Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo.

Originally posted by GreenLantern2816 View Post
    My favorites - The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Shaolin Challenges Ninja, 5 Deadly Venoms, Kill & Kill Again & of course Revenge of the Ninja.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

One of my favourites:

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern2816 View Post
        My favorites - The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Shaolin Challenges Ninja, 5 Deadly Venoms, Kill & Kill Again & of course Revenge of the Ninja.
        Seen the first 3 and like 'em all. Will probably get 'em on DVD or (with Chamber) Blu-ray.

Comment

Fatal Flying Guillotine (1977)

"Old bastard, I pretended to respect you, you stupid old fool! Ha ha ha!"

Confusingly (to me) this is neither a sequel to the Shaw Brothers' Flying Guillotine nor the Thai One-Armed Boxer series (aka Master of the Flying Guillotine), which is what I thought I had at first.

It was alright. The titular weapon looks pretty good here. The fights are decent.

Comment

Does Jet Li's HERO count? Because that's one of my favorite movies of all time. Its just so damn beautiful. I've always liked his films. Obviously the popular Chan movies like Drunken Master are on my list but something about Li's movies just sung to me.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
              Does Jet Li's HERO count? Because that's one of my favorite movies of all time. Its just so damn beautiful. I've always liked his films. Obviously the popular Chan movies like Drunken Master are on my list but something about Li's movies just sung to me.
              We were talking a little about wushu (which some derogatorily refer to as "wire fu") somewhere below.

I love Hero and have it on DVD. The color schemes alone are amazing. I also love the bits where thousands of arrows rain down.

Comment

Speaking of Zhang Yimou (he directed Hero and House of Flying Daggers), he's in the news today:

China probes reports of film director Zhang Yimou's seven children

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese authorities have begun investigating reports that Zhang Yimou, one of China's best-known movie directors, has seven children in violation of strict family planning rules, which could result in a fine of 160 million yuan ($26.05 million), state media said on Thursday...

Comment

He needs to appear on Maury...just to be sure. Then him and Maury can fight wire fu style in a duel of death

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    We were talking a little about wushu (which some derogatorily refer to as "wire fu") somewhere below.

I love Hero and have it on DVD. The color schemes alone are amazing. I also love the bits where thousands of arrows rain down.

this has actually become a cinematic "thing" (like the Matrix's "bullet time" -effect)now; Id never seen that "sky darkened with arrows" -bit in any film before, but ever since that movie Ive seen it popup here & there.

and speaking of Li's flixx, a good one that didnt get any real billing on these shores was Warlords. I recommend catching it to anyone who hasnt done so yet.........

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                      this has actually become a cinematic "thing" (like the Matrix's "bullet time" -effect)now; Id never seen that "sky darkened with arrows" -bit in any film before, but ever since that movie Ive seen it popup here & there...
                      In the new Injustice game, Ares does it for his special move (right before he squishes you like a bug).

(Sorry, I can't find a capture for the arrows in air.)
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 05-09-2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Yo.

ok, thats just hot right there.......

Tazer

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

I have this on DVD as well, but remember being somewhat disappointed. I'll have to watch this again.

Comment

Yo.

prolly cuz Hero wasnt an ma-flick in the strictest sense; it was more of a subtle revolution/conspiracy tale with romantic-oriented wire-fu mixed in; much like House of Flying Daggers.

a good Li ma-flick would easily be Fearless; good fighting performances, decent historical adaptation of a real folk hero, and a VERY well-done ending to seal the deal.

Tazer

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                              Yo.

prolly cuz Hero wasnt an ma-flick in the strictest sense; it was more of a subtle revolution/conspiracy tale with romantic-oriented wire-fu mixed in; much like House of Flying Daggers.

Tazer
                              Speaking of "Wire-Fu," how do you guys feel about that? I thought it worked in a few flicks (CTHD), but when they started incorporating it into everything martial arts, it just detracts from how good the sparring sequences are and tip toes into the realm of fantasy. All martial arts flicks don't need to have characters flying from rooftops and tree branches to be visually stimulating.

Comment

Yo.

b4 I answer that: CTHD?

vas ist das???

Tazer

Comment

Working...
                                X