
                              *Eminem
                              *Nate Dogg
                              *American headcharge
                              *Muse
                              *Five Finger Death Punch
                              *Japan
                              *Limp Bizkit
                              *Ramstein

I won't mention Fall Out Boy as you hate them so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X