• Show
Clear All

• Rope a dope 1 & 2 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1421782837

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1421782837

Comment

• Sister Street Fighter (1974)

"You're some woman."

This movie has no real connection to the three SF movies beyond the title reference and a guest appearance by Sonny Chiba, who does not play Terry.

It was alright but there was some clever staging of the fights: ones in the front of a seafood restaurant, another picks the unusual and challenging set-up of filming in front of a full-sized mirror, and another is on a rope bridge.

Here's a review on wiki, I'd agree with: "The film is generally well received. Fans cite Hiroshi Miyauchi's excellent martial arts skills and the variety of battle. Detractors state there is flat acting and over-reliance on wire special effect, especially during the final battle. Also, Sonny Chiba's "Tsurugi" character doesn't appear, despite the English title."
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 02-03-2015, 03:37 AM.

Comment

• Yo.

I caught this Sat-nite:

....and I must say I was quite pleased with this work. it runs with the typical themes of revolutionaries fighting against the gov't & the clueless citizens (this time is a travelling performance troupe) who get mixed up in psuedo-political drama/bullshit, but the characters *and* their outfits were so colorful, the fight choreography being as tight as it was, plus the use of so many open locations (as opposed to being stuck in a done-up studio lot or indoor set) easily made me overlook the re-re-re-rehashed plot devices as they played out onscreen.

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• I watched the first IP Man again. Great movie! "Mom said start fighting or everything will be broken."

Too bad the IP Man movies got progressively worse.

Comment

• Watched 2011's Bangkok Revenge the other day.

I thought it mostly sucked, but one thing I dug was that at one point, the lead is legitimately attacked by multiple baddies at the same time and deflects and beats them. Usually, they take turns, even if they're close together, but here they all punched at once.

Comment

• Comment

• Yo.

started watching this the other day:

and stopped after 10mins, went back & looked at the image again, then almost slapped my head when I *finally* noticed the "Netflix" that wasnt all-too-obviously displayed on the img-poster (which sadly explained all the english language, western-concept fight choreography & flim edits, and overall unattractiveness I was seeing displayed on-screen.)

also, Jason Scott Lee has apparently turned himself into No Neck McMusclehead.....so yea, I passed on finishing that.

Tazer
                Tazer
                That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                Last edited by Tazer; 07-08-2016, 06:45 PM.

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• You gave up too soon. Sure it doesn't live up to the original and it feels much more Western, but Woo-Ping Yuen directed it and the fights were mostly really good. You probably didn't even get to the Donnie Yen fights.

Comment

• Yo.

...........nope, and no regrets to be found either.

anywho, I saw this over the wk-end:

........in the end, it wasn't as strong a story as the 1st two but I still enjoyed it overall; the scene with "the fight" was VERY interesting, if only for a discussion as to how it would've ended had it been allowed past the allotted time limit.

Tazer
                    Tazer
                    That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                    Last edited by Tazer; 07-08-2016, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Hmm. My local AMC doesn't have that yet.

Comment

• Yo.

didn't see it in the theat-ARRRRRRR!!!!

Tazer

Comment

• Oh, right, I should have realized.

Comment

• Yo.

saw this last nite:

Monk Comes Down The Mountain might best be described with this as its replacement title: The Misadventures of a Castaway Monk. seriously, there was alot of shit going on in this movie, so much so it felt like this wasnt an original work but an book adaptation (or series of) which got a movie treatment & the screenwriter(s) wanted to fit all of it into this 1 flick.

that said, I rather enjoyed it. it told its story pretty different from other modern MA-flicks, had the requisite "holyshitthatwasawesomesifuwillyoumakemeyourpupil? " -kung-fu thats a staple for *all* good movies of this type, and even used a good bit of CGI in the wire-fu displayed to good effect.

it also stars the son of somebody of an actor I think MOST of the readers of this thread will recognize......altho I'll be fair and admit that I only just now confirmed his ID. cuz Im lazy like that.

Tazer

Comment

• Yo.

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tazer

Comment

• Been in a Cynthia Rothrock mood, so on the recommendation of a friend, I watched . . .

Undefeatable (1994)

"I'll keep an eye out for ya."

This one has horrible acting and is (at least internet) infamous (see here and video below) especially for the final fight which includes a lot of unnecessary grunting. Worth watching for the type.

+ YouTube Video
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 04-19-2016, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X